RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

drove through a huge puddle at least a third of the wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-17, 09:05 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default drove through a huge puddle at least a third of the wheel.

SO im in southwest Florida , where the hurricane hit, there is still a lot of flooding near me. its starting to recede now though. it was raining yesterday really hard and and I couldn't see I drove into a huge puddle, the water splashed off to the side so high, I could see that, it was twice the height of an rx350, it was right next to me so I couldn't change lanes. the car didn't lose traction but i felt so much resistance driving lol thought the puddle. anyway I was super nervous after that only driving very slow and after it warmed up I floored it to see if were good and my engine is ok. how bad is water on the brakes and stuff like that? so if you guys are ever in a situation like that, you'll probably be ok, just wish I didn't have to find out like an episode of myth busters.
Old 09-23-17, 10:58 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Nah you are fine if the car didn't die on you
The following users liked this post:
shadow1118 (09-23-17)
Old 09-23-17, 01:30 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

ok thanks bro, yea it was so scary lol. just really thinking my car was gonna die on me or waiting to see if it was gonna get hydrolocked. the car can definitely splash though lmao.
Old 09-23-17, 01:52 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

As long as your RCF did not "inhale" any water through it's intake up front, you are ok. You will KNOW if this occurred. The engine will likely die and you'll get all kinds of warning lights on the dash. So as long as your engine was still going and no warning lights on the dash, I say you are ok.

I would check to see about any "body parts" missing from the front end area (look carefully to make sure nothing is missing or got torn off. Same thing for the rear bumper. Lastly the bottom of the car......you'll need to get under the car to really see.).

I don't drive over any standing water unless I personally see another car just immediately in front of me going through and made ok. Even then, I will not do it (at least in a car so low as in the RCF. IN my LX570, MAYBE).

Originally Posted by shadow1118
SO im in southwest Florida , where the hurricane hit, there is still a lot of flooding near me. its starting to recede now though. it was raining yesterday really hard and and I couldn't see I drove into a huge puddle, the water splashed off to the side so high, I could see that, it was twice the height of an rx350, it was right next to me so I couldn't change lanes. the car didn't lose traction but i felt so much resistance driving lol thought the puddle. anyway I was super nervous after that only driving very slow and after it warmed up I floored it to see if were good and my engine is ok. how bad is water on the brakes and stuff like that? so if you guys are ever in a situation like that, you'll probably be ok, just wish I didn't have to find out like an episode of myth busters.
The following users liked this post:
shadow1118 (09-23-17)
Old 09-23-17, 06:28 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lexusrus
As long as your RCF did not "inhale" any water through it's intake up front, you are ok. You will KNOW if this occurred. The engine will likely die and you'll get all kinds of warning lights on the dash. So as long as your engine was still going and no warning lights on the dash, I say you are ok.

I would check to see about any "body parts" missing from the front end area (look carefully to make sure nothing is missing or got torn off. Same thing for the rear bumper. Lastly the bottom of the car......you'll need to get under the car to really see.).

I don't drive over any standing water unless I personally see another car just immediately in front of me going through and made ok. Even then, I will not do it (at least in a car so low as in the RCF. IN my LX570, MAYBE).
I didn't put in on a lift or jack it, but I got pretty deep under my car with my flashlight and there was no damage at all lol, from what is saw, I got in there pretty deep. but man I wish I had a video of it, my car just made this loud "Ker-plunk" noise from driving in the puddle, but thanks for the tips dude.