NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-18, 01:57 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?

So far I got two of the pedals on order. The brake and the accelerator from an F-Sport to put in my wife's NX300T. The rubber/plastic pedals look so bad to me that the aluminum pedals should have been standard on all models honestly..lol Mercedes did the same with our w211 for some reason thinking that plastic pedals look better than nice aluminum ones. (also fixed that as well).

What I can't find anywhere is the foot rest/dead pedal from the F-Sport for the NX. Does anyone have a part number or anything of that nature?

Just incase anyone was wondering on part numbers for the aluminum pedals:
  • Brake pedal: 47121-78010 Around $56
  • Accelerator: 78110-0w080 Around $160

The brake pedal just slips off and the new aluminum pedal slips on. The accelerator is two bolts and a connector on the top. If they just sold the pedal cover I'm sure it would be cheaper but since you are getting the entire unit that's why the cost is so expensive. Attached below pictures of brake accelerator.

Also note that if you have a LHD vehicle the accelerator pedals ARE different from RHD. See labeled pictures below. The part number above for the brake pedal should work on both RHD and LDH, The above accelerator is ONLY for LHD vehicles.

What I am looking for is circled in red.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Attached Thumbnails Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-pedal2.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-pedal3.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-lhd-pedals.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-rhd-pedals.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-lhd-pead2.jpg  

Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-rhd-pedal2.jpg  

Last edited by nigel821; 01-10-18 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-11-18, 02:12 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Welp after way more research and finding another thread over on the IS part, it appears Lexus/Toyota instead of having a removable dead pedal it's part of the carpet... *rolls eyes*. I will confirm/deny this once I do my wife's illuminated door sills shortly in a week or two, but when browsing a youtube video it appears that's the case with our cars... I've taken screen shots. Hopefully that's NOT the case but from looking at it closer I think it is. Which would mean if you want a F-sport dead pedal you either have to cut out yours and make it not look like a hack job or replace the carpet from an F-Sport which is almost $600...

I will update this thread once I find out. But at least we know the gas/brake pedal can be swapped. I'm sure many wouldn't even notice the non matching dead pedal while others might. If you are used to plastic pedals and swap to these then it's a nice looking upgrade in my opinion.

-Nigel
Attached Thumbnails Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-carpet.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-carpet2.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-carpet3.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-carpet4.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-carpet5.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
olgzr (01-11-20)
Old 01-16-18, 01:16 PM
TomoG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked into this about a year ago and according to my Lexus dealer, the dead pedal is part of the carpet. I was hoping there was another option in the aftermarket but found nothing suitable at the time.
Old 01-16-18, 04:48 PM
nigel821
Racer

Yea that is so silly. Have no idea why they would do that. I ordered the above accelerator and the brake pedal pad so hopefully have those in a few days. Should be an easy install. Two bolts and a harness for the accelerator and then just slip off the brake pedal pad and slip on the new one. I'll post pictures once I get them.

I showed my wife and she said who looks down at pedals...lol Guess she was ok with the plastic pedals that it had. I like the aluminum look, way more classier. The dead pedal right now isn't visible because she has the all season liners, but in spring I guess I might see if I can figure something out or just leave the rubber/plastic dead pedal where it's at. I know for sure I'm not spending $600 just to change the carpet for the dead pedal.

-Nigel
Old 01-18-18, 07:59 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arg. Got an email stating my order was cancelled due to either no longer being made or backordered with no manufacture ETA... how annoying. Will have to order from another site. This order was from lexuspartsnow. I emailed them asking which was it, probably no ETA but still that's rather annoying.
Will update once I find a place that has them.

EDIT: Ordered from Japan. Should have them in two weeks, hopefully sooner though.

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 01-19-18 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-02-18, 07:44 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Welp got the pedals installed. Super easy. Only hard part is the brake pedal pad. It's bit of a pain getting all 4 corners of the pedal to go in the pad. The rubber is a pain. I ended up using a radiator pick to slowly work one edge into the pad, then work around. Took about 10 minutes. The gas pedal was super easy. Two bolts and a harness. Unclip harness, undo both bolts, put in new pedal and screw in two bolts and clip harness in. Looks way better than the crappy plastic pedals. Should have come on ALL nx's honestly. Just a little bummed no matching dead pedal but oh well....

-Nigel
Attached Thumbnails Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-20180116_150829_resized.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-20180202_193941_resized.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-20180202_203311_resized.jpg   Part number for the F-Sport foot rest/dead pedal?-20180202_211654_resized.jpg  
Old 02-15-18, 09:08 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
Well got the pedals installed. Super easy. Only hard part is the brake pedal pad. It's bit of a pain getting all 4 corners of the pedal to go in the pad. The rubber is a pain. I ended up using a radiator pick to slowly work one edge into the pad, then work around. Took about 10 minutes. The gas pedal was super easy. Two bolts and a harness. Unclip harness, undo both bolts, put in new pedal and screw in two bolts and clip harness in. Looks way better than the crappy plastic pedals. Should have come on ALL nx's honestly. Just a little bummed no matching dead pedal but oh well....<br />-Nigel
I just got my set today and the brake pedal pad was a total PITA. It took you 10 minutes, it took me over half an hour of fighting with that thing, maybe because I am old . Finally got both on, looks great now.

Name:  nHVPUVk.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  503 Bytes

Last edited by oldwineguy; 02-16-18 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-16-18, 01:30 PM
nigel821
Racer

Nice! Looks great!! Yea that brake pedal was a PITA. It doesn't hep either that the new pedal ha that fin on the right side. It it was exactly how the rubber brake pad was it would have taken less time to put on I'm sure.

It's funny how something as simple as pedals can really make the interior more polished looking!

-Nigel
Old 06-10-19, 09:42 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
Welp after way more research and finding another thread over on the IS part, it appears Lexus/Toyota instead of having a removable dead pedal it's part of the carpet... *rolls eyes*. I will confirm/deny this once I do my wife's illuminated door sills shortly in a week or two, but when browsing a youtube video it appears that's the case with our cars... I've taken screen shots. Hopefully that's NOT the case but from looking at it closer I think it is. Which would mean if you want a F-sport dead pedal you either have to cut out yours and make it not look like a hack job or replace the carpet from an F-Sport which is almost $600...

I will update this thread once I find out. But at least we know the gas/brake pedal can be swapped. I'm sure many wouldn't even notice the non matching dead pedal while others might. If you are used to plastic pedals and swap to these then it's a nice looking upgrade in my opinion.

-Nigel
The back seems quite rigid. Might be able to make some good DIY.
Old 01-11-20, 04:00 AM
bartolini9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there guys,

I found this pedal set on AliExpress. They say that it will fit also NX. But based on your findings the accelerator pedal is the whole set, the rubber itself can’t be just replaced. But maybe their steel accel pedal is a bit bigger, so it can be slide into the rubber pedal? What do you think about that? Based on the item description only brake pedal rubber needs to be removed, there is nothing said about accel pedal rubber so I am guessing it can be put on the old rubber. Maybe there is no need to replace whole expensive accelerator pedal set?

Also in the package there is a footrest which can be used. It can be glued to existing one, but at least it’s something better and quicker than replacing whole carpet. What do you think?

https://a.aliexpress.com/M6Wn3eGrt

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Last edited by bartolini9; 01-11-20 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-11-20, 10:20 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by bartolini9
Hi there guys,

I found this pedal set on AliExpress. They say that it will fit also NX. But based on your findings the accelerator pedal is the whole set, the rubber itself can’t be just replaced. But maybe their steel accel pedal is a bit bigger, so it can be slide into the rubber pedal? What do you think about that? Based on the item description only brake pedal rubber needs to be removed, there is nothing said about accel pedal rubber so I am guessing it can be put on the old rubber. Maybe there is no need to replace whole expensive accelerator pedal set?

Also in the package there is a footrest which can be used. It can be glued to existing one, but at least it’s something better and quicker than replacing whole carpet. What do you think?

https://a.aliexpress.com/M6Wn3eGrt

Thanks in advance for your tips.
You won't be able to slide the chineses pedal over the OEM. I purchased something similar to what you linked. Almost to the T in looks for my wife's solara and it was the same design on the back, It was horrible. Did not work at all.

Gluing another dead pedal on top of the plastic dead pedal is going to look silly honestly., It's going to be raised and considering that's where your foot is going to rest/move it will eventually come off. or you'll be getting a ton of dirt and grime from your shoe there eventually especially during winter.

Buy them and test them out for the group... All I know is most chinese metals that are advertised as oem looking, tend to not last. They corrode, or rust. Which is something the OEM won't. It's kinda pricey but it's OEM and if you break down the cost over a year it's like a dollar a day..lol

-Nigel
Old 01-11-20, 11:48 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I had these stainless steel pedals on my NX for four years. They looked as good as new the whole time. They never rusted nor loosened.

The following 2 users liked this post by NXOwner:
bartolini9 (01-11-20), nigel821 (01-11-20)
Old 01-11-20, 12:20 PM
nigel821
Racer

bartolini9:

There ya go. NXOwner post should work for ya.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
bartolini9 (01-11-20)
Old 01-11-20, 12:59 PM
bartolini9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
I had these stainless steel pedals on my NX for four years. They looked as good as new the whole time. They never rusted nor loosened.

Thanks for those pics. Did you do anything to the footrest or still it’s original one?

Thanks.
Old 01-11-20, 01:48 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bartolini9
Thanks for those pics. Did you do anything to the footrest or still it’s original one?
At the time I bought these, I noticed that the foot rest pedal was almost impossible to find. It didn’t matter to me, because I use the WeatherTech mats, which cover that foot rest.