RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

How to change the "Lane change flasher volume" by the owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-17, 12:27 PM
PDengler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool How to change the "Lane change flasher volume" by the owner

How to change the "Lane change flasher volume" by the owner. I found the specific button sequence/steps by owner to change # of blinks for lane change turn signal on this forum, but looking to change flasher volume without having to pay the dealer to make this simple change.
Old 10-15-17, 09:01 AM
dychang174
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not sure what your question is but it sounds like its in the sticky thread.......i haven't changed it, but it seems pretty simple to do by yourself it tells you step by step instructions

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...o-blinker.html
Old 10-15-17, 01:05 PM
PDengler
Driver School Candidate

Default Change Flasher Volume, not # of Lane Change Flashes

Per my post, I already know how to change the number of flashes on lane change. Looking to change flasher Volume (medium to high sound) by user. It is changeable per the manual by the dealer. I want to do it myself.
Old 10-15-17, 03:45 PM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

My local Lexus dealership does LPS settings for free as a client courtesy. I understand most dealerships charge for this service after the 6-month (or 12 month) Lexus grace period.
I use a Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor and the app Carista to make these changes on my own car. I changed the blinker volume to High.
You can change any LPS setting that a Lexus tech can change with a Techstream computer. Pretty impressive.

Old 10-16-17, 05:55 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

CARISTA is really useful and not only for flasher. Have a try.
Old 10-16-17, 06:58 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Where did the term "lane change flasher" come from? Even Carista calls it the turn signal.
Old 10-19-17, 06:14 PM
PDengler
Driver School Candidate

Default Lane Change Flasher Vilume

Thank you for the input using the cable and app option. Is there a button/key sequence that you know of to change flasher Volume like other settings Inoted earlier? I have found them for other dealer only changeable settings like # if flashes on lane change. I only have this one last dealer only item I want to change and spending money for a one tiime change is hard to justify.

FYI - The lane change flasher Volume comes straight out of the 2014 RC Ower's manual as one of the dealer only changeable settings list.
Old 10-19-17, 06:35 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by PDengler
Is there a button/key sequence that you know of to change flasher Volume like other settings Inoted earlier?
There isn’t one.
Old 09-06-21, 11:14 AM
Etski
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Can I do this on a 2003 sc430

I have techstream and I can’t find any options to change volume or number of lane change flashes on a 2003 sc430. Is there any way to do this in software? Has anybody done this with hardware? Changing relay or directional indicator or anything? I hate that I always leave my turn signal on after doing lane Changes and with the top down I can’t hear that it’s still on. Even with the top up I can’t hear it!

Originally Posted by gkcmilner
My local Lexus dealership does LPS settings for free as a client courtesy. I understand most dealerships charge for this service after the 6-month (or 12 month) Lexus grace period.
I use a Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor and the app Carista to make these changes on my own car. I changed the blinker volume to High.
You can change any LPS setting that a Lexus tech can change with a Techstream computer. Pretty impressive.

Old 09-08-21, 04:00 PM
CharlieRC
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dychang174
not sure what your question is but it sounds like its in the sticky thread.......i haven't changed it, but it seems pretty simple to do by yourself it tells you step by step instructions

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...o-blinker.html
I did the flash number change on mine with these instructions. Changed mine from 3 to 5.
Don't know how to kick up the volume though.
Old 09-08-21, 04:35 PM
Etski
Rookie

Default Can’t hear the blinker

None of this seems to work on my old 2003 sc430

Originally Posted by CharlieRC
I did the flash number change on mine with these instructions. Changed mine from 3 to 5.
Don't know how to kick up the volume though.
Old 09-08-21, 08:09 PM
s3v3n
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 201 Posts

Aside from Carista app, you can also use TechStream. This is a must-have tool for every DIYer.

Old 09-09-21, 08:30 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

ETSKI: I had an older SC430 (first year, which I think was 02 or 03), and it had only a few changes that could be made to customize features. There is a page online that has the list of things like door locking that can be changed, but I no longer have a copy of that, as I gave my file folder to the person who bought my car, and I deleted all the SC430 related files from my computer. I'm pretty sure it was posted on the forum, and perhaps you can find it.
Old 09-09-21, 10:04 AM
Etski
Rookie

Default Standard customizable options

I have seen that list and it is extremely limited and doesn’t include anything related to the turn signals. I did buy techstream and used it to register after market tpms sensors and that was great, but I have not explored it more than checking for codes and am hesitant to explore much on the theory, if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. Techstream looks very powerful, but I’m nervous I could break more that I fix unless I have firm guidance that what I desire to fix is actually a customizable option. Not clear that it is for my older model!

Originally Posted by tfischer
ETSKI: I had an older SC430 (first year, which I think was 02 or 03), and it had only a few changes that could be made to customize features. There is a page online that has the list of things like door locking that can be changed, but I no longer have a copy of that, as I gave my file folder to the person who bought my car, and I deleted all the SC430 related files from my computer. I'm pretty sure it was posted on the forum, and perhaps you can find it.