RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Interior colors

Old 05-23-17, 03:42 AM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Interior colors

what do you all think of,the different interiors for a std rx350. black is out for my wife, it is popular but she doesn't like it. The dark noble brown is her last choice, so that leaves us with light grey or the parchment. The parchment was by far her favorite in the 3rd gen but now that we are looking at new, she didn't love the two tone but said maybe it needs to grow on her. This color is by far the most popular from what I have found in most colors when u take black off the list. Light grey was not available on the lot so we didn't see it in person but looking at exterior colors of black, white and atomic with atomic her favorite. What do you think re colors inside? Did a quick search and didn't see much on the subject...
Old 05-23-17, 06:16 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I don't do light interior anymore as the up-keep is more than I want to do. I wear jeans 99% of the time and others have said that the jean dye can rub off and be seen on the light colors. I guess it rubs off on black to, but you don't see it. I have a Sienna with a light grey and it looks bad after a few years of use. I do use it as a utility vehicle so it does get some ugly stuff thrown in it. The 4RX is black inside with grey outside.

I have seen the atomic silver and it looks pretty nice. Might be my next choice. You get different options for interior with the atomic and I think your options are different from Canada. Not sure about that but, you can tell when you go into Build and Price on Lexus USA. If you go into the show your pics thread, there are lots of great photos of other peoples vehicles and you might get some good ideas from there.
Old 05-23-17, 09:47 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had light gray in my '05 and also have it in my '16. I also wear jeans about 90% of the time and had no issues with the '05 and so far (1 year) haven't had any problems with my '16.

I do wipe the seats down every month or so with a microfiber towel moistened with soap and water. I then condition the leather using either the Lexus conditioner or Lexol. The whole process takes about 30 minutes. This is more to care for the leather rather than removing denim stains.

I'm also not a fan of black interiors and think the gray gives the RX a more luxury look.

I will say that the floor mats in the '05 were way too light and were a PITA to keep clean. The '16 mats are much darker so they do not show stains. I did replace the mats with Lloyd mats which have been easier to maintain.
Old 05-23-17, 01:51 PM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rdfish1
what do you all think of,the different interiors for a std rx350. black is out for my wife, it is popular but she doesn't like it. The dark noble brown is her last choice, so that leaves us with light grey or the parchment. The parchment was by far her favorite in the 3rd gen but now that we are looking at new, she didn't love the two tone but said maybe it needs to grow on her. This color is by far the most popular from what I have found in most colors when u take black off the list. Light grey was not available on the lot so we didn't see it in person but looking at exterior colors of black, white and atomic with atomic her favorite. What do you think re colors inside? Did a quick search and didn't see much on the subject...
How about the RED! It's more like Burdundy though. The whole family like it some much that our son wants his CT to have new red leather soon.