IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

OEM Audio - Product Announcement?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-17, 06:15 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OEM Audio - Product Announcement?

After almost two years it looks like OEM Audio has an announcement coming on a drop-in audio upgrade for our vehicles. I just received this email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Store Contact Page

I hope this message finds you well. Our team is in the last stretch of launching the O+ sound solution for the Lexus IS. Thank you for your patience as we ensure everything is perfect!

We should be doing an "interest post" in the next 48 hours on our social channels (below my signature). Are you active on any forums related to the IS? If so, do you mind if we ask where you get your vehicle specific news, etc… (forums, Instagram, Facebook)?

Thanks for your continued consideration.
Daniel La Blanc
OEM Audio Plus
855-636-6346 x4 oemaudioplus.com

Facebook (short URL): https://goo.gl/S9p1n9

Last edited by LeapFrog; 09-26-17 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Add FB link
The following 2 users liked this post by LeapFrog:
LexSense (09-26-17), shirosan (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 04:58 PM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking OEM Audio Plus -- Lexus IS Series Arriving Soon!

That's awesome to see another forum member posting on Dan and his team's upcoming Lexus IS OEM Audio Plus line. I can't believe it's been that long (~2 years) since OEM Audio Plus was talking about possibly creating a system sound-staged for the IS platform. I currently own their Reference 450Q for the Scion FRS (Toyota FT86, Subi BRZ) and it's pretty amazing (clean, crisp and loud). I can't wait to install this system into my 2014 IS350.

After talking to a friend at work and reading these forums throughout the years I realized that some of you may lease your Lexus. Well, if you do, I'm assessing you can now enjoy a superior sounding system without all the hassle of a custom system. Plus, if you keep the original speakers, etc. this system would be ideal for those that trade up every so often. Definitely something I will be investing in!

Originally Posted by LeapFrog
After almost two years it looks like OEM Audio has an announcement coming on a drop-in audio upgrade for our vehicles. I just received this email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Store Contact Page

I hope this message finds you well.....
Old 09-28-17, 10:59 AM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't get it. Why would this be beneficial for those who lease? Wouldn't it be better for those who own the car?
The entire setup would cost at least $1500 that is specifically designed for the IS.
Once the lease is done, you would need to rip the entire car apart to get all the speakers and amp out and put all the old parts back in.
Parts would be more difficult to re-sell as you're limited to to just the IS instead of an after market setup.
This is a good investment for owners who can enjoy the system for many years, not for leasers who have to go through the hassle of returning everything to stock and being stuck with a $1500 system they can't sell.
Old 09-28-17, 02:53 PM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Lease Concept Explination =)

My apologies if my comment/concept was a little confusing. I was trying to refer to those members that lease their 3IS, maybe coming up on a lease renewal, like a DIY project, and want a great sounding system and may not want to wait for their lease to come up (could be a year, could be a couple months).

The OEM Audio Plus system(s) I've owned were easy to install and uninstall (from my personal experience). Without a doubt, owning the car is truly the most beneficial but why deny opportunity for those itching for a top quality sound system and are willing to take that course of action? But if the member is not willing to do the labor, then an audio shop maybe able to do it pretty quick for a flat cost [for install or uninstall], and if you have all the OEM components saved in a box [for uninstall only]. Cost does drive quality and simplicity, hence one reason people have leases (no hassle). But I know people that have leases and do modifications, which my concept might be beneficial or trigger an idea.

You'd run into issues if the 3IS design changes in the future. But Lexus seems to have some good consistency with their amp design, harness connections, speaker sizes, etc; but that is in my opinion and experience.

The following statement is not to be taken literally, just another thought/concept for different Lexus platforms: Some of the other Lexus platforms share the same amp, speaker design/size, etc (subwoofer may be questionable). The upside is that you will still have a great audio system but you may not like the sound staging. OEM Audio Plus puts a lot of passion into the sound staging of their systems. So I can't speak for how the system would sound in another line of Lexus IF that model had the same amp, speaker sizes and speaker locations.

Resale of the system: OEM Audio Plus, again in my opinion, sells itself. If you pulled the system out, didn't sell it at full retail (most people don't by used at full retail unless they really wanted the system), and posted it for sale on the forum, eBay, Amazon, Facebook, etc. chances are pretty high that you'd find a buyer.

In my opinion, nearly everything is possible; it's just the level of effort and willingness to accomplish it. I can say with confidence, OEMs system will be worth it. I did my own (labor, design and all) custom audio install in my '15 GMC Crew Cab truck with Focal speakers, PDR Alpine amp, full Dynamat, added sound deadening spray on door panels, and my own custom plug and play harness (Molex plugs) directly into the factory Bose Amp. That was a lot of work to achieve a high level system, which OEM+ has already done a direct replacement design, harness and all. Either way, I'm pretty stoked =)

I hope my clarification helped a little. I'm greatly looking forward to this system because of my past experience.

Originally Posted by 600rr
I don't get it. Why would this be beneficial for those who lease? Wouldn't it be better for those who own the car?
The entire setup would cost at least $1500 that is specifically designed for the IS.
Once the lease is done, you would need to rip the entire car apart to get all the speakers and amp out and put all the old parts back in.
Parts would be more difficult to re-sell as you're limited to to just the IS instead of an after market setup.
This is a good investment for owners who can enjoy the system for many years, not for leasers who have to go through the hassle of returning everything to stock and being stuck with a $1500 system they can't sell.
The following 2 users liked this post by shirosan:
600rr (09-29-17), LexSense (09-28-17)
Old 09-29-17, 10:42 AM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the info. This is something I may be interested in as everything looks professional and clean, especially the trunk setup. I like the concept of a tuned system specifically designed for a specific car.
However, I used to do custom audio on my cars, and I know exactly what I'm getting from Alpine, JL, etc.
I've never heard of OEM Audio nor I had the chance of experiencing one of their setup. It would be a difficult decision to drop $2k on something I've never heard. Also, what is their return policy and warranty? What if you don't like the system once you've purchased it?
Old 10-09-17, 05:09 PM
jakuum
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like they have a bit more details including price on the page now. Seems to be quite a bit of disassembly needed for the installation based on the pictures. Well, the one picture of the backseat .
Old 10-09-17, 06:40 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

link that Jbreezie provided in another thread

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
I wonder how this will compare to the ML system and/or other aftermarket systems? Popular with Scions I believe.

http://oemaudioplus.com/lexus/
​​​​​​​
Old 10-09-17, 09:10 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Really looking forward to this setup, from the looks out it, it seems DIY installation is possible?
Old 10-10-17, 06:21 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

this is exciting
Old 10-11-17, 10:38 AM
Caughtupin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same boat as @600rr as I have not heard this company's offerings in person. I have however researched the brand quite a bit over the last year and have read a ton of reviews for their Tacoma product (my other vehicle). Most of these reviews were on tacomaworld (I can provide a link if relevant) and they all unanimously applaud the company for their sound and service. So I was excited when I saw they were making a system for the IS

Signed up for their production updates and received an email on Monday. What caught my interest is that they will be hosting a "Demo Day" in Anaheim (about 60 mins for me) later this month. I am unsure if I'll be available that day. However I will update this thread if I get a chance to hear in person.

Originally Posted by 600rr
Thanks for the info. This is something I may be interested in as everything looks professional and clean, especially the trunk setup. I like the concept of a tuned system specifically designed for a specific car.
However, I used to do custom audio on my cars, and I know exactly what I'm getting from Alpine, JL, etc.
I've never heard of OEM Audio nor I had the chance of experiencing one of their setup. It would be a difficult decision to drop $2k on something I've never heard. Also, what is their return policy and warranty? What if you don't like the system once you've purchased it?
The following users liked this post:
zhifan1 (10-11-17)
Old 10-17-17, 12:26 PM
a1rh3adsz
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is this for stock audio or also the ML audio? What benfits would you get out of the product with ML ?
Old 10-17-17, 01:34 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

on their facebook page
Facebook Post

Old 10-17-17, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by a1rh3adsz
Is this for stock audio or also the ML audio? What benfits would you get out of the product with ML ?
Both, according to the website.

Looks like you get cleaner and tighter subbass as well as cleaner mids and highs with the filters (bass blockers) for the front speakers and a dedicated subwoofer amp so the factory amp just covers the mids and highs and won't clip or distort at higher volumes.

It's a nice setup for people who want just a little bit more from the factory system and keep the car looking professional and functional rather than bungee cording a subwoofer box with an amp screwed onto lying in the trunk.

I was thinking of going with an aftermarket setup with a five channel amp, processor new speakers and a subwoofer but it gets complicated. I am really thinking about this now because it's so simple, plug and play and could get me 90% of what I want and you get to keep most of your trunk.
Old 10-17-17, 04:45 PM
Caughtupin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by specONE
Do you know what the post said prior to being removed? The preview I see says "This Facebook post is no longer available" - Thanks!
Old 10-17-17, 04:50 PM
Caughtupin
Driver School Candidate

Wait @specONE... disregard. I spoke too soon. I see it when I click the link. It's a post about the event they're having this weekend in Anaheim (oemaudioplus.com/experience/demoday/)

Quick Reply: OEM Audio - Product Announcement?