Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport filter in IS200T?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-17, 01:04 AM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default F Sport filter in IS200T?

I've read some threads that say this is possible but also some issue with closing the airbox? So will it fit with no issues?
Old 11-19-17, 05:20 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I removed the meshing on the upper air box and I am running an F Sport filter with no issues.
Old 11-19-17, 06:08 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Thanks, Sheddy! Where is the cheapest place to find that filter?
Old 11-19-17, 09:59 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I removed the meshing on the upper air box and I am running an F Sport filter with no issues.
Is there any noticeable difference? Sound wise at least?
Old 11-20-17, 05:59 AM
Tamy913
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GSiGuy

Check ebay. Your local Lexus dealer might also be cheaper if they can match online prices so you save on shipping costs.

K&N and AEM make the same panel filter. AEM will be the cheapest and most similar being that it's also a dry flow filter. k&N is the oiled type.
Old 11-20-17, 06:25 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I got mine from
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...r-ptr0353141aa

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Is there any noticeable difference? Sound wise at least?
You can hear the turbo a bit more, but not as loud as an open cone filter.
Old 11-20-17, 12:55 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

I got mine from
https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...r-ptr0353141aa

You can hear the turbo a bit more, but not as loud as an open cone filter.
Thanks! Tamy913 said theirs no difference in sound... I guess when the time comes to change that air filter, I'll give the F Sport one a try.
Old 11-20-17, 01:25 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Thanks! Tamy913 said theirs no difference in sound... I guess when the time comes to change that air filter, I'll give the F Sport one a try.
I don't know if Tamy913 removed the meshing plus my car is running more boost, so i hear it more. The F Sport filter is worthwhile since its reusable and doesn't use oil like K&N.
Old 11-20-17, 02:08 PM
Tamy913
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know if Tamy913 removed the meshing plus my car is running more boost, so i hear it more. The F Sport filter is worthwhile since its reusable and doesn't use oil like K&N.
Hi Sheddy. No I did not remove the mesh. Maybe I should
Yes prob due to your vehicle running more boost. Sent you a PM.

@GeorgeR if you want more sound, upgrade to a CAI. Injen and AEM make for our vehicles. @daniellina also placed a blow off plate in his.
Old 11-20-17, 04:05 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Was that my thread? I believe I was the first to do it. Anyway, no there's no issue closing the lid. It fits exactly as it would on an IS350. I got mine on eBay for $17 in 10/10 condition.

To further replicate the F-Sport setup without buying the expensive bottom piece, you can cut a rectangle out facing the front of the car. It doesn't sound nice IMO on this 4 cylinder, ends up sounding like a vacuum cleaner-- kind of ricey. Though some may like the deep growl. I covered mine back up.

The "mesh" people are referring to is a charcoal filter. It's designed to absorb unspent fuel vapors going back out the intake tract. BMW and the Germans have been doing this for over a decade. It's an extra hindrance that slows air flow. Most performance minded people remove it. Do manufacturers design the overall system with this in mind? Probably. but it doesn't hurt to remove restriction.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-sort-of.html

The following 2 users liked this post by E46CT:
GSiGuy (11-21-17), Tamy913 (11-21-17)
Old 11-20-17, 09:59 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
Was that my thread? I believe I was the first to do it. Anyway, no there's no issue closing the lid. It fits exactly as it would on an IS350. I got mine on eBay for $17 in 10/10 condition.

To further replicate the F-Sport setup without buying the expensive bottom piece, you can cut a rectangle out facing the front of the car. It doesn't sound nice IMO on this 4 cylinder, ends up sounding like a vacuum cleaner-- kind of ricey. Though some may like the deep growl. I covered mine back up.

The "mesh" people are referring to is a charcoal filter. It's designed to absorb unspent fuel vapors going back out the intake tract. BMW and the Germans have been doing this for over a decade. It's an extra hindrance that slows air flow. Most performance minded people remove it. Do manufacturers design the overall system with this in mind? Probably. but it doesn't hurt to remove restriction.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l-sort-of.html
Yes, i do believe it was your thread, friend!

On the removal of the mesh, as I am on warranty, I am wondering if that will be an issue that might void it...

Last edited by GSiGuy; 11-20-17 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-21-17, 06:18 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

On the removal of the mesh, as I am on warranty, I am wondering if that will be an issue that might void it...
I was never questioned on mine, but i would think once they see the F Sport filter they don't need to perform any work on the intake system.
The following users liked this post:
GSiGuy (11-21-17)
Old 01-04-18, 07:43 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,564 Posts

It might void the warranty on that particular part (air box) should for whatever reason you need to make a warranty claim on an airbox ever arise (never) lol. It should last 500 years.
The following users liked this post:
GSiGuy (01-06-18)
Old 03-21-18, 03:36 PM
JoelsLexIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the K&N 33-2452 drop-in air filter into my 2016 Lexus IS 200t F Sport about 2 weeks ago. I haven't really noticed any real change in the sound of my engine (or turbo) but it does seem like my car has a bit more power now. Particularly once I get up to about 45+ MPH... thats when I can really start feeling the difference (I guess because thats when a more significant amount of fresh air starts getting pushed under the hood of my car and into the filter).Its not a crazy boost in power but definitely noticeable. It also looks like I might be getting about 1 more MPG than I used to get. I realize this is still only an air filter so I wasn't expecting an astronomical change. So I do feel like I got what I was expecting...a slight bump in performance and fuel efficiency from a quality air filter that was very easy to install. I am very happy with this product. (Note: this air filter did come pre-oiled.)
Old 11-05-18, 07:46 PM
Yosvaldy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What means remove the meshing plus in the box?

Hey guys, what does means?
i replaced the air filter stock by the F sport blue one. But do I need to do any thing else, remove other thing?

Quick Reply: F Sport filter in IS200T?