RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Exhaust Installer Southern Cali

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-17, 09:49 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Exhaust Installer Southern Cali

Heya gents!! So it's finally time!! My birthday is coming up in November, and I'm getting myself a little present ...exhaust for the RCF!!

I've decided to go with an Armytrix exhaust. I'm in Southern California and looking for an installer either in San Diego or Orange County. I found one in Ontario called Mod In Japan, but nobody picks up the phone and I left a voicemail and nobody is returning my messages. Anybody have any recommendations? I really wanted to go to an installer who has already installed an exhaust on the RCF, and not just some random exhaust shop.

Cheers,
Old 07-27-17, 02:10 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

For Regional specific posts, a great place to ask is in the SoCal section of CL: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...alifornia-149/

Re: Topic, I got my Meisterschaft installed at ModBargains in La Habra, CA http://www.modbargains.com/
-Let them know the exhaust and it has some electronic installation needed for the Armytrix.
Old 07-27-17, 03:11 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Thanks ba2sy!! I'll do that mate! I'll also give ModBargains a call tomorrow.
Old 07-27-17, 03:18 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
Thanks ba2sy!! I'll do that mate! I'll also give ModBargains a call tomorrow.
Best of luck! Let me know how it goes and if you tried somewhere else. I'm curious.
Old 07-27-17, 07:39 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

To be honest, any reputable muffler shop should be able to. The exhaust has been designed to be straight bolt on. There's only so much clearance tolerance that it should all align. If you're looking for a performance shop. In Poway there is WOW auto shop. They work closely with RR racing and install supercharger and ECU tune. The owner has a supercharged isf and so you know they know their way around a Lexus.
Old 07-27-17, 10:52 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Heya gents!! So it's finally time!! My birthday is coming up in November, and I'm getting myself a little present ...exhaust for the RCF!!

I've decided to go with an Armytrix exhaust. I'm in Southern California and looking for an installer either in San Diego or Orange County. I found one in Ontario called Mod In Japan, but nobody picks up the phone and I left a voicemail and nobody is returning my messages. Anybody have any recommendations? I really wanted to go to an installer who has already installed an exhaust on the RCF, and not just some random exhaust shop.

Cheers,
Hey sorry we don't do installs and we are a vendor here so if you can't reach me over the phone, pm me here or text.
Good luck with the installer and if you need someone in OC i can recommend a shop, They are super legit. I'll message you
Old 07-27-17, 10:52 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Hey,

You can get the exhaust from us at a great price and we have a bunch of local installers.

Text me at 213 394 2886 and we'll get you set up ASAP.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-28-17, 10:10 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

So I was talking with a performance shop who is a reseller of Armytrix exhaust, and he was telling me that they actually won't install it on the RCF. It's because the Armytrix exhaust for the RCF removes the 2nd cat which will make it fail smog, so they don't do those type of installs. He's looking into possibly getting the exhaust kit and using a different pipe so I won't have to bypass the 2nd cat. Anybody familiar with this or actually have the Armytrix installed on there RCF?

I actually didn't even check if the Armytrix is CARB legal, which I'm thinking it's not. And that's fine, just as long as I can pass smog when the time comes.

Cheers,
Old 07-28-17, 10:14 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^There is no aftermarket exhaust for the RCF that is CARB legal.

Lou
Old 07-28-17, 10:26 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Yea, I didn't think so. Oh well, bring on the state referee that was a fun experience.
Old 07-28-17, 10:40 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Yea, I didn't think so. Oh well, bring on the state referee that was a fun experience.
I could be wrong but it looks like the flange on the axle back should work with OEM midpipe. I'm guessing from the hanger distance to the flange

here's the armytrix

Here's the GTHAUS

GTHAUS can work with the OEM midpipe, so goes for APEX -I and TANABE

Hope that helps you
Old 07-28-17, 11:08 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

PMd you...
Old 07-28-17, 11:35 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Yea, now I'm having second thoughts about the Armytrix and go back to my original choice, the GTHAUS. I was just worried it was going to be to loud. As crazy as that sounds, leaving at night with my little ones asleep the wife would not be to happy with me waking them up. Not sure really how could that valve system is for closed and open, in terms of sound. You know how it goes, online you just can't get a true sense of the sound.

It seems like most of you went with Meisterschaft for your exhaust selection, so that says something right there. Not even sure I know why I got on the Armytrix path, I think I found a guy who did some runs in the can and I did like the sound. Although it is a little raspy compared to the meisterschaft exhaust.
Old 07-28-17, 11:57 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Bunch of us local F'ers aren't driving around with secondary cats.. even our primary cats.

If you were interested in the GTHAUS axle portion, we do have a set in stock.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-28-17, 03:11 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Bunch of us local F'ers aren't driving around with secondary cats.. even our primary cats.

If you were interested in the GTHAUS axle portion, we do have a set in stock.

-Josh
Are you guys just swapping back to stock exhaust when it comes time to smog? Granted, we all still have some time until smog time. So that's probably not on anybody mind right now.

When you have the valves closed, and no cats, how loud is it compared to stock? Let's say from 1(stock) to 10(loud). I'm just curious. Because if it's anything like this video, I'm pretty much good to go and ready to buy.
Link:

I'm interested in getting the GTHAUS GTC Meisterschaft Musa exhaust. And I just realized, the Armytrix exhaust was a full catback exhaust system, as the GTHAUS I was looking at is not. So I could start small, and add as I feel comfortable.

Cheers,

Last edited by ZiPPyRCF; 07-28-17 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Installer Southern Cali