LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

VSC , Check engine lights and sometimes ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 04:18 AM
mobthani
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSC , Check engine lights and sometimes ABS light

Dear Lexus Forum,
Thanks for the useul content in this forum which I find usually useful by sharing people experience.

My problem is in a LEXUS LS460 2007, The car showed up the warnings for the ABS and VSC and I pulled it to one shop and he made the RESET for the car by the computer.
All sign went off and on the other day only the VSC and check engine is showing up and never goes.
( before it was coming and going every while), anyway , what I observed that in hot weather ( since am in GCC country - DUBAI) the ABS sometimes lights up and sometimes to the extreme extent the red signal also for the brake lights up too.

So what I have read in many places that VSC and Check engine is usually because of the Oxygen sensor ,
but is there any chance when there is an oxygen sensor issue and the VSC lights up , is there any chance that ABS will light up also sometimes?

Regards.

Last edited by mobthani; 04-29-17 at 04:40 AM. Reason: TYPO mistakes and to make the content more clear
Old 05-20-17, 01:17 AM
ALISC400
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello!

Have you tried to see the diagnostic codes that pop up? This could be helpful.
Do you have any battery drain issues or any other issues?

I've had a friend who pressed the reset drip on the dash and holding the engine on button after changing the car battery and that worked!
Some more details would be good and hope to solve your worries soon!
Old 05-21-17, 01:58 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

The ABS/VSC could well be the brake actuator as I got this code when mine needed replacing. The check engine light could well be the O2 sensor as when there is a fault with it the EPA requires the check engine light to go off. While I am sure you have and have already done it, but I would be remiss not to mention, but have you always closed the fuel filler cap with several clicks as that can cause the light to go off as well.
Old 04-24-20, 07:58 AM
madele
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is engine on button on a Rx 330?
Old 04-24-20, 10:22 AM
norviewguy
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mobthani
Dear Lexus Forum,
Thanks for the useul content in this forum which I find usually useful by sharing people experience.

My problem is in a LEXUS LS460 2007, The car showed up the warnings for the ABS and VSC and I pulled it to one shop and he made the RESET for the car by the computer.
All sign went off and on the other day only the VSC and check engine is showing up and never goes.
( before it was coming and going every while), anyway , what I observed that in hot weather ( since am in GCC country - DUBAI) the ABS sometimes lights up and sometimes to the extreme extent the red signal also for the brake lights up too.

So what I have read in many places that VSC and Check engine is usually because of the Oxygen sensor ,
but is there any chance when there is an oxygen sensor issue and the VSC lights up , is there any chance that ABS will light up also sometimes?

Regards.
Brother we can't say this enough. Your check engine light is on, use a OBD scanner and get the codes to help us help you. Nothing but speculation without the codes. It could be simple it could be difficult. If you leave your gas cap off your check engine light and VSC would come on as well. I had a P0174 code on mine, I didn't pay attention to which other lights were on. All I know is the check engine light was on so I pulled both MAF sensors and cleaned them then swapped sides and haven't had the issue again. Get us the codes...we got you.
Old 04-25-20, 07:45 AM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Same here. I thought the gas cap was loose or we ran gas up into the neck when refueling. Kept getting CEL. With the Dash Command app I found my Long Term fuel trims to be -30%. I cleaned the MAFs and reset the codes. Issue went away.