IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing USRS Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-17, 11:27 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RR Racing USRS Install

I'd like to think I that I could figure out how to do this myself but honestly I'd rather pay someone to do it quickly and correctly. That brings up the question of what type of shop should I take the car to?? Do I need a "tuner" type shop with a lot full of 10 second cars or can I get by with someone like discount tire who can also knock out an alignment for me?

Suggestions for the Atlanta area are welcome. I live in Suwanee and work in Sandy Springs.
Old 07-03-17, 11:38 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

You don't need get them installed by a performance shop. Just about any independent shop can do it. It's not difficult for them to do if they know what they are doing. Heck, even an installation guide is included with the USRS.
Old 07-03-17, 01:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

A shop that's familiar with suspension work - Shocks, springs, alignment and etc.

Lou
Old 07-03-17, 02:06 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the dealers in that area kind of suck but might be worth finding out if you have a F specialized SA there at one of them. They put my USRS on for 'free' at the dealer here when they installed the PPE headers (got a good rate on that, cheaper than 'tuner' shops install. and they will honor the work).

GL, the difference is very noticable once you upgrade!
Old 07-04-17, 01:01 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

they did my usrs for 110$ at my dealer before i moved, im guessing that was an hour of labor ... the crazy part was .. they covered my bushings under a part warranty even though its not a toyota part.

the tech and service manager saw how much better built it was compared to what was on the car ... they asked for the site where i got them, and from what i hear they recommend them when F owners come in complaining about tire wear in the front.

its cheap, proven and takes no time to install.
Old 07-04-17, 02:38 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by gravesg
they did my usrs for 110$ at my dealer before i moved, im guessing that was an hour of labor ... the crazy part was .. they covered my bushings under a part warranty even though its not a toyota part.

the tech and service manager saw how much better built it was compared to what was on the car ... they asked for the site where i got them, and from what i hear they recommend them when F owners come in complaining about tire wear in the front.

its cheap, proven and takes no time to install.
Which dealer and service manager is this you speak of?!?! Lol

V.
Old 07-04-17, 04:27 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Which dealer and service manager is this you speak of?!?! Lol

V.
back at my old dealer .. charles barker lexus in va beach.

saw 1 other isf getting usrs put on it a few months after mine.

they were willing to install headers there too! and keep factory warranty.

... sn: i will say...who knows if they'd stand by it .. could have been lip service .. but they seem like pretty good guys ... minus the crazy rate per hour.

heres what it looks like under my service history

SERVICE: INSTALL NEW CASTER BUSHINGS FOR LOWER CONTROL ARMS CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS
DESCRIPTION: INSTALL NEW CASTER BUSHINGS FOR LOWER CONTROL ARMS CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS ~|~INSTALL CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS ~|~ ~|~52637 NOTE RIGHT FRONT TIRE SHOWING CORD REC REPLACE IN PAIRS $660.72 MICHELIN 225-40-R19

... thought they would have put in the words after market or something.

Last edited by gravesg; 07-04-17 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-04-17, 06:27 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took mine to the Lexus dealer and they installed with no issues.
Old 07-05-17, 04:40 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by gravesg
back at my old dealer .. charles barker lexus in va beach.

saw 1 other isf getting usrs put on it a few months after mine.

they were willing to install headers there too! and keep factory warranty.

... sn: i will say...who knows if they'd stand by it .. could have been lip service .. but they seem like pretty good guys ... minus the crazy rate per hour.

heres what it looks like under my service history

SERVICE: INSTALL NEW CASTER BUSHINGS FOR LOWER CONTROL ARMS CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS
DESCRIPTION: INSTALL NEW CASTER BUSHINGS FOR LOWER CONTROL ARMS CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS ~ ~INSTALL CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS ~ ~ ~ ~52637 NOTE RIGHT FRONT TIRE SHOWING CORD REC REPLACE IN PAIRS $660.72 MICHELIN 225-40-R19

... thought they would have put in the words after market or something.
Ok cool deal. What's your service advisors name? I will probably make the 2.5 hr trip there to get them to check out my bushings install and alignment. Good excuse to go to the beach as well, lol.
My dealership keeps blaming the lack of being able to align the car perfectly on the usrs bushings being on there😑. Actually wouldn't align another members' car at all since he had "aftermarket bushings"!! Just so sick of this pull to the right (started immediately after the bushings were put on).
But lmk who your service advisor is so I can ask for him. Thanks!!

V.
Old 07-05-17, 12:26 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

It took me 1.5 hours by myself to install the USRS... if I had to do it over again I bet I could do it in under 1 hour. Don't let anyone screw you with a bunch of labor costs or anything. It is a very simple install!
Old 07-05-17, 08:27 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Hey GAISF
I've taken my car to KoruWorks in Marietta for a number of things over the years, including installing my Figs #2 bushings. They're a Japanese style tuner garage and all around good guys. They can do anything but an alignment. For that I use GTE. I know a number of ISF and RCF owners who use them as well.
Old 07-06-17, 06:35 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Thanks! I called Nally Lexus in Alpharetta yesterday and spent 15 min trying to explain what they were to the service guy. He was completely clueless and first quoted me $865 per side, then eventually said 2hr of labor. I'd prefer to take it to someone who at least gets why i'm changing them....

Originally Posted by blckbrd
Hey GAISF
I've taken my car to KoruWorks in Marietta for a number of things over the years, including installing my Figs #2 bushings. They're a Japanese style tuner garage and all around good guys. They can do anything but an alignment. For that I use GTE. I know a number of ISF and RCF owners who use them as well.
Old 07-06-17, 08:16 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

With air tools this is a 1 hour job at the very most. I did it in my driveway with hand tools and the hardest part was getting the longest bolts out of the car. Everything goes back in like clockwork. A month later I checked the torque on everything and nothing had changed. A solid design.
AA
Old 07-07-17, 07:53 AM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did mine in about an hour so with hand tools. Just make sure you properly torque the bolts to spec and use the feeler gauge. Pretty easy to do yourself.
Old 07-07-17, 07:57 AM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by GAISF
Thanks! I called Nally Lexus in Alpharetta yesterday and spent 15 min trying to explain what they were to the service guy. He was completely clueless and first quoted me $865 per side, then eventually said 2hr of labor. I'd prefer to take it to someone who at least gets why i'm changing them....
I submitted a request through KoruWorks's website and got an almost immediate response. Very reasonable price and it will include a hand wash. Going to book it soon and give them a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quick Reply: RR Racing USRS Install