GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GS F discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-17, 08:31 PM
Fit08225
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS F discontinued

i was just at a Keyes Lexus Van Nuys California and I was told that Lexus GS F has been discontinued. If I want something that powerful get RC F, or those new smaller models. No More GS F
Old 07-21-17, 10:54 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

What?! Well the Value of my GS-F will be skyrocketing in a couple years
Old 07-22-17, 11:09 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

SWEEET...Music...Two my ears.......

Originally Posted by Fit08225
i was just at a Keyes Lexus Van Nuys California and I was told that Lexus GS F has been discontinued. If I want something that powerful get RC F, or those new smaller models. No More GS F
Just like the...IS-F...

Originally Posted by CobraGSF
What?! Well the Value of my GS-F will be skyrocketing in a couple years
Now should......I Trade-In To Get The Last Model Year...

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 07-22-17 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-22-17, 12:46 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Someone will have to confirm this......
I just reached out to my guy at Longo Lexus. He says....It's Not True...and they haven't been told anything......
Old 07-22-17, 04:46 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to the Lexus dealer today and asked about discontinuing the GS. I posted it in the other GS channel - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9932638 Basically, it is happening sometime next year but Lexus hasn't settled on the name of the next model that has seen being tested http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...d-testing.html

Also, he told me that Lexus doesn't have a firm long-term vision for which car should be "F"'d. It isn't planning on "F"'ing every car. They are pondering putting the new LC engine in the RX or IS as an F model.
Old 07-22-17, 06:37 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts
Lightbulb

Glad I just bought mine...
Old 07-22-17, 11:53 PM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't be so gullible. It just so happens that they have no GS F in stock at the moment, but they do have one black RC F in their inventory. The sales was probably trying to switch you to the RC F.

When it comes to car sales people, you gotta stop taking things said at face value. Apply some critical thinking and at least some degree of scrutiny.
Old 07-23-17, 02:27 AM
bolaga
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aginnt
I went to the Lexus dealer today and asked about discontinuing the GS. I posted it in the other GS channel - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9932638 Basically, it is happening sometime next year but Lexus hasn't settled on the name of the next model that has seen being tested http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...d-testing.html

Also, he told me that Lexus doesn't have a firm long-term vision for which car should be "F"'d. It isn't planning on "F"'ing every car. They are pondering putting the new LC engine in the RX or IS as an F model.
The Prototype they tested is the new Toyota Crown / Mark X... w/e it is called in Japan. It got nothing to do with ES, especially it's RWD platform, not a FWD.

The platform is shared with GS. It is up to Lexus if they decided to use build another GS if they wanted to. The R&D cost shouldn't be too bad since they shared a lot of parts together.
Old 07-23-17, 01:07 PM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I was told by a Dayton dealer rep at a Cars and Coffee event that going forward both RCF's and GSF's are not going to be premanufactured and will be available through special order only. Seems somewhat true. I've not seen many postings of new GSFs on cars.com aside ones that have been there since the end of last year and beginning of this year.

As far as being discontinued, if so, i need to get some confirmation ASAP so i can buy another car and sit on the GSF for a few years and make some $$$. :-D

Last edited by danwlee; 07-23-17 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-23-17, 08:26 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Nobody should be surprised by this...GSF was a good car but way overpriced and poorly marketed imo.

They should of introduced it back in 2014 shortly after the GS first came out and priced it at $70k.

New M550i is $72k - has AWD and way more powerful.
Old 07-24-17, 03:43 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

No surprise there. This car came too late, too weak and too pricey. This decision however, will now make it harder for potential buyers to negotiate better deals on left over GS-F's. Dealers will play this card to push the prices higher.
Old 07-24-17, 09:13 AM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Nobody should be surprised by this...GSF was a good car but way overpriced and poorly marketed imo.

They should of introduced it back in 2014 shortly after the GS first came out and priced it at $70k.

The M550 is quicker (technically not more powerful), but the $72k is still just the base price. A similarly optioned 550 to a GSF is still going to push $80k. What I think would have worked in the GSFs favor would have been if they had a base model at around $70k and allowed of options instead of the only option being ML. Not everybody wants driver assist, TVD, HUD, orange calipers, etc etc, which would help market the car "in the low $70's" vs "in the mid-$80's". Those who want all the options can pay for them.

Oh well, i'm happy with mine and selfishly, that's all that matters to me.
Old 07-24-17, 09:17 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
No surprise there. This car came too late, too weak and too pricey. This decision however, will now make it harder for potential buyers to negotiate better deals on left over GS-F's. Dealers will play this card to push the prices higher.
Yes and yes.
Old 07-24-17, 10:57 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Yes and yes.
Does anyone think this is just a line of ***** to boost sales of the current GS and GSF? I mean, the next GSF probably wouldn't even come out for another 5 years knowing Lexus.....

just food for thought
Old 07-24-17, 11:51 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by danwlee
The M550 is quicker (technically not more powerful), but the $72k is still just the base price. A similarly optioned 550 to a GSF is still going to push $80k. What I think would have worked in the GSFs favor would have been if they had a base model at around $70k and allowed of options instead of the only option being ML. Not everybody wants driver assist, TVD, HUD, orange calipers, etc etc, which would help market the car "in the low $70's" vs "in the mid-$80's". Those who want all the options can pay for them.

Oh well, i'm happy with mine and selfishly, that's all that matters to me.
M550i makes over 450hp and over 480 lb ft Torque.
How is it not more powerful? And these numbers are really underrated.

M550i comes standard with pretty much everything and actually has more tech features than GSF.
Yes you can option for it to self park and also have semi-autonomous feature which will push price to high 70s and low 80s but these features are not even available on GSF.

Quick Reply: GS F discontinued