LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 Lexus LS 460L Are there any plug and play stereo upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 06:39 PM
mherron111
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus LS 460L Are there any plug and play stereo upgrades

Are their any plug and play stereo replacements with blue tooth, navigation, CD player that i can use without having to rewire the vehicle?
Old 10-16-17, 07:09 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

FlyAudio makes one for the IS but I haven't seen one for the LS. What are you looking to improve on?
Old 10-17-17, 04:51 AM
mherron111
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to upgrade the stereo with some new and up to date with blue tooth, iPhone connection, internet connection, satellite radio and navigation
Old 10-17-17, 09:05 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Well, you already have CD, satellite radio, navigation and bluetooth phone. Have you considered an A2DP bluetooth adapter for music - about $15 on Amazon?
Old 10-17-17, 09:45 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

I wanted streaming audio from my phone, so I picked up a blue-tooth adapter to headset. Plugged it into the Aux imput in the center console and pluged the power into the lighter jack and now I can stream audio from my phone with out needing a factory setting...

The part cost me $3 with $3 shipping from Japan... (Wish.com)

I use XM radio every day and it has everything besides a internet connection on the ML system... Blue-tooth version is older but, it works fine for what it needs to do.
Old 10-17-17, 01:52 PM
GFXdznr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
I wanted streaming audio from my phone, so I picked up a blue-tooth adapter to headset. Plugged it into the Aux imput in the center console and pluged the power into the lighter jack and now I can stream audio from my phone with out needing a factory setting...
I did the same thing (given a more expensive receiver/adapter with a ground loop noise isolator). It auto-connects, works out great, and my phone is hands free for everything. I use Spotify to stream my music and can have voice directions with any map apps. I really wanted CarPlay in the dash as an option (or even a 3rd party unit) but pretty sure that is never going to happen, so this is as close as I could get.

Now the only thing I need to find is the perfect phone mount/holder, which seems to be elusive for this model LS.
Old 10-17-17, 08:55 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I need to find is the perfect phone mount/holder, which seems to be elusive for this model LS.
There are two available. One from Kuda: http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-l...7-12-k336.html

And https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount

I have the Proclip and I'm very happy with it.
Old 10-17-17, 09:44 PM
GFXdznr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roadfrog
There are two available. One from Kuda: http://www.kudausa.com/kuda-custom-l...7-12-k336.html

And https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount

I have the Proclip and I'm very happy with it.
Thanks! I had a ProClip in my previous vehicle and it was really nice. Not sure I like the placements of this one for my model year LS. Never heard of the Kuda before but it looks rather interesting. I like that it does not cover any vents and sits up angled toward the driver, albeit a little far away.

Doesn't look like there are many other options, although maybe one of the CD slot style holders as I don't use that for anything.
Old 10-19-17, 07:14 AM
1NSIGHT
Rookie

Why not just use the AUX cord? Anything else is going to be considerably less sound quality. Bluetooth, and radio adapters sound terrible.
It kinda ruins the fact that the vehicle has the ML sound system.
Old 10-19-17, 11:30 AM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

The vline isn't plug and play - but will give you carplay, bluetooth audio, google maps/waze/youtube - https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...nt_system.html

It's got some quirks, but when it's working, its absolutely amazing.
Old 10-19-17, 12:29 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Well, you already have CD, satellite radio, navigation and bluetooth phone.
Integrated bluetooth came with the 2010 refresh.
Old 10-19-17, 12:41 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by 213374U
Integrated bluetooth came with the 2010 refresh.
Not fully correct. Integrated blu-tooth is available on the 2007 (and prior models 2005-2006 ?) . It only supports the phone profile, not the blue-tooth streaming audio profile. The Bluetooth audio PROFILE came on the 2010+ LS models.

The 2007-2009 gives just a aux jack for headphone sources. One could take a old iPOD or Zune device, load it with music, set on random, and connect to the jack....

I signed up for XM. I got a ton of choices now, even the CD player I don't use that much any more.
Old 10-19-17, 12:44 PM
GFXdznr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1NSIGHT
Why not just use the AUX cord? Anything else is going to be considerably less sound quality. Bluetooth, and radio adapters sound terrible.
It kinda ruins the fact that the vehicle has the ML sound system.
I dislike any wires if I don't need them with a mobile device or having them exposed all over the console. The inline ground loop isolator on the setup Ihave actually works really well and stays hidden in the arm console storage tray/bin. I have never gotten any feedback or crossed signal noise through my speakers. I know connecting direct to the AUX port would off there best sound quality, but there is nothing discernible that I can detect so far.

I would be completely open to a wire if it made the in-dash screen my phone interface (or CarPlay) where I could interact with it directly that way.
Old 10-19-17, 12:52 PM
GFXdznr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rehr0001
The vline isn't plug and play - but will give you carplay, bluetooth audio, google maps/waze/youtube - https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...nt_system.html

It's got some quirks, but when it's working, its absolutely amazing.
A bit pricey, but interesting. Do you have this in your vehicle? If so, did you install it yourself and was it a fairly easy?
Old 10-19-17, 12:57 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by GFXdznr
I dislike any wires if I don't need them with a mobile device or having them exposed all over the console. The inline ground loop isolator on the setup Ihave actually works really well and stays hidden in the arm console storage tray/bin. I have never gotten any feedback or crossed signal noise through my speakers. I know connecting direct to the AUX port would off there best sound quality, but there is nothing discernible that I can detect so far.

I would be completely open to a wire if it made the in-dash screen my phone interface (or CarPlay) where I could interact with it directly that way.
You could use something like this...just controlling audio on your phone... It does get rid of the wires..

Amazon Amazon

I found a knock off on a webite for like $3, it works fine, sounds fairly good over all.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lexus LS 460L Are there any plug and play stereo upgrades