Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Na-T running crazy rich, help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-17, 05:03 PM
Lukas92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Na-T running crazy rich, help

Stock 2j, stock auto trans & rebuilt ecu, aero 340 fuel pump, new o2 sensor nothing influences change. One day starter relay went then next day started running like crap. See attached video.
Old 07-23-17, 07:51 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

What size injectors are you running or are they stock? Also do you have a piggyback or anything to take fuel out like safc to have a little more fuel controll etc. Did you set your base fuel pressure on your fpr?
Thats the only things I can think of right now
lookin at your airflow meter on your intake pipe could be part of it too, because your 2jzge ecu is made to run rich from factory which is normal at sucking air through the intake
look into TT ecu mod using 2jzgte ecu with a little wiring involved, and they are boost friendly computers, but it's more work involved...

connect all your piping together disconnect the battery for a few min, let the ecu relearn itself
W

Last edited by LEXXIUM; 07-23-17 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-24-17, 12:16 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Your never going to run right with that maf on there trying to do boost. Its not ment for it. I tried it with a AEM FIC to influence the numbers the stock ecu saw to run better. It never works well. I ended up going with Ali_sc3's TT ecu mod.

I'd recommend an aftermarket ecu or the TT ecu mod. Trying to run your car with boost on the stock ecu will only result in you being unhappy with its performance or even eventually damaging your engine from not being able to control what its doing correctly.
Old 07-25-17, 05:41 PM
95sc300NaT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has been currently running on this setup for like 3 years before i got the car, iys just dumping fuel on idle and throttle, i have a rebuild ecu i bought off second hand thinking it was that, and afm both installed same thing happened,
my guess is one of my sensors gave out,, ECT sensor? Or idle control, im going to replace my ECT and see if that fixes the issue
mods ive done:
TT HG / ARP headstuds,
Aero 340 stealth, Aero FPR kit,
new injector o-rings
has SAFC NEO but i disconnected it thinking it would be messing more with the fuel