RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
View Poll Results: Do you like the 4RX grill
Yes
68.42%
No
31.58%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Giant grill opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-17, 01:04 PM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default POLL: Giant grill opinions

Curious if owners here have warmed up to the 4RX giant grill. I personally tolerate it but haven't warmed up any more or less after a year plus. I know quite a handful of non 4RX owners dislike the unusually large grill.

The other issue some have are the floating rear roof. I actually like it. I am still not too crazy about the tailights popping out.
Old 06-27-17, 01:28 PM
NickL
Racer

Received 419 Likes on 271 Posts

I hope we all love the grill as most of us here already bought the vehicle.
I personally love the F-Sport grill on my '17 RX.
Old 06-27-17, 02:17 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 517 Likes on 386 Posts

I like the floating roof and entire front end on the RX. Ok by me. It is just part of the reason I purchased two.
Old 06-27-17, 06:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Love the spindle grille, more so the F Sport version. Same with every Lexus and what makes it bold and unique in the market.

I'm indifferent with the floating roof.
Old 06-27-17, 06:29 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Always loved bold FSport grills but had to accept floating roof. Sorta reminded me of a hurst when first saw it.
Old 06-28-17, 06:03 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I did not like the grill. Skipped the RX but eventually came back because of the brand, features, and price. Now the grill looks OK to me. But I still cannot say I love it. Wife hates the F-Sport grill.
Old 06-28-17, 08:27 AM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by guxu
I did not like the grill. Skipped the RX but eventually came back because of the brand, features, and price. Now the grill looks OK to me. But I still cannot say I love it. Wife hates the F-Sport grill.
Wife likes the standard grill over the F sport grill? Interesting....
Old 06-28-17, 09:10 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sirtiger
Same here. But we both agreed that we did not like the F-Sport seats!
Old 06-29-17, 06:23 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I should say my wife hates honeycomb grille more than the standard one. She hated the giant grille so much that she ran to NX and used 3RX. I had to pull the safety card to buy our 4RX.
Old 06-29-17, 06:37 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 419 Likes on 271 Posts

If you hate the new Lexus grill, you'll be getting a used Lexus for a while. I also fail to see NX grill being any smaller(proportional to the size of the vehicle) than the RX grill.
NX Grill

RX Grill
Old 06-29-17, 06:42 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

I love the grill on the FSport, not so much on the regular; however, if I buy the RX it must be FSport with Triple LED headlight since the normal headlight is meh. My issue is the floating roof which I san't stand it (that black strip at the rear quarter panel) otherwise I would have bought the RX instead of the NX. I know dark colors will hide that issue somewhat but I don't want 3 dark colors vehicle in the garage.
Old 06-29-17, 06:53 AM
MisterQ
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting... My wife actually liked the F sport grille when she saw it for the first time like I did, she also really liked the floating roof line. It certainly made it a lot easier to make our decision on the RX F sport model, I am however not too crazy about the sound generator, I prefer a quiet ride with minimal engine sound.
When I started thinking about getting a new car, I initially wanted to get the Audi Q5, my wife preferred the Infiniti QX60, but after we both saw the new RX 350 design with the F Sport grille, we both changed our mind. It was great that we both agreed on the same thing about a car (for the first time in like... 30 years that we've been together)
Lexus probably was taking a big chance with the bold design of the new giant grille, it seems that there's not a lot of middle ground, people either hate it or love it. Fortunately for me, my wife liked it too.
Old 06-29-17, 12:39 PM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NickL
If you hate the new Lexus grill, you'll be getting a used Lexus for a while. I also fail to see NX grill being any smaller(proportional to the size of the vehicle) than the RX grill.
NX grill looks normal size to me. The NX as a whole looks proportionally normal. I had driven the NX as a loaners a few times and like the looks....especially the F Sport. I dislike the lack of power, tiny NAV screen & goofy touch pad.

We are about 1.5 yrs since the 4RX release. I am starting to wonder if they plan to tame the giant grill or keep it the same for the big refresh for 2019. As I noted, I tolerate the giant grill. If it absolutely hated it, I wouldn't have gotten it last year.

As of now, only the Audi has large grills. I'm not sure if the trend will continue with other makes.
Old 06-29-17, 01:20 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I didn't say yes, or no. But I certainly didn't care for it when I first saw it. It does grow on you and all is good now. Wasn't a deal breaker.
What I find is the amount of positive comments I get from strangers, neighbors, etc. Wife likes it and can always tell it's me coming down the road if I am picking her up.
Old 06-29-17, 01:49 PM
bdman360
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my GIANT grill

Quick Reply: POLL: Giant grill opinions