GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

99 Lexus gs300 security light on car won't crank!!

Old 06-23-17, 09:08 PM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 Lexus gs300 security light on car won't crank!!

well it started about a month back I tighting my battery terminals and it stopped and all of sudden it started back tonight. Does anybody know what it could be? It randomly does it like I can put the key in and the light be on and I pull it out and put it back in and it won't be on but then sometimes it will just stay on
Old 06-24-17, 09:27 PM
burteboy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default security light

Check for codes . Does your vehicle has remote start, if so remove it or disconnect the module that has the key and recheck your condition.
Old 06-25-17, 09:55 AM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by burteboy
Check for codes . Does your vehicle has remote start, if so remove it or disconnect the module that has the key and recheck your condition.
no remote start my buddy is suppose to bring his scanner by also this stuff didn't start till after I put my double din radio in if that helps out. It's wierd first Time you put the key in it runs then after you cut it off it may work or it may not
Old 06-28-17, 08:39 AM
AzNGman07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had this intermittent issue as well since I bought my GS two years ago. But mine is a bit funny. I have to keep the car on and running for a certain amount of time, otherwise if I shut the car off and attempt to turn it on, the security light remains on when inserting the key.
Theres been times where I am sitting in my car(cold start) and have to run inside because I forgot something, so when I shut it off and come back, it wont come on. So I sit there and wait. and wait... I have also been stranded at gas stations close to home. But at this point I understand my car, so I know when it may or may not happen most of the time. I also avoid driving short distances. Unless I had already driven the car a good while prior. I have changed my key and still have problem every so often. I was told it may be my immobilizer.
Old 06-28-17, 08:58 AM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AzNGman07
I have had this intermittent issue as well since I bought my GS two years ago. But mine is a bit funny. I have to keep the car on and running for a certain amount of time, otherwise if I shut the car off and attempt to turn it on, the security light remains on when inserting the key.
Theres been times where I am sitting in my car(cold start) and have to run inside because I forgot something, so when I shut it off and come back, it wont come on. So I sit there and wait. and wait... I have also been stranded at gas stations close to home. But at this point I understand my car, so I know when it may or may not happen most of the time. I also avoid driving short distances. Unless I had already driven the car a good while prior. I have changed my key and still have problem every so often. I was told it may be my immobilizer.
do you know how to change the immboilizer I've heard that too?
Old 06-28-17, 09:01 AM
AzNGman07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rara1989
do you know how to change the immboilizer I've heard that too?
No clue, and I heard it isn't cheap
Old 06-28-17, 12:18 PM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AzNGman07
No clue, and I heard it isn't cheap
I wonder if it's in the ecu?
Old 06-28-17, 02:53 PM
vijayn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you tried seeing if the problem remains when you remove that double din you installed? I wondering if its getting interference from something.
Old 06-28-17, 03:17 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Rara1989
well it started about a month back I tighting my battery terminals and it stopped and all of sudden it started back tonight. Does anybody know what it could be? It randomly does it like I can put the key in and the light be on and I pull it out and put it back in and it won't be on but then sometimes it will just stay on
Just tightened or clean and tested battery itself? How old is your battery? When it happens better scan and read the DTC(trouble code to get a clue)
Old 06-29-17, 04:29 PM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vijayn
Have you tried seeing if the problem remains when you remove that double din you installed? I wondering if its getting interference from something.
I've unplugged it and it still does it I may have to do it fro the other side of the harness to see if it works
Old 06-29-17, 04:32 PM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Htony
Just tightened or clean and tested battery itself? How old is your battery? When it happens better scan and read the DTC(trouble code to get a clue)
battery isn't that old I went and had it tested it was good.

Last edited by Rara1989; 06-29-17 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-29-17, 06:06 PM
vijayn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you got a spare key you can try? If yes, does the problem happen on that key too?
As others have suggested, get a scantool and see if there any codes regarding the security system.

It seems like a problem with the transponder key amplifier
Old 06-30-17, 05:21 PM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vijayn
Have you got a spare key you can try? If yes, does the problem happen on that key too?
As others have suggested, get a scantool and see if there any codes regarding the security system.

It seems like a problem with the transponder key amplifier
well just checked there isn't any codes which is weird and it does it with the valet key also I have the wallet key and it does it isk I'm lost and this really sucks!! How do you change the key transponder amplifier?
The following users liked this post:
Kitty51 (05-08-22)
Old 06-30-17, 05:39 PM
Rara1989
Driver School Candidate

It's weird cause once you crank it once it will run then you cut it off and put the key back in the ignition sometimes it will run sometimes the lights on and won't let it
Old 06-30-17, 07:08 PM
FrankT
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

You need techstream to read the body codes. You most likely have B2796 No Communication In Immobilizer System

You might just need to get your key reprogrammed. Have you tried another key?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 Lexus gs300 security light on car won't crank!!