IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Thinking of trading in my 2013 GS350-F Sport for ISF

Old 05-12-17, 12:28 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Thinking of trading in my 2013 GS350-F Sport for ISF

So lately I've been thinking that I want some V8 power in life. After being in this forum and watching reviews on the ISF, I know that I want to get into one. The thing is that I got my GS350 last August as a CPO with 40K miles. Now it almost has 50k miles. I have a loan for it and I'm not upside down the loan. How would that work if I were to trade in my GS? These GS's are deprecating very rapidly trade in for them is around 24k. I owe 19k on mine.

Here's an example of a local ISF that I'm thinking of checking out:
http://www.sslexus.com/VehicleDetail...-AZ/2982809863

Price seems a little high?

I know that the 2011+ is the more desirable model because of the LSD and suspension tweaks and LED DRL? I wouldn't mind a 2010 as registration and insurance would be a little cheaper here in AZ.

Am I crazy for wanting an ISF? Does a ISF ride similarly to a 2013 GS350 with AVS suspension?

Thanks fellas!
Old 05-12-17, 12:54 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I have driven the gs350 (non- f sport) and had compared it to my 08 ISF. I am going have to say the ISF will give you lots of smiles on your face in all performance categories. The gs350 will hands down be the smoother and more luxurious ride. A lot more technology compared to the ISF. It's all up to you. I wanted performance with some luxury and great piece of mind.... thats how i upgraded from is350 to ISF and still to this day, have not regret. The ISF has a certain beast in it which I cannot speak of. It will only growl louder and louder and my face just can't stop smiling. Go test drive one and observe yourself. You will know that little beast hiding under that hood.
Old 05-12-17, 01:16 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by LatinGS350
So lately I've been thinking that I want some V8 power in life. After being in this forum and watching reviews on the ISF, I know that I want to get into one. The thing is that I got my GS350 last August as a CPO with 40K miles. Now it almost has 50k miles. I have a loan for it and I'm not upside down the loan. How would that work if I were to trade in my GS? These GS's are deprecating very rapidly trade in for them is around 24k. I owe 19k on mine.

Here's an example of a local ISF that I'm thinking of checking out:
http://www.sslexus.com/VehicleDetail...-AZ/2982809863

Price seems a little high?

I know that the 2011+ is the more desirable model because of the LSD and suspension tweaks and LED DRL? I wouldn't mind a 2010 as registration and insurance would be a little cheaper here in AZ.

Am I crazy for wanting an ISF? Does a ISF ride similarly to a 2013 GS350 with AVS suspension?

Thanks fellas!
good luck getting 24k trade in. Some GS are selling for 26k on dealer lots
Old 05-12-17, 02:06 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

OP: You are not crazy. Go test drive one to see if it's for you or not.

Trading the car in is cool since the dealer takes care of all the lien holder paperwork. If you can sell it privately, then I would go that route.

You're going to lose some ride comfort and back seat space.

Have you considered the GS-F?
Old 05-12-17, 02:40 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by idoke1
I have driven the gs350 (non- f sport) and had compared it to my 08 ISF. I am going have to say the ISF will give you lots of smiles on your face in all performance categories. The gs350 will hands down be the smoother and more luxurious ride. A lot more technology compared to the ISF. It's all up to you. I wanted performance with some luxury and great piece of mind.... thats how i upgraded from is350 to ISF and still to this day, have not regret. The ISF has a certain beast in it which I cannot speak of. It will only growl louder and louder and my face just can't stop smiling. Go test drive one and observe yourself. You will know that little beast hiding under that hood.
My GS F Sport is pretty basic. It doesn't have ML or HUD which is fine with me. I only have BSM. Yes, I definitely need to test drive one.
Originally Posted by ssmoked
good luck getting 24k trade in. Some GS are selling for 26k on dealer lots
Haha yeah I know that's just the price I saw this morning on KBB.
Originally Posted by 2URGSE
OP: You are not crazy. Go test drive one to see if it's for you or not.

Trading the car in is cool since the dealer takes care of all the lien holder paperwork. If you can sell it privately, then I would go that route.

You're going to lose some ride comfort and back seat space.

Have you considered the GS-F?
The GS-F is out of my price range right now. I'm looking for something in the 30K's. What happens to what I owe on the car? Does that get added to the price of the ISF? LIke if I were to get the gray ISF for 33k they would add the 19K that i owe on my GS? I've never traded in a car before so I'm not sure how it really works.
I know I would get more money if I sell it myself but that's more of a headache to deal with private buyers.
I'm okay with losing back seat space haha since I don't have any kids yet. The GS F Sport isn't as plush due to the AVS and the low profile tires. The ISF has simliar sized wheels so I would think they ride about the same.
Old 05-12-17, 03:11 PM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

whatever negative equity you might have on the GS will go towards the price of the ISF. If dealer takes your car for 24k and you only owe 19k, the positive equity (5k) can/will be put towards the purchase of the ISF. so technically if those numbers pan out you're only purchasing the ISF for 28k. just hope that you at either get positive trade in equity on your GS or at least even out and no negative equity goes towards the ISF.
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (05-12-17)
Old 05-12-17, 03:16 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jondls33
whatever negative equity you might have on the GS will go towards the price of the ISF. If dealer takes your car for 24k and you only owe 19k, the positive equity (5k) can/will be put towards the purchase of the ISF. so technically if those numbers pan out you're only purchasing the ISF for 28k. just hope that you at either get positive trade in equity on your GS or at least even out and no negative equity goes towards the ISF.
Got it. Thanks for that info .
What do you guys think of the ISF I posted? It's pretty much the only one posted here in Phx at the moment.
Old 05-12-17, 03:24 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Its priced well....the 2010+ had the Limited Slip...not 2011+
LatinLS430 (05-12-17)
Old 05-12-17, 04:24 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I actually own both of those cars.... an 08' ISF and a 15' GS350 F-Sport. Here is my opinion on both...

Power - The GS350 feels super slow compared to the ISF. Now this may be exacerbated by the I/H/E that I have on the ISF, but still.

Suspension/Ride - GS350 is a bit smoother, but I would not say "night and day difference". The F-Sport model of the GS350 has low profile tires and a little bit stiffer suspension than the non F-sport model. So comparing that to the ISF, the ride is definitely smoother, but not by a TON. It might be a different story if you compare the non F-Sport version of the GS.

Technology - Obviously my 15' GS has more technology than my 08' ISF (it's 7 years newer..lol)

Space - GS definitely has a LOT more space than the ISF. Putting people in the back seat of the ISF can be challenging... especially for long road trips or if they are full grown adults. If I know I am going to put more that 2 people in the car, I just take the GS.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-12-17, 05:32 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Y isf? Not gsf?
Old 05-12-17, 06:34 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

^ ha

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-12-17, 10:14 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Y isf? Not gsf?
about a $40k difference lol
Old 05-13-17, 02:13 AM
illtres50
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the switch from gs f sport to isf 3 months ago and I don't regret it one bit. I look forward to driving the isf every day, its such an exhilarating ride. Test drive one and see for yourself. By the way, I've seen that car in person 2 days ago when I was in for service, its in mint condition inside and out.
LatinLS430 (05-13-17)
Old 05-13-17, 10:42 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LatinGS350
Got it. Thanks for that info .
What do you guys think of the ISF I posted? It's pretty much the only one posted here in Phx at the moment.
Hard to say just based on the photos. Need to test drive, look at the under-carriage, check maintenance records, check carfax, listen to the motor.......
Old 05-14-17, 04:13 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Cant comment on the GS as never driven one but as others have said, driving an ISF is an unreal experience. Had mine for over a year now and never get bored of driving it.

Sure there are Audi, C63's and other V8's etc but driving something that is a bit more unique, and reliable gives that peace of mind.

Once you put an exhaust on it, that smile will never disappear. What a great sounding engine.

I came from a quick turbo but being the bigger engine, the overall driveability is much better. Great for highway cruising and around town (even with 8 gears) but put your foot down and it transforms.

Great car, enough said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of trading in my 2013 GS350-F Sport for ISF