GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Repinning ecu aristo swapped gs300 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 03:01 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repinning ecu aristo swapped gs300 help

So i posted in the builds thread for help. Im aristo swapping my 01 gs300 build date 07/01. Ordered my aristo swap with auto trans came with ecu igniot and maf. So got the motor in put ecu in plugged the wiring in and goto start the car and doesnt crank or anything only dash light that comes on is the cel amd i get a buzzing noise from the throttle body area. It was mentioned by some one on a face book forum i probably need to repin is this the case and can i get some help. I did some reserch but am not finding what i need. Thanks in advanced
Old 01-01-18, 03:38 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Are you sure the trans is in park? Did you replace the caps on the wire harness with the Aristo caps...(Orange and black)?
Old 01-01-18, 03:46 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Letsride
Are you sure the trans is in park? Did you replace the caps on the wire harness with the Aristo caps...(Orange and black)?
I never thought about the trans being in park i didnt hook the shifter up to the trans yet. Im still running the orange amd grey caps from my ge. I will swap those over tomorrow to the aristo ones
Old 01-01-18, 05:28 PM
Letsride

Ok. Check that out and report back.
Old 01-03-18, 10:09 AM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Ok. Check that out and report back.
ok so didnt have a chance to work on it yesterday had the flu but got into the garage today switched the orange and grey plug and also found a grounding issue. So now when i turn the key to start all the dash lights and headlights and all light up which didnt happen before but still wont crank. Is it possibly the imobilizer key. I always thought the car could crank just wouldnt fire over
Old 01-03-18, 11:54 AM
Letsride

Does the aristo ecu have the immobilizer? Post the # of the ecu
Old 01-03-18, 12:06 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Does the aristo ecu have the immobilizer? Post the # of the ecu
Ok so there should be a picture attached eith my ecu number
Attached Thumbnails Repinning ecu aristo swapped gs300 help-20180103_135942.jpg  
Old 01-03-18, 01:00 PM
Letsride

That ECU has the immobilizer in it. You will need to either get it reprogrammed or get another ecu without it. This is the PN you need to look for if you go that route....89661-3A470
Old 01-03-18, 01:21 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

That ECU has the immobilizer in it. You will need to either get it reprogrammed or get another ecu without it. This is the PN you need to look for if you go that route....89661-3A470
Ok as far as getting reprogrammed is that in getting my key repromgrammed. I read something about a lock smith can do it if they have toyota multi link.
Also thanks alot for the help i was getting a little discourage before
Old 01-03-18, 01:39 PM
Letsride

Yes.....if you dont have the key for the Aristo ecu then you will have to take it to someone to do the reprogramming.

And no problem.....here to help!
The following users liked this post:
grupple (01-03-18)
Old 01-05-18, 11:49 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I can do it if you want to send me the ecu, dm me on ig for details as I don't check cl much anymore. Although it is about the same price to just buy a non-immobilized aristo ecu and drop it in, unless you really want to keep the immobilizer function working.
Old 01-06-18, 07:57 AM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I can do it if you want to send me the ecu, dm me on ig for details as I don't check cl much anymore. Although it is about the same price to just buy a non-immobilized aristo ecu and drop it in, unless you really want to keep the immobilizer function working.
alright ill message you on instagram what is your name on there
Old 01-06-18, 08:56 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by grupple
alright ill message you on instagram what is your name on there
the instagram icons are on the left under the username on this forum if the member added it, but also here it is: 2jzgte.aristo
Old 01-15-18, 06:15 AM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey guys, I've done an aristo swap on my 98 gs300, I've got the ecu without immobilizer, but my dash isn't working. No lights, no RPM but engine runs?... any ideas on how to fix this?. I've been told to get a stock gs300 ecu and use my halteck to run the engine ??..
Old 01-15-18, 03:59 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aussiegs3
Hey guys, I've done an aristo swap on my 98 gs300, I've got the ecu without immobilizer, but my dash isn't working. No lights, no RPM but engine runs?... any ideas on how to fix this?. I've been told to get a stock gs300 ecu and use my halteck to run the engine ??..
hey ive been kind of busy so i havent really had a chance to serch this for you. But if i remember right there is a wire you need to run from the jdm ignitor to the ecu i believe its a black and yellow wire but cant remember on which plug. When i get a chance ill check some more im glad youre to that point on your car mine still isnt running i havent had much time to work on it. ( and i bought a focus RS) so ive been trying to enjoy that too
alright did some checking found this on a club lexus thread You need to use the jdm ignitor with the swap. The only thing to do here is to make the tach work. 1 wire must be added in. On the jdm ignitor the 3rd plug from the left is empty. You can take the old wire(green) thats in the same spot on your old ignitor out and place it in the slot thats open on the jdm ignitor (3rd from left). Connect that wire to the black/yellow wire that is on a white plug closest to the front of the car in the ecu box. The black/yellow wire should be the second to the left on the top row.
hopefully this helps let me know how it goes because i havent done this yet

Last edited by grupple; 01-15-18 at 04:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Repinning ecu aristo swapped gs300 help