LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

FIGS lca bushing and bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-18, 05:55 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts
Default FIGS lca bushing and bracket

I am will be ordering the figs lca bushing in 90a polyand will be doing an install thread for those that are interested. Soon as i get the bushings I will be posting up a how to, big thank you to Mike from figs he is a stand up guy and I would highly recommend going to him for all your Lexus needs.
Old 01-03-18, 07:46 PM
LSKelvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots more FIGS stuff coming soon for me too

Old 01-03-18, 07:52 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LSKelvin
Lots more FIGS stuff coming soon for me too

Hahaha omg bro I thought you would never post your like a ghost lol yah man I am ordering them tonight and next week my arms should be going to lazer cut and shipped out, what hardness did you end up get 80a? Is there any noticeable difference?

Also what you other goodies are you getting from mike?
Old 01-04-18, 06:58 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Aren't the figs arms designed to be used with air suspension? It seems they are designed to maximize camber to allow wheels to tuck when driving low or is there another purpose for those arms they are def a costly upgrade unless the plan is to drive super low with camber ?? Just learning as we see new products being designed for the LS platform
Old 01-04-18, 07:20 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onthelo
Aren't the figs arms designed to be used with air suspension? It seems they are designed to maximize camber to allow wheels to tuck when driving low or is there another purpose for those arms they are def a costly upgrade unless the plan is to drive super low with camber ?? Just learning as we see new products being designed for the LS platform
They have a set for VIP type builds but I asked Mike if he could make custom arms for me so I could correct my camber back to acceptable specs my camber right now is -1.7 for the front drivers side and -1.4 for the front passenger side. I honestly do not know what can be used with air suspension because it has never appealed to me I am more performance oriented.

My idea with the ls430 is it's weak point is it's handling capabilities so I am going about replacing most of the stock suspension with aftermarket parts as well as adding bigger sway bars and chassis braces.

I would highly recommend getting there lca bushing

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/cat-G3-LS-CAT/G2ISHP-FRLCA-SP3491K-IN-BRKT

This is essential most of the time the stock fluid filled ones on the car have cracks in the and the fluid has seeped out this throws off the toe causing premature wear on the very inside of the tire. You cannot even tell that is causing it because on an aligment machine it will show your toe is in spec but the aligment machine cannot simulate when the cars suspension is put underload and has braking forces applied to it.

See how by the blue camber arm the inside of the tire is super worn out on the very edge? That is due to the lca bushings be totally shot and it starts to cup the tire and eats away at it mine were so bad I had to rotate my tires every 2500 miles I thought this was caused by camber it it's actually the lca making the toe go out of wack under load.
Old 01-04-18, 09:45 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Just buy the bushings and simply replace the bushings in YOUR lower control arm. Nothing wrong with the aluminum LCA that comes with the bushings, but why waste a quality LCA.

Not hard to press out the old bushing. You just need a 3" OD piece of steel tubing as an arbor. Go to a machine shop to have it done. They will have a hydraulic press. Duck soup.

Handling will be better and I find it noticeable.
Old 01-04-18, 09:58 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lorenr
Just buy the bushings and simply replace the bushings in YOUR lower control arm. Nothing wrong with the aluminum LCA that comes with the bushings, but why waste a quality LCA.

Not hard to press out the old bushing. You just need a 3" OD piece of steel tubing as an arbor. Go to a machine shop to have it done. They will have a hydraulic press. Duck soup.

I am building my car to handle better why would I put stock bushings back in Mike has tested these bushings at the track also I know how to put bushings in my friend owns a shop and I have it at my disposal.

Also it's not the lower control arm that's being replaced it's just the end with the bracket and bushing. I am buying a upper control arm to adjust my camber I think you maybe confused the two.

That is the bushing and bracket on the stock lca that is the bushing I am talking about.

Last edited by 05ls430518; 01-04-18 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-04-18, 10:18 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by lorenr

Does FIGS offer the bushings by themselves (without aluminum brackets)? I did not find them on their website.
Old 01-04-18, 10:28 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rkw77080
Does FIGS offer the bushings by themselves (without aluminum brackets)? I did not find them on their website.

I actually asked about that first and unfortunately they do not if there is enough people interested maybe mike would do a group buy I cannot speak for him I could ask him if there is a substantial number of people interested.
Old 01-04-18, 12:53 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rkw77080
I used ISF bushings on my LS430.
Old 01-04-18, 06:12 PM
LSKelvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
Hahaha omg bro I thought you would never post your like a ghost lol yah man I am ordering them tonight and next week my arms should be going to lazer cut and shipped out, what hardness did you end up get 80a? Is there any noticeable difference?

Also what you other goodies are you getting from mike?
Went 90a. I’ve had everything from the track bearing to the RR Racing bushing and each one made a difference in either direction. IMO the RR and track bearing didn’t have much difference comfort wise but going from the RR to FIGS was like going back to stock. I have the front LCA #1 bushing getting worked on right now but it requires a lot of cutting and press work so my friend is having some difficulty. Also have the MEGA arms on the way. Should be here in a week or two. Will need the trac arms to complete the rear set. Should be a nice addition to my rear UCA and toe arms regardless.
Old 01-04-18, 06:24 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by k7q
I used ISF bushings on my LS430.
Can you post which bushings you used? I wpuld appreciate it.
Old 01-04-18, 06:29 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LSKelvin
Went 90a. I’ve had everything from the track bearing to the RR Racing bushing and each one made a difference in either direction. IMO the RR and track bearing didn’t have much difference comfort wise but going from the RR to FIGS was like going back to stock. I have the front LCA #1 bushing getting worked on right now but it requires a lot of cutting and press work so my friend is having some difficulty. Also have the MEGA arms on the way. Should be here in a week or two. Will need the trac arms to complete the rear set. Should be a nice addition to my rear UCA and toe arms regardless.
I just want the car to handle better an not be like a land going ocean liner lol I am curious what the rear arms, the front upper control arms, coilovers, chassis braces and sway bars will do to the cars handling I hope it make the car feel like a sports car.
Old 01-04-18, 06:45 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
Can you post which bushings you used? I wpuld appreciate it.
http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-LEXUS...LCA-SP3491K-90

LS430 housing is a little bigger. You have to center the bushing and remove the old washer from the LCA.

Attachment 490743
Old 01-04-18, 07:14 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Originally Posted by k7q
http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-LEXUS...LCA-SP3491K-90

LS430 housing is a little bigger. You have to center the bushing and remove the old washer from the LCA.

I don't understand what you mean about centering the bushing isn't it just one solid bushing that you just press in?

Quick Reply: FIGS lca bushing and bracket