LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Easy Fix for bad control arms and joints! It Worked!! Saved thousands!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-17, 06:39 PM
kontrazeus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Easy Fix for bad control arms and joints! It Worked!! Saved thousands!

I saved thousand of dollars! After being diagnosed with the dreaded control arm issue on these cars I had to get creative. All of my upper and lower control arms and joints were shot due to my 2008 having over 210000 miles on it. After getting tired of all the noises i decided to try a cost effective fix. Considering that its just rubber I had to think of a way to replace the rubber in the bushings that had rotten out leaving gaps between the bushings and metal bolts holding the arms on. The solution you wont believe was Flex Shot only cost me $20 and it it fixed all of my issues, will be posting pictures soon, but after driving over 2 days with it has solved all my problems! After jacking up the car and removing the wheel, without even having to remove any parts i just used a hydralic jack to push up the lower control arm and upper control arms to move the front assembly independent of the car and sprayed the flex shot into the gaps! This stuff is really strong and flex shot is made to last for years and it also has to strength as well and has made my bushings like new again! Flex shot is there only product that is suppose to last 30 years! To good to be true I know! I still cant beleivie it! Next I will spray leather spray paint over it protect the rubber from the elements https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-shot/

https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-shot/
Old 09-25-17, 08:15 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by kontrazeus
I saved thousand of dollars! After being diagnosed with the dreaded control arm issue on these cars I had to get creative. All of my upper and lower control arms and joints were shot due to my 2008 having over 210000 miles on it. After getting tired of all the noises i decided to try a cost effective fix. Considering that its just rubber I had to think of a way to replace the rubber in the bushings that had rotten out leaving gaps between the bushings and metal bolts holding the arms on. The solution you wont believe was Flex Shot only cost me $20 and it it fixed all of my issues, will be posting pictures soon, but after driving over 2 days with it has solved all my problems! After jacking up the car and removing the wheel, without even having to remove any parts i just used a hydralic jack to push up the lower control arm and upper control arms to move the front assembly independent of the car and sprayed the flex shot into the gaps! This stuff is really strong and flex shot is made to last for years and it also has to strength as well and has made my bushings like new again! Flex shot is there only product that is suppose to last 30 years! To good to be true I know! I still cant beleivie it! Next I will spray leather spray paint over it protect the rubber from the elements https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-shot/

https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-shot/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3JSR1URe0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUDwV-KWkNI

That is quite an amazing product video! Keep us updated on the longer-term durability of the product. I believe the product is true to its claims but many of its applications are static. I am curious how this product will truly hold up over time under the stress and conditions of the control arms. Not trying to be negative and it would be amazing if this product stands the test of time. Best of luck with it and thank you for testing it for the rest of us.
Old 09-25-17, 09:19 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

"But wait.....order now and we'll ship you TWO bottles for the same low price of $19.99!!"

Sorry...
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (09-29-17)
Old 09-26-17, 04:47 AM
jud149
Advanced

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by roadfrog
"But wait.....order now and we'll ship you TWO bottles for the same low price of $19.99!!"

Sorry...
Old 09-26-17, 06:17 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

this is a joke right? i think you can just easily put some headphones and ignore the noise all together its even cheaper
Old 09-26-17, 06:46 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog

Sorry...
Just pay $16.95 separate shipping and handling
Old 09-26-17, 07:02 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Dude, quit spamming this everywhere, I see it in 2 other threads already. Another forum I'm on will ban you for hawking products if you'e not a sponsor so if you like your account here (11 posts in 10 years...) may I suggest you knock it off.
Old 09-26-17, 07:59 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Just pay $16.95 separate shipping and handling

Yup. Kinda reminiscent of "Bass-o-Matic"!
Old 09-26-17, 10:47 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Why don't you post pictures of your LS460, pics of the control arms, pics to show where you have applied the product, and a original diagnoses from a mechanic. If not people are going to doubt the validity of the post, especially when you only have 11 posts so far.
Old 09-26-17, 02:33 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I like it. I don't believe it but its very creative.
Old 09-26-17, 04:17 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

I don't doubt it can stop some noises but its not going to help performance at all
Old 09-29-17, 12:13 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by kontrazeus
Ok, you have me wondering. I think I have the same problem with steering that seems all over the place and a vibration coming from the front and I can feel every bump (tires are at 33 all around). If this does work as a temp fix still Spring time (or make it better), I would be tempted to try to confirm things.

Pics and details plz

(for me not a perm fix, just a temp fix for a few months or so)
Old 09-29-17, 08:33 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Pics and details plz
just a temp fix for a few months or so)
Don't hold your breath Dave. 11 posts in ten years..or one post per year. You said "months", not years, lol