LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time

Old 12-06-17, 12:27 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time

Super super happy to have found this very rare set of wheels.

These are my all time favorite, and are nearly impossible to find anymore, I lucked out big time in finding this set, actually it happened by accident.

Auto Couture Magnafique - 22 inch - deep Dish (exact specs and offsets not known yet)

They just barely clear the brakes which is how I like it (more room for dish) and have a very aggressive fitment , which is going to be fun to try to figure out in the spring.

These are going to make me fall in love with my car all over again
Attached Thumbnails Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_151511.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_151457.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_151448.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_024103.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_024114.jpg  

Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_024038.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20171206_024035.jpg  
Old 12-06-17, 12:39 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

This was , and still is my all time favorite 460

I used to dream of having my own one day and run mine in a similar theme
Attached Thumbnails Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-1lex.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-2lex.jpg  
Old 12-06-17, 12:51 PM
Mekoz
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice find, if you dont mind me askin where did you get them? Im currently looking for a set. Waiting on details on how these partial sponsorship works from a wheel company. Otherwise im thinkin of pickin up a used set from the classified forums.
Old 12-06-17, 01:46 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Always loved those wheels too - nice find
The following users liked this post:
1WILLY1 (12-06-17)
Old 12-06-17, 01:53 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Very nice, but I thought you were selling the car.
Old 12-06-17, 01:54 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mekoz
Nice find, if you dont mind me askin where did you get them? Im currently looking for a set. Waiting on details on how these partial sponsorship works from a wheel company. Otherwise im thinkin of pickin up a used set from the classified forums.
I actually found them on ebay , and its weird cause I wasn't even looking for them because I gave up trying a long time ago as theres never any on the market.

I made a mistake in typing something, ended up on a different page , and they popped right up.

I'm from Canada so purchasing large items from the states is problematic and costly, I'm very glad it all worked out

The guy had them shipped to my door in like 3 days , which was unreal.

I don't know anyting about sponsorships to be honest, I always buy my wheels used.
Old 12-06-17, 01:55 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Very nice, but I thought you were selling the car.
cars been for sale for a while, I really miss having a sports car so I would be tempted to sell this and get into a cheaper SWB to free up some more cash for a viper or another vette.

But I'm fine keeping it for another year or two, especially since I got these wheels now.
Old 12-06-17, 02:47 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

The best wheels are the 5 spoke 19s

Those wheels remind me of the days in early 2000's when 20 inch wheel with spinners were the craze and Lowenhart wheels. Man I miss my being in my 20s
Old 12-07-17, 07:22 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

1Willy1 - At first glance of the wheels, and even with them mounted tirelessly on the vehicle, I didn't think they looked so good. BUT! Once fully mounted on the vehicle, they actually look quite good. Good job! Makes another Smoky Granite Mica owner start to think... (Dang it! Trying NOT to spend more money, that's what the wife is for.)
Old 12-07-17, 03:38 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm going to preface my response with the fact that this is not a personal attack, and I have no intention of calling someone's bluff; I just want you as a buyer to be aware of what you actually purchased. If in fact you're happy with your current purchase, take my words with a grain of salt, I'm just sharing what I know.

Again, those are nice looking wheels, but I'm leery at your initial post that you purchased these under the impression they're authentic AutoCouture wheels. If memory serves me correctly, the Magnifique wheel was discontinued long before the LS460 was ever released, but I do know that the largest size ever produced was 20". Jumping into an even closer look at your pictures, your center caps look to say Moven, a known replica wheel production house that went out of business about 10 years ago, your wheels are missing the small holes around the lug nut location, and the etching on the face doesn't look consistent with that of authentic AutoCouture wheel.

Like I said before, if you knew what you were buying, don't mind me. Your initial post just led me to believe otherwise. However, if you were sold replicas under the impression these were authentic wheels, I'd contact the seller right away for a refund because those are definitely not real AutoCouture wheels.

Last edited by brianlin87; 12-07-17 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-07-17, 05:05 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
1Willy1 - At first glance of the wheels, and even with them mounted tirelessly on the vehicle, I didn't think they looked so good. BUT! Once fully mounted on the vehicle, they actually look quite good. Good job! Makes another Smoky Granite Mica owner start to think... (Dang it! Trying NOT to spend more money, that's what the wife is for.)
Thanks man, they are a love it or hate it type wheel

I ran these same wheels , in 20 inch sizes on my first lexus , an sc400, and a girl I knew back then HATED them, called them sheriff badges lol

I prefer a sort of fuller faced wheel on large sedans, and since I used to run these along time ago I'm really happy to get another set .

Originally Posted by brianlin87
I'm going to preface my response with the fact that this is not a personal attack, and I have no intention of calling someone's bluff; I just want you as a buyer to be aware of what you actually purchased. If in fact you're happy with your current purchase, take my words with a grain of salt, I'm just sharing what I know.

Again, those are nice looking wheels, but I'm leery at your initial post that you purchased these under the impression they're authentic AutoCouture wheels. If memory serves me correctly, the Magnifique wheel was discontinued long before the LS460 was ever released, but I do know that the largest size ever produced was 20". Jumping into an even closer look at your pictures, your center caps look to say Moven, a known replica wheel production house that went out of business about 10 years ago, your wheels are missing the small holes around the lug nut location, and the etching on the face doesn't look consistent with that of authentic AutoCouture wheel.

Like I said before, if you knew what you were buying, don't mind me. Your initial post just led me to believe otherwise. However, if you were sold replicas under the impression these were authentic wheels, I'd contact the seller right away for a refund because those are definitely not real AutoCouture wheels.
Well thanks for all that , and thanks for trying to call my "bluff" , but I think you should of done a little more research before you make a bold statement like that.

First off, you are wrong about the holes around the lug nuts, these are the "magnafique EX" which didn't come with the holes, only the non EX models came with them, you can find many examples online. (photos included)

Secondly, auto couture not only made these in 22's, they made them all the way up to 26's (link attached) , so you are wrong there. http://adaptivestrategies.com/Auto_Couture_2008.html

As for the hub caps, these are obviously not the originals , but were added after . Moven never made 3 piece wheels like these , they made standard one piece crap, with fake rivet holes. If you were a wheel guy you should be able to tell the difference between a fake 1 piece wheel and a true 3 piece very easily.

They even have the individually stamped bolts with the auto couture symbol on each one, which no copy cat company would ever take the time to do.

This is my second set of auto couture magnafiques, I had another set in 20's which I rebuilt and ran on my sc400 years ago, so I know my way around these wheels pretty good, and I will stand by these as 100% authentic and id even be willing to put a friendly wager on it if your so sure that they are replicas ?

Lastly I never said these wheels were made for the lexus ls460, they are off a bmw 760 Li, probably another reason why they have "Moven" caps, and why they are such an aggressive fitment.
Attached Thumbnails Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-1autocouture.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-3-auto-couture-.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-2autocouture.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 12-07-17 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-07-17, 05:13 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

these are my old set, they were the very first 3 piece wheel I ever owned

More importantly they were the first set I ever rebuilt, I re-lipped them to some pretty massive specs, and attempted a wide body on my sc400, which caused a lot of interesting responses at the time lol

Rebuilding your first set is not easy, at least for me it wasn't, but after that its a real breeze.

Ive done dozens of them since , and will probably do these ones as well over the winter
Attached Thumbnails Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-1auto.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-2-auto.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-3auto.jpg  
Old 12-07-17, 11:40 PM
Ls460kidd
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice set of rims..ice always loved these rims i seen a set for 3300 with tires but my timing wasnt right..wish i would of jumped on them...so are you going to run coilovers , springs or stay stock hieght..and whats the rims specs..i see they have some poke
Old 12-08-17, 12:09 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ls460kidd
Nice set of rims..ice always loved these rims i seen a set for 3300 with tires but my timing wasnt right..wish i would of jumped on them...so are you going to run coilovers , springs or stay stock hieght..and whats the rims specs..i see they have some poke
Thanks man

The car now is on stock oem air, but ill be converting to kyb struts and tannabe lowering springs, which I already have here sitting beside me

Just waiting to get some time off work so I can drop the car off at the shop

Just test fitted the fronts and they also have a bit of poke, little less then the rears which is good
Attached Thumbnails Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180122_221519.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180122_221532.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180122_221601.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180122_221611.jpg  

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 05-19-20 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-24-18, 01:35 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Decided to to give these wheels the royal treatment before springtime arrives.

I'm keeping the same lips and barrels , but going to strip the faces and give them a full polish.

They look pretty good on first glance but have tons of defects and they really need a proper refinishing.

Going to post progress as it goes

First step is getting them apart.
Attached Thumbnails Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180123_211745.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180123_212436.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180123_212442.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180123_212453.jpg   Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time-20180123_221145.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hit the Jackpot - My favorite wheels of all time