LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2008 Lexus LS460L drivers door lock

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-17, 02:00 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Lexus LS460L drivers door lock

Just happened, the drivers door levers both inside and out won't open the door. Removed the exterior cover over the key slot and inserted the mechanical key and it won't turn, HELP!
Thank you in advance1
Old 12-28-17, 03:50 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

There is a Lock/Unlock sort of switch device, it's really a mechanical device, on the inside of the door. Check to see if this is in a neutral position - an in between position - instead of fully in the lock or unlock position.
Old 12-29-17, 08:41 AM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure lock button is fully open and try inside handle to get door open at least. I’ve replaced actuator before and it is a relatively simple system.
Old 12-29-17, 12:53 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

So, jmcraney & Falbz, thanks for responding, here's what's happening. Got in this afternoon (passenger side) lol! Started it and warmed it up. The switch you spoke of jmcraney on the door works fine as I toggled it back and forth several times and I could feel the action in the lever as I held it in both open & released pos and also the out side lever as well. I could feel action from the inside lever on the outside door pull so I don't think there are any cables or rods disconnected within the door itself. Tried the mechanical key from the fobe once more and again and it goes in nicely but won't turn in any direction and with a little force as well. So all told, Lexux 1 and me 0 lol! I do thank you guys for hitting me back with ideas and things to try. Awesome forum and door still won't open lol! Goin for coffee!!
Old 12-29-17, 05:22 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck was thinking it could be rod or cable disconnected/broken. Keep us posted
The following users liked this post:
elsonido (01-02-18)
Old 12-29-17, 05:42 PM
jmcraney

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Seems like the key is supposed to work - open the door - even when the battery is dead, so it must be a purely mechanical thing. You might try doing some push-pull action on the door while trying to turn the key. It might help to get someone to do the push-pull while another attempts the key operation. Also look to see if you have closed the door on some sort of object, like the seat belt.

Last edited by jmcraney; 12-29-17 at 05:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
elsonido (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 10:00 AM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted, to cold to play lately though lol! A Happy New Year to you all and your families!! I posted a question in the wrong spot I guess, about a USB port install and a guy named Greg sort of got pissed off saying I hijacked some ones thread. I'm just learning how to navigate the site and not stealing threads from anybody, but that being said, do any of you know of an Mp3 USB port install on the factory system?
Old 01-02-18, 10:30 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by elsonido
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted, to cold to play lately though lol! A Happy New Year to you all and your families!! I posted a question in the wrong spot I guess, about a USB port install and a guy named Greg sort of got pissed off saying I hijacked some ones thread. I'm just learning how to navigate the site and not stealing threads from anybody, but that being said, do any of you know of an Mp3 USB port install on the factory system?
Here is my reply to your post in someone's thread about their DVD issue.
"Please make your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's thread. Plus you will get more responses."

I'm in no way pissed off. This site is not in any way different than anywhere else. More people will see your post if you create your own thread with the issue in the thread title. It's just common courtesy not to add a completely different question into someone elses thread. Sorry you seem to think I was targeting you or pissed off. Just informing you, and trying to help you so your question could get answered. That's all.
Old 01-03-18, 12:19 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So can you feel the cable or no? I haven't been inside the door of an LS, but am plenty familiar with this on other models. The cable has a cylindrical type metal piece at the end where it has a plastic clip that goes over it, then twists it into place. If this plastic thing breaks, then there's nothing happening when the cable is pulled as there's no resistance for it to open the door. There is one cable for the inside door handle and one for the outside door handle. For both of these to break at once certainly doesn't seem likely. Can you take a picture of what all you have access to?
Old 01-05-18, 12:26 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Default Hyjacked

greg3852, read your message and all is good. That being said, can you direct me to that USB thread, thanks.
Old 01-05-18, 12:33 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

Hi Dx3,not really anything to see. The door won't open from in or out levers and a pic would only show the interior of the car that you're already familiar with. Like I said earlier, the key cylinder is like you when you put a key in a door lock, home, pad lock or car (in this case) and the key fits fine but won't turn. What I haven't tried is to disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes and re-connect and see if it resets some sort of settings within the system.
Old 01-05-18, 01:15 PM
jmcraney

I'm wondering if it is frozen - you know, ice. Maybe it will open when Spring comes.
Old 01-05-18, 02:23 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Hahahahahehe!! The northeast is dangerously cold. Keep up posted on your door lock and hopefully you will get it solved.
Old 01-05-18, 03:02 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

jmcraney, I needed that, lol! Thanks, you guys r da bess lol!
Old 01-05-18, 03:49 PM
elsonido
Driver School Candidate

dlbuckls10, I will do so, have a great weekend!

Quick Reply: 2008 Lexus LS460L drivers door lock