IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing - USRS - Squeaky as a rusty gate!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-17, 11:17 PM
willstroo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RR Racing - USRS - Squeaky as a rusty gate!!

Well for the first 6 months, everyone was a happy camper, silent running and an amazing experience on steering feel.. Then all of a sudden it sounds like the car is part of a Stephen King horror movie, every time i cross any sort of imperfection in the road, be it bump or speed hump, sounds like a rusty gate blowing in the wind!! Like proper loud, "look at me" loud, cringe in your seat loud..

Lexus installed the bushings, and used the supplied lube on install, and on the last service we lubed them up as best as we could. But short of disassembling and trying the install again, what options are there on something like this?!

Look forward to hearing your feedback anyone who has had something similar
Old 07-21-17, 12:11 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

There's your problem (you let Lexus install them) are you sure its the bush or something else. Just take them out and put the stock ones back in, I will buy the RR,s off you, problem solved cheers.
Old 07-21-17, 05:33 AM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

😭😂😂😂😂/\

side note. Are you sure it's the bushings? Have you inspected them?
Old 07-21-17, 06:41 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

2 years use here, quite as a cat in slippers.
Old 07-21-17, 04:25 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

OP, have you any other suspension mods?

I've not experienced this issue on my F. However, my other Toyotas have made similar suspension noises, and it ended up being caused by dried out anti roll bar bushings.
Old 07-22-17, 01:53 AM
willstroo
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by isfvss
There's your problem (you let Lexus install them) are you sure its the bush or something else. Just take them out and put the stock ones back in, I will buy the RR,s off you, problem solved cheers.
Ha, for $1,000 their yours!! SOLD!!

Originally Posted by Richy21
😭😂😂😂😂/\

side note. Are you sure it's the bushings? Have you inspected them?
Yep, sprayed them directly with some lube and they quieten down for a few weeks, then the nightmare returns.

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
2 years use here, quite as a cat in slippers.
Lucky boy..

Originally Posted by tas02
OP, have you any other suspension mods?

I've not experienced this issue on my F. However, my other Toyotas have made similar suspension noises, and it ended up being caused by dried out anti roll bar bushings.
No, have changed the shocks, but everything else is stock, its def the USRS.

I guess what i should have asked, is what are some suggestions for some really good spray on lubricants which will last and provide some longer lasting results? Short of pulling it all apart, thats all i can think of doing.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-17, 03:08 AM
isfvss
Racer

Willstroo I will take them out for Lexus rates relube and install $2500 plus a $600 alignment that's as cheap as chips phone me lmfao.
Old 07-22-17, 07:28 AM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Try crc marine heavy duty corrosion inhibitor might help you out
Old 07-22-17, 07:32 AM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I've had the usrs on my car for about two years and I've never had a problem put well over 30k miles on them.
Old 07-22-17, 02:45 PM
5280ISF
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used this for the install about 1.5 years ago..all still quiet.

Energy Suspension 9.11104 8 Oz Tub Of Lubricant
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-25-17, 07:41 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue. I know you have tried many things, please don't take offense if you have already thought of/tried these.
Do you drive on dirt or dusty roads frequently?
Spray lubricants like WD40 or other penetrants will actually thin and remove grease type lubricants. They can temporarily solve the problem but not last.
To get to the bottom of this I really think it will require removal of the brackets (I did the whole job in my driveway with hand tools in 1 hour, old ones out, new ones in, no alignment necessary) and then re-grease them with a heavy grease for polyurethane bushings. The stuff is THICK and sticky but it stays in place, is hard to wear off and lasts a long time. If it applies with a spray from a can, it will not be thick enough.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=polyeurathane+bushing+grease https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=polyeurathane+bushing+grease
Old 07-25-17, 08:53 PM
willstroo
Driver

Thanks for all your suggestions, i think the easy solution is that i have to take them off, lube properly, then pop them back on..

Frustrating, as apparently the lube that comes with the kit was used..

Thanks again!
Old 07-25-17, 11:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I wouldn't bet on the lube from Super Pro being used on the bushings. Super Pro is in OZ. They sell lube for poly bushings because they sell them by the truckload. There is no spray lube that will do more than stop the annoyance for a few minutes. The real stuff is thick as moose snot and isn't easily washed out or diluted except by trying to spray some weaksos lube in the bushing.

Yes, it sucks to have to remove them, but if you want to do it right, you have to rip off the condom.

Polyurethane bushings require maintenance!
Old 07-26-17, 01:35 AM
willstroo
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I wouldn't bet on the lube from Super Pro being used on the bushings. Super Pro is in OZ. They sell lube for poly bushings because they sell them by the truckload. There is no spray lube that will do more than stop the annoyance for a few minutes. The real stuff is thick as moose snot and isn't easily washed out or diluted except by trying to spray some weaksos lube in the bushing.

Yes, it sucks to have to remove them, but if you want to do it right, you have to rip off the condom.

Polyurethane bushings require maintenance!
Goddammit..

Ahhh well.. thats how i got my two kids.. Nothing like some bareback on supermodels
Old 07-26-17, 01:53 AM
isfvss
Racer

Lowbux I have had many cars with super pro and Nolothane bushes and never had to maintain them NO squeaks, I just think Lexus didn't lube them enough or used the wrong grease. It only takes 2 slow hours to take them out and re lube with a 6 pack, Sunday job.

Quick Reply: RR Racing - USRS - Squeaky as a rusty gate!!