Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RR Racing New Carbon Intake First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-17, 07:23 PM
Fingers007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RR Racing New Carbon Intake First Impressions

Club,
Today I received and installed the new RR Racing Carbon Intake System. It replaced my Takeda cold air intake. My first impression is that acceleration is even smoother than before. I didn't feel any power gain. I also noticed that my engine bay is significantly quieter. Do y'all think my tune file needs updating?

​​​​​​​
Old 07-19-17, 08:16 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Is RR-Racing tuning their tunes with their intake? now the intake pipe is included with your tuner.
Old 07-20-17, 01:44 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,413 Likes on 647 Posts

Hi.... when you reprogram the ECU, the long term knock correction learning falls to a low default value, and you need to drive the car to get the ignition timing and power back up.

The most effective way to get the igntion learning up is by doing long pulls in 4th or better 5th gear, from 2000 - 5500rpm.

Additionally, in super hot humid weather, it is hard to realize all the gains from the tune or the intake. It is very difficult to keep the ECU from retarding timing under such hot/humid temps. So most of the gains you will realize once the temps cool down a bit.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
KXALB (03-24-22)
Old 07-20-17, 07:38 PM
canibeat
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are the turbo noises unnecessarily loud?
I ordered the BMS intake but decided to sell it due to the reviews of it being too loud regarding the turbo sounds.
Old 07-21-17, 06:05 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by canibeat
I ordered the BMS intake but decided to sell it due to the reviews of it being too loud regarding the turbo sounds.
I believe they are talking about the intake system for the V6 platform. If you are trying to avoid the excessive turbo sound look into the HPS intake tube or AEM intake pipe and drop in filter platform.
https://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-...CABEgK-OfD_BwE
https://www.aemintakes.com/news/news.aspx?id=6937
Old 07-25-17, 04:57 PM
nkseto
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the difference between this and the Fsport intake, and will it help with low-end torque? Also, what's that little filter it comes with? Currently am stock and looking to upgrade.
Old 07-26-17, 09:50 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you replace the stock air filter? My intake came yesterday and one of the steps was to cut out a section of the netting on the underside of the airbox. I have no problem with this but my current air filter is the AFE power magnum flow DRY filter. I am worried that if I drive in the rain the filter might get wet or am I just being overly cautious?
Old 07-26-17, 09:55 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by canibeat
How can a turbo noise be to loud? I did everything to my Ecoboost just so I can enjoy the sound of them spooling up and blowing off....
Old 08-01-17, 11:56 AM
aznxdragon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fingers007
Club,
Today I received and installed the new RR Racing Carbon Intake System. It replaced my Takeda cold air intake. My first impression is that acceleration is even smoother than before. I didn't feel any power gain. I also noticed that my engine bay is significantly quieter. Do y'all think my tune file needs updating?
Does it sound any different in comparison to the Takeda?

I'm looking to buy an intake I've been leaning towards the Takeda, just seeing how you would compare since you've had it on for a few weeks,.
Old 08-02-17, 09:22 AM
Fingers007
Rookie

Originally Posted by aznxdragon
Does it sound any different in comparison to the Takeda?

I'm looking to buy an intake I've been leaning towards the Takeda, just seeing how you would compare since you've had it on for a few weeks,.
The Takeda is louder and more aggressive sounding. It easily overwhelms my exhaust note. Initially, the rr racing tube was dead quite. Now, my engine bay is starting to louden up a bit after two weeks of use.
Old 08-07-17, 10:19 AM
aznxdragon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fingers007
The Takeda is louder and more aggressive sounding. It easily overwhelms my exhaust note. Initially, the rr racing tube was dead quite. Now, my engine bay is starting to louden up a bit after two weeks of use.
Did you sell your Takeda?
Old 08-24-17, 08:23 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Please let me know if the tube is producing a deeper tone. I currently have the F sport tube install and the RR Racing tube hanging around. If the RR Racing tube produce a deeper tone i will give it a shot/install. Thanks.
Old 08-25-17, 06:13 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by minhael
Please let me know if the tube is producing a deeper tone. I currently have the F sport tube install and the RR Racing tube hanging around. If the RR Racing tube produce a deeper tone i will give it a shot/install. Thanks.
I have had mine installed for the last month. I can't really tell a difference in sound myself. This is with the RR tube and AFE dry filter.
minhael (08-25-17)
Old 08-25-17, 09:34 AM
Fingers007
Rookie

My thoughts are that the RR-Racing tube sound is comparable to the stock intake and much more quieter than a cold air intake.
minhael (08-25-17)
Old 08-25-17, 08:30 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
I have had mine installed for the last month. I can't really tell a difference in sound myself. This is with the RR tube and AFE dry filter.
If that's the case, i will probably keep my existing F sport tube on since i do like the sound from the tube. Thanks.