Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Loyalty $ Offer

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-17, 09:44 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Lexus Loyalty $ Offer

According to Edmunds, many Lexus models are eligible for Loyalty $ Offer (ranging from $1500-$2500) "Lexus customers who currently owns a vehicle affected by Takata recall may qualify for additional incentives. Customer must purchase or lease eligible new Lexus models to qualify."
https://www.edmunds.com/lexus/lx-570/2017/deals/

Is this legitimate? Does anyone receive this?
Old 11-20-17, 11:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

It is correct. I saw that when I was looking at numbers to potentially upgrade to a 2017 LS.
Old 11-20-17, 02:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
It is correct. I saw that when I was looking at numbers to potentially upgrade to a 2017 LS.
I agree that the LS is probably the most reliable in its class. But, since you only keep a car 2-4 years on a lease, and are unconcerned about long-term reliability, you might also want to check out the Mercedes S-class sedan....though a 4Matic version would probably list for 100K or more and run a healthy lease payment. I haven't actually reviewed the latest version, but almost everything I've read about it (including Consumer Reports) suggests that it out-does the LS in just about everything but reliability and (maybe) paint-job slickness.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-20-17 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-20-17, 03:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree that the LS is probably the most reliable in its class. But, since you only keep a car 2-4 years on a lease, and are unconcerned about long-term reliability, you might also want to check out the Mercedes S-class sedan....though a 4Matic version would probably list for 100K or more and run a healthy lease payment. I haven't actually reviewed the latest version, but almost everything I've read about it (including Consumer Reports) suggests that it out-does the LS in just about everything but reliability and (maybe) paint-job slickness.
Believe me, I would love to have an S Class. They are however $20-30,000 more expensive than an LS, and the lease payments are $400 or so more per month. In perspective, the lease payment on an S550 4 Matic would be what the payments are on my LS460 and the Pacifica combined.

Its a better car, but significantly costlier.
Old 11-20-17, 04:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Believe me, I would love to have an S Class. They are however $20-30,000 more expensive than an LS, and the lease payments are $400 or so more per month. In perspective, the lease payment on an S550 4 Matic would be what the payments are on my LS460 and the Pacifica combined.

Its a better car, but significantly costlier.

Oh, yeah, I knew it would be a bigger bite every month on the lease payment, in addition to what you (or your wife) are already paying on the Pacifica.....but I figured only you could decide if the added $$$$$ were worth it. Fortunately, Congress isn't showing any signs of taking away the tax-deduction (for business-use) on lease payments.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-20-17 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-20-17, 04:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Not at this point in my life. Some day, when I don't have preschool to pay for and a bigger house to buy, yada yada....

Hell, it wouldn't even fit in my garage lol
Old 11-20-17, 04:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Not at this point in my life. Some day, when I don't have preschool to pay for and a bigger house to buy, yada yada....

Hell, it wouldn't even fit in my garage lol

Good point on the garage. That was one of the factors that kept me out of a new Continental...a little wide for our condo-spaces.
Old 11-20-17, 09:50 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

MM, please be careful when recommending non-reliable cars to people. Just because it's only kept during a lease and warranty, does not mean it won't be a huge pain in the rear or danger for the owner. Unreliable cars can leave people stranded in the middle of a busy highway or intersection, require numerous trips to dealerships, take time away from work, time away from family, time away from preciously rare vacations, and time away from everything to deal with the hassles. There's a reason why new, unreliable cars get low(er) satisfaction ratings- people don't like having to deal with breakage, even if it's covered.
Old 11-21-17, 04:44 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

wait for the 2018 LS to come out for the previous gen 17s to be liquidated
Old 11-21-17, 05:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
MM, please be careful when recommending non-reliable cars to people. Just because it's only kept during a lease and warranty, does not mean it won't be a huge pain in the rear or danger for the owner. Unreliable cars can leave people stranded in the middle of a busy highway or intersection, require numerous trips to dealerships, take time away from work, time away from family, time away from preciously rare vacations, and time away from everything to deal with the hassles. There's a reason why new, unreliable cars get low(er) satisfaction ratings- people don't like having to deal with breakage, even if it's covered.
All true.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
wait for the 2018 LS to come out for the previous gen 17s to be liquidated
Problem is I lease. I was able to get nearly 20% off, problem is the lease rates are poor. They’ll be even worse when he new one comes out. If I were buying then totally, I agree.
Old 11-21-17, 06:05 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I love the current S class, I look at them on cars.com and filter to 2015 CPO. My buddy says in his opinion as long as your boss is ok with you not making it in to work, and working from the dealer, you're good to go. I do remember in Jan. 2014 our founder got a brand new one, everyone was gathered around and I said sweet, I love that car. They were saying the thing has like 35 miles on it and it's dead, going back to the dealer.

After church I spotted one driven by a restaurant owner, and he was unloading some supplies. A worker pressed a button to close the trunk, and it was the jerkiest thing I have ever seen, and slammed. The owner came back and seemed to be carefully checking the condition of his trunklid and assessing if it were shut? He opened it, and repeated the shutting process, it looked really bad! haha but I love the car myself...never actually driven one. I just think it's 449 HP (from memory?) and over 500 ft. lbs. of twin turbo goodness.
Old 11-21-17, 06:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7

Oh, I agree, at least to an extent. I probably wouldn't lease an unreliable car myself. Steve seems to have a soft spot, though, for the S-class, and some of his prior statements indicate that potential reliability is not necessarily at the top of the barrel on a lease-concern. Certainly his brand-new Pacifica, for example, though admittedly a nice product, is not likely to be the most reliable minivan in its class....which is typical of Chrysler products. I wouldn't mind driving an S-class myself, except that the controls/displays are probably too complex for my tastes, and I simply choose not to spend that much on a car.
Old 11-21-17, 09:43 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Wow. This thread derailed so quick.

Bottom line: NO ONE has ever actually used this offer yet. SW15LS saw the ad but didn't use it.
Old 11-21-17, 09:50 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Wow. This thread derailed so quick.

Bottom line: NO ONE has ever actually used this offer yet. SW15LS saw the ad but didn't use it.
I didn’t use it because I didn’t qualify, but it was presented to me and I was asked if it did qualify. I more than just “saw the ad”
Old 11-21-17, 10:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I didn’t use it because I didn’t qualify, but it was presented to me and I was asked if it did qualify. I more than just “saw the ad”

Your LS isn't quite to the end of its lease-term yet, right?

Quick Reply: Lexus Loyalty $ Offer