IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

WANTED - Driver Seat Cover for 2015 IS 350 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-17, 02:40 AM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Question WANTED - Driver Seat Cover for 2015 IS 350 F-Sport

Hi, I'm looking for a classy, nice, snug fitting, driver's side, seat cover, for a 2015 IS 350 F-Sport. All the ones I've found so far don't meet said preferences & requirements, or not very well suited for a Lexus.

Do you know where I can get a seat cover that will nicely fit an IS 350, or can you post some websites that sell them?

THANKS!!
Old 06-25-17, 07:45 AM
Jcar1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a '14 is250 F Sport and on my 2nd set of universal seat covers. I purchased the first ones on Amazon and they wore out within a month but the fabric was cheap and thin. I purchased my 2nd set from Costco on sale for $20 about 5 month ago and they are pretty good quality. They are fairly thick, look ok and holding up nicely. They are a decent fit but not perfect, I don't think any universal ones will be. I could have done a better job installing it and do need to tighten the bottom because after months of getting in and out of the car it loosened up a bit.
I wanted something that looked good of course but was more concerned with protecting the drivers seat and not spending $500. I am not sure will get what you are looking for with a universal cover and may want to check out custom leather ones if you want a classic look and don't mind spending the money.

Last edited by Jcar1; 06-25-17 at 08:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LaZeR (06-25-17)
Old 06-25-17, 10:07 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Question

Originally Posted by Jcar1
I have a '14 is250 F Sport and on my 2nd set of universal seat covers. I purchased the first ones on Amazon and they wore out within a month but the fabric was cheap and thin. ...
THANKS @ Jcar1 ~ do you happen to remember the BRAND NAME of the universal seat covers from Amazon?

Do ya think they wore out so fast coz they're FABRIC and NOT imitation leather? THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 06-26-17, 05:42 AM
Jcar1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
THANKS @ Jcar1 ~ do you happen to remember the BRAND NAME of the universal seat covers from Amazon?

Do ya think they wore out so fast coz they're FABRIC and NOT imitation leather? THANKS AGAIN!!
No problem Lazer, glad to help. Yes I do think imitation leather would hold up better, the Amazon ones were Polyester but I also think were out quickly because they were very thin on the sides that get the most wear when getting in and out of the car and only padded were you sit. The Costco ones are made from wet suit material and are thicker on the sides (see picture below) . Here is the info on the Amazon ones, the come in several different color options, I got all black:
Name: FH GROUP
Part#: FH-FB032115
Old 06-26-17, 04:13 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Why would one install that? The look is not nice at all. defeats the whole purpose of the car. The stock material of any modern car using vinyl is extremely durable.
Old 06-26-17, 09:19 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by E46CT
Why would one install that?
Well there's several reasons including: a) my gf is only 5'6" so whenever she raises the seat the top of the headrest hits the roof(!!) ~ with this she doesn't have to raise it as high, and b) for protection against food, drinks, spills, wear & tear, etc.

The stock material of any modern car using vinyl is extremely durable.
ARE YOU KIDDING??? NO WAY JOSE!! Seriously man ~ this is my second Lexus, millions of people have used Lexus's, and rubbing the seats entering & exiting so often they wear out FAST. AND, after a while it looks pretty ugly, especially when you plan to sell or trade in.

The look is not nice at all. defeats the whole purpose of the car.
AGREE with ya there!! hahahaha On a more serious note, however, you CAN get really posh expensive ones approaching around ~$500.
Old 06-26-17, 11:00 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Besides looking hideous and hiding the wonderful details/stitching of the seat, wouldn't these seat covers also interfere with the side airbag (deployed from the side of the seat) in the event of an accident?
Old 06-27-17, 12:11 AM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by dchar
Besides looking hideous and hiding the wonderful details/stitching of the seat, wouldn't these seat covers also interfere with the side airbag (deployed from the side of the seat) in the event of an accident?
I've been doing some research perhaps indicative of this thread. Many manufacturers make them, quoting verbatim, "SAFETY - (Side) Airbag Compatible".

On a different note when you're sitting on them you don't really notice either gorgeous OR hideous seats

b
Old 06-27-17, 12:34 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I've been doing some research perhaps indicative of this thread. Many manufacturers make them, quoting verbatim, "SAFETY - (Side) Airbag Compatible".

On a different note when you're sitting on them you don't really notice either gorgeous OR hideous seats

b
Since these covers aren't custom tailored for the seat, I doubt the companies can guarantee that they won't interfere with side airbags. With seats being different sizes and shapes, with varying areas where the airbag deploys, the companies probably have a disclaimer somewhere that states that they aren't responsible for injuries from use of their cover.

Walking up to your car and seeing those covers...ewww. Passengers will probably have same reaction. Is your car a taxi all of a sudden? I'd understand if it was for temporary use, like if you're an Uber driver at night, you were very dirty from an outdoor activity, or transporting dirty objects.
Old 06-27-17, 01:01 AM
LaZeR
Advanced

... Walking up to your car and seeing those covers...ewww. Passengers will probably have same reaction. Is your car a taxi all of a sudden? ...
Read the very first opening post at the top for what I'm looking for ~ I'm getting ONLY ONE for the driver seat, another post in the middle stating some reasons why, and another previous post above where it's stated the price for some approach ~$500... DID YOU READ ANY OF THIS THREAD?! lol

... I'd understand if it was for temporary use, like if you're an Uber driver at night, you were very dirty from an outdoor activity, or transporting dirty objects.
This is my 2nd Lexus. See a previous post above describing HOW and WHY Lexus seats EASILY depreciate.... Once again, did you read the thread?!

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-27-17 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-27-17, 08:03 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Well there's several reasons including: a) my gf is only 5'6" so whenever she raises the seat the top of the headrest hits the roof(!!) ~ with this she doesn't have to raise it as high, and b) for protection against food, drinks, spills, wear & tear, etc.

ARE YOU KIDDING??? NO WAY JOSE!! Seriously man ~ this is my second Lexus, millions of people have used Lexus's, and rubbing the seats entering & exiting so often they wear out FAST. AND, after a while it looks pretty ugly, especially when you plan to sell or trade in.

AGREE with ya there!! hahahaha On a more serious note, however, you CAN get really posh expensive ones approaching around ~$500.

I always find that funny though "protection"

Why care about protecting something you never intend to display/enjoy?

I'll take food/drink right now and purposely spill it on my new Lexus seats. I won't even worry. It's vinyl, it wipes right up. That's the whole point of the material.

You can always, you know, just don't eat/drink in the car.

And yeah a good point is the airbags. Not worth it. Unless that's been fully tested and approved by Lexus, I wouldn't trust that. You may as well be driving a rented ford focus if you are going to have your concerns and cover the seats.

The IS has nice seats.. enjoy them =) The car is way too expensive to not enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
PAPI007 (07-09-17)
Old 06-30-17, 12:13 PM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

honestly no offence but please dont put seat covers on
Old 06-30-17, 12:24 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by LouisV
honestly no offence but please dont put seat covers on
Not going ALL OUT... gonna try JUST ONE on the driver's seat... WHY? Coz I like these seats too much and my GS leather got all messed up!
Old 06-30-17, 12:32 PM
LouisV
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not going ALL OUT... gonna try JUST ONE on the driver's seat... WHY? Coz I like these seats too much and my GS leather got all messed up!
oh shoot

what happened to them exactly? they cracked?
Old 06-30-17, 12:54 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by LouisV
oh shoot what happened to them exactly? they cracked?
Well if you don't care for and/or treat leather car seats regularly, after a while, ALL of them will crack.

I'm more so referring to the friction and rubbing every time you get in & out of your car. Physically I'm NOT huge, in fact I'm relatively athletic, but this is my second Lexus and the seats on the IS 350 F-Sport are too nice!!

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-30-17 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply: WANTED - Driver Seat Cover for 2015 IS 350 F-Sport