Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-17, 02:49 PM
bkdshadow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsudo Exhaust question

Hello,

this is my first post on any forum so sorry if there is any noobiness. I have had my 2012 AWD is350 for several months now and really like it. I just really wish the exhaust was louder. My first car was a 2000 Celica GTS that I put a cat back exhaust on and it droned but I got used to it. My second car was a 3.5SE 2007 Altima that had a stillen axleback on it, and while it sounded really nice, it wasn't very audible (I think it would be the equivalent of a tanabe axleback perhaps?)

The question I have is, I'm considering the tsudo exhaust, but couldn't find too much info on how loud it was. Does it have a decent loudness to it? I think some members said the mufflers were similar to Greddy? (I'm not really familiar with mufflers or anything like that so sorry if I'm wrong there). I was considering the tanabe, but it seems like most people agree that it's too quiet. I want the car to be loud enough where you can hear me drive away, but not so loud that I hate myself on the highway (supposedly like the HKS). You could say that I've EXHAUSTed the search function on just about every exhaust thread here, so I'm pretty familiar with what people think of some of them lol. I would love an F-sport but I'm in college and don't have money for that

TL;DR is the Tsudo exhaust louder than tanabe, or make a decent amount of sound in general?

Ps, was also considering the Megan axleback, but it didn't seem like there was much info, and the info that I found it didn't seem like people were thrilled about it like the Tsudo.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by bkdshadow; 09-18-17 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 04:39 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Tsudo is awesome. My buddy is selling an fsport (used , but in prime condition). The tsudo will still undoubtedly be cheaper still. Mine is holding up like a boss. Still shiny as new. But I do wash and degrease the entire thing regularly. It will take about a week to recieve it here to VA. I responded to your PM as well. Hope this helps you out.
The following users liked this post:
bkdshadow (09-18-17)
Old 09-24-17, 05:46 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Just installed a tsudo exhaust on my 350 before I sold it. It was awesome. For the price, it was one of the best bang for buck upgrades I had made
bkdshadow (10-24-17)
Old 09-26-17, 05:56 PM
leoferus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

One year on mine. It's quiet until you get on it. Drone is there but not bad. It looks "like new" but I do clean it regularly and it does not see salt.
bkdshadow (10-24-17)
Old 09-27-17, 12:51 PM
Brosillo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Tsudo for about 2.5 years. Love it for the price. Fitment could have been better, but that may have improved over the years. All I have is the JoeZ intake tube, other than the axleback, and it sounds pretty good to me.
bkdshadow (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 04:24 PM
bkdshadow
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! My friends and family did a collab birthday present for me and it turns out it’s the Tsudo exhaust I’ll try to do some before and after videos on it!

On a semi-related note, if it’s a little quieter than I am expecting, what do you all think about the Aero Turbine resonator? I saw one video with an IS350 that had it with another aftermarket exhaust and it sounded amazing.

Last edited by bkdshadow; 10-24-17 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-30-17, 02:02 PM
bkdshadow
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just installed the tsudo exhaust and love the way it sounds one thing that I noticed though is that the mpg for the highway seems to have went down significantly. I used to get about 26 just cruising on the highway, but when I went and did the same thing I was getting a little under 22. I don’t think I have any exhaust leaks either... does the ecu need to relearn anything? it’s also worth noting that the gasket that tsudo sent me wouldn’t fit, so I had to use the one that I was already using.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 10-30-17, 04:31 PM
bbaugher47

I used the existing gasket as well. Have you been playing with the throttle any more than normal? You can try to reset the ecu to see if it helps. Just remember to program your windows back in.
Old 10-30-17, 06:48 PM
bkdshadow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
I used the existing gasket as well. Have you been playing with the throttle any more than normal? You can try to reset the ecu to see if it helps. Just remember to program your windows back in.
yeah ive definitely opened up a little more just to hear the exhaust (not an obnoxious amount), but today after my work I checked for exhaust leaks and there weren’t any. Also, I reset the mpg to see how it would be on my way home and at one point it was between 8 and 13... I will try and reset the ecu tomorrow to see if that helps like you mentioned. No CELs or anything. Will keep this post updated
Old 10-31-17, 08:17 AM
bbaugher47

I never watch my mpg gauge. I would trust using simple math vs the car’s calculations on fuel consumption. But I will look at mine when I get gime to see what it is for informational purposes.
Old 10-31-17, 09:07 PM
bkdshadow
Driver School Candidate

TL;DR No more worries with my tsudo exhaust, I highly recommend deep tone and a good volume

I think I can finally give this thread some closure! I think the ecu is just relearning everything, as my actually mpg is fine. Just the cpu being weird. Every time I reset it, it would start off between 8-13, but after driving it for about 5-10 minutes it would go back to its normal (and reasonable) mpg. I got I back up to 23.5 at one point, so all is well.