GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

foglight

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-17, 09:18 PM
anthony97
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foglight

what are some good websites to get some HID fog lights and head lights for my 2008 gs350
Old 05-20-17, 12:29 AM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony97
what are some good websites to get some HID fog lights and head lights for my 2008 gs350
www.ebay.com
www.amazon.com
www.rakuten.com
Old 05-20-17, 04:34 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I buy mostly everything on eBay. Save good money. BUT YOU MUST READ. Read exactly what your buying before actually buying. People tend to complain about eBay not selling correct products when really it's the customers duty to read everything first. Anyhow I'm going for the 6000k all white look.. I recently ordered 6000k hid bulbs, white parking lights for the middle (when headlights are on they turn on), and some 6000k led bulbs for the fog lights. The fogs are 9006 so look it up via that. They'll be here Monday. Once I install everything I'll take a couple before and after pics for you so you can see how it look. As far as product brands, go with what your money calls. Not everybody can afford nicer stuff. I usually go with the cheapest but best quality brand. If not I'll learn from that mistake lol. Anyhow these are the fog bulbs I bought. That's the price on eBay currently. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo33.jpg  
Old 05-20-17, 01:18 PM
DJtheGR8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up LED Foglight

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
I buy mostly everything on eBay. Save good money. BUT YOU MUST READ. Read exactly what your buying before actually buying. People tend to complain about eBay not selling correct products when really it's the customers duty to read everything first. Anyhow I'm going for the 6000k all white look.. I recently ordered 6000k hid bulbs, white parking lights for the middle (when headlights are on they turn on), and some 6000k led bulbs for the fog lights. The fogs are 9006 so look it up via that. They'll be here Monday. Once I install everything I'll take a couple before and after pics for you so you can see how it look. As far as product brands, go with what your money calls. Not everybody can afford nicer stuff. I usually go with the cheapest but best quality brand. If not I'll learn from that mistake lol. Anyhow these are the fog bulbs I bought. That's the price on eBay currently. Hope this helps!
I used the same ones for my fog lights HID low beams, LED fog lights and parking lights
HID low beams, LED fog lights and parking lights
here are pics.
Old 05-22-17, 07:43 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DJtheGR8
I used the same ones for my fog lights HID low beams, LED fog lights and parking lights
here are pics.
This is the exact look I'm going for! Looks very nice! Thank you for posting pics of your car I really needed to see that! Mine just got to the post office today. Ima go pick them up now and find a little time to install them. I only got the HID bulbs for low beam and LED fog lights today. I'll be receiving the LED parking lights in a few days. I'll post some pics before and after of whatever I do. Thank you bro!!!

Last edited by aneidiaz; 05-22-17 at 08:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DJtheGR8 (05-22-17)
Old 05-23-17, 07:09 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Alright so I put on the low beam 6000k bulbs in yesterday. For the record, they must not be as high quality as the oem bcuz I feel the yellow 4300ks shined a little brighter. I paid around $30 for them but they were originally $70. I got discount. I might end up buying the higher quality ones down the line to see if they're any brighter. Anyhow, the install was simple. Got a little tied up tryna get the connector off the actual bulb before taking the bulb out. Didn't wanna snap anything as I know how I am when I get a little frustrated.... The fog lights look great at night. Those were really easy to install. I put pics up of before and after as I worked on the car. And pics of the lights I bought. From now on any lights I change on my car I just look them up on XENON DEPOT and then type in the same exact light on eBay and I find them cheaper ..... Gotta be smart and save money but buy the same quality. Also took a pic driving home last night on highway... IDK they seem bright but I just feel like the oem 4300ks were much stronger at night and went farther out idk maybe I'm just crazy. Ima look up the brand that XENON DEPOT sells for those bulbs and buy the best ones later on... Parking lights 6000k almost here and next ima order LED all white back up lights and license plate lights. Thinking about making DRL yellow all the way but if not all white will work too. I love all white at night. Tints all black coming soon then ima touch up and paint glossy black with triple clear coat on the oem 18s then ima dedicate a little time to my wife's truck.
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo877.jpg   foglight-photo77.jpg   foglight-photo860.jpg   foglight-photo117.jpg   foglight-photo528.jpg  

foglight-photo218.jpg  

Last edited by aneidiaz; 05-23-17 at 07:13 AM.
DJtheGR8 (05-23-17)
Old 05-23-17, 07:15 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo499.jpg   foglight-photo797.jpg   foglight-photo494.jpg   foglight-photo199.jpg   foglight-photo780.jpg  

DJtheGR8 (05-23-17)
Old 05-23-17, 09:54 AM
DJtheGR8
Driver School Candidate

Alright so I put on the low beam 6000k bulbs in yesterday. For the record, they must not be as high quality as the oem bcuz I feel the yellow 4300ks shined a little brighter. I paid around $30 for them but they were originally $70. I got discount. I might end up buying the higher quality ones down the line to see if they're any brighter. Anyhow, the install was simple. Got a little tied up tryna get the connector off the actual bulb before taking the bulb out. Didn't wanna snap anything as I know how I am when I get a little frustrated.... The fog lights look great at night. Those were really easy to install. I put pics up of before and after as I worked on the car. And pics of the lights I bought. From now on any lights I change on my car I just look them up on XENON DEPOT and then type in the same exact light on eBay and I find them cheaper ..... Gotta be smart and save money but buy the same quality. Also took a pic driving home last night on highway... IDK they seem bright but I just feel like the oem 4300ks were much stronger at night and went farther out idk maybe I'm just crazy. Ima look up the brand that XENON DEPOT sells for those bulbs and buy the best ones later on... Parking lights 6000k almost here and next ima order LED all white back up lights and license plate lights. Thinking about making DRL yellow all the way but if not all white will work too. I love all white at night. Tints all black coming soon then ima touch up and paint glossy black with triple clear coat on the oem 18s then ima dedicate a little time to my wife's truck.
I think it looks great! My fog light install was somewhat of a hassle but I did it haha. I got the same fog lights and i feel the same about them not being as bright as expected but I'll try a different type when they go out. I installed LED reverse lights and I must say it increased visibility greatly with back up cam. I had trouble with my DRL when I tried 2 different HID conversions (1 with a resistor/relay). So I put the OEM halogens back in till I can find a better set up. I'm about to change my side marker lights over to LED. Let us know how yours goes when installed.
Attached Thumbnails foglight-img_3943.jpg  
Old 05-23-17, 08:52 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

DJtheGR8
I like the fog lights they look good. I mean without an HID ballast to really intensify the lighting it won't really go too far. LED is just right on the pockets and supposedly last longer. The headlight lowbeams I mean are not as bright as the 4300k oems. I been on XENON DEPOT looking up they're prices on lights and the quality and brands and what not. Amazing idea came to mind of copying and pasting the bulb info exactly onto eBay and comparing prices. They all come out cheaper needless to say. . I recommend doing the same. Save a few bucks on high quality bulbs. Hook your lighting up the right way. I'm looking at these Osram 5000K Cool Blue Hyper Plus bulbs. The cheaper version of these are the highest quality halogen style bulbs they have on XENON DEPOT and it's dam near $42. I found these that are essentially better and brighter for $28. Shared pic here with exact item info. I cant wait to install my parking lights and back up lights with the license plate lights as well. Excited about these little mini projects lol. Anything to keep my mind busy. Thanks for sharing bro. GodBless!!
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo760.jpg  
DJtheGR8 (05-24-17)
Old 05-24-17, 05:27 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Just ordered these for license plate lights! Parking lights should be arriving tomorrow. I'll post pics before and after installation too so the members can see.
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo906.jpg  
DJtheGR8 (05-24-17)
Old 05-25-17, 06:17 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony97
We have quality replacements available for the GS350, and we offer free-shipping for U.S. forum members (send us a PM for the code!)

As others may have suggested, LED is a better option for your fog lights. They are easier to install, provide plenty of usable output, and will not generate as much heat as an HID Conversion Kit.

If you have any questions about lighting products, or automotive lighting in general, please feel free to contact us: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.
Old 05-29-17, 09:20 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

I just changed the two parking lights in the inner headlights. I only took the daytime pic for now bcuz I just finished it. But later on I'll take a night pic as well. Here's the bulbs I used for it. Same ones sponsors on here recommend. But I bought them off eBay for cheaper then everyone. High quality LEDs. I put everything there for you guys. The process itself was easy for me. Straight forward. Remove engine covers and just twist the little plastic light stick thingy counter clockwise and the light pops right out. GodBless everyone. Have a productive day guys
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo603.jpg   foglight-photo987.jpg   foglight-photo39.jpg   foglight-photo136.jpg   foglight-photo715.jpg  

Old 05-30-17, 04:31 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Alright guys so here is a night time picture of all the lights. Same day. Hope you guys like. 6000k all around. Next is all white LED DRLS. Then ima change the license plate lights to all white and the reverse lights as well. Getting tints put on Wednesday and I need as much lighting as possible cuz I'm going super black ... Tell me what yall think. GodBless everyone!
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo533.jpg   foglight-photo329.jpg   foglight-photo736.jpg   foglight-photo856.jpg  
DJtheGR8 (05-30-17)
Old 05-30-17, 07:27 AM
DJtheGR8
Driver School Candidate

Alright guys so here is a night time picture of all the lights. Same day. Hope you guys like. 6000k all around. Next is all white LED DRLS. Then ima change the license plate lights to all white and the reverse lights as well. Getting tints put on Wednesday and I need as much lighting as possible cuz I'm going super black ... Tell me what yall think. GodBless everyone!
Looks great! I'm interested to see how the DRLs turn out. That's been my struggle lately next to changing out the flasher relay haha.
Old 05-30-17, 09:18 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DJtheGR8
Looks great! I'm interested to see how the DRLs turn out. That's been my struggle lately next to changing out the flasher relay haha.
Yes I'm ordering those this Friday. I'm debating on whether to order them from XenonDepot or eBay. XenonDepot is way more expensive but I think the overall quality will be much better as well. The seller I'm tryna buy the lights from off eBay is a very respected power seller of quality bulbs as well, iJDMTOY. Here I posted pics of the LED options I'm looking at for the DRLs/highbeams. Yes I definitely want to get those dirty old faded yellow looking DRLs out soon. They did they're job over the years. Time to be relieved of they're duties. Anyhow I will be posting whatever I do light wise on here and let you guys see what's up. Later on today I will be getting in the trunk real deep and taking a bunch of stuff apart to get to the license plate lights to replace them with some quality all white LEDs. GodBless everyone!
Attached Thumbnails foglight-photo505.jpg   foglight-photo533.jpg   foglight-photo916.jpg   foglight-photo497.jpg   foglight-photo896.jpg  

Last edited by aneidiaz; 05-30-17 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: foglight