Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-17, 09:45 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Default RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Anyone know for sure if a USRS or a FIGS LCA bushing fixes the uneven front tire wear? It seems like it was good solution for 2IS, but what about 3IS?
Old 04-16-17, 02:01 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope. U need a camber kit...
Old 04-16-17, 05:51 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

No you don't.

-1.5 is nothing. I was running -2.5 on my sti without any problem. Toe is the problem on excessice tire wear.

please dont post false information.
The following users liked this post:
UltraRacin (07-17-19)
Old 04-16-17, 06:32 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Inner/outer tire wear is a negative/positive camber problem.. toe problem is like a cupping tire wear. caster won't effect tire wear.. i know this because im a alignment technician.. that bushing is just to replace the soft bushing and bit adjustments for caster...
Old 04-16-17, 08:08 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Everybody knows how alignments work, you don't need to explain it to anyone. we know what camber, caster, and toe setting does to the vehicle.

What this product does is to help the dynamic changes in toe under braking and accelerating on these vehicles. Which causes the excessive wear in the inner tires, not camber wear.

Rears on IS have more camber than the fronts, but front tires wear more in the inner side due to toe. This is a known issues in all generation of IS models.

So please don't post anything if you don't know anything about this product.
igetit14is (02-19-20)
Old 04-17-17, 08:57 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Yes,

The USRS fixes the toe issue.. Lots of ISF, IS (2nd.3gen), RC, RCF, GSF guys run them!

Contact us for pricing.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-17-17, 10:26 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Thanks, i sent you a pm
Old 04-21-17, 02:54 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

anymore feedbacks?
Old 04-22-17, 06:21 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
No you don't.

-1.5 is nothing. I was running -2.5 on my sti without any problem. Toe is the problem on excessice tire wear.

please dont post false information.
LOL Yes you do need Camber Kit to fix inward and outward tires wear, pinougil is right Toe makes cupping wear, seriously you never heard of Camber wear ? lol LCA bushing is for handling and yes a bit of caster adjustment and caster NEVER EFFECT tires at all, do you know whats a Caster is ? Bushing won't do anything OEM Bushing is the best, on the 3IS the front can be accepted with -1 camber but the rear..... check this thread out
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...=RSR+tire+wear

If you say you ran -2.5 camber without problem, that's not true no offended but not true at all, we've been tested on many vehicle from 90s to Y2K+ cars, if your camber is negative more than -1 you'll get CAMBER WEAR, las i said the front of 3IS will be accepted with probably -1.2, "pinoygil" is not giving out false msg HE IS RIGHT he just suggesting and help you out why you bashed on him ? if you don't agree go ahead and do it, when you have too much camber in the rear your ride and handling will be crap, you know how long Lexus Engineer designed and re-adjust their suspension ? you know how long it takes them in SCHOOL to get an Engineer agree ?

FIGS or any aftermarket LCA or other parts bushing won't do anything, OEM the way to go, OEM Alignment specs is within OEM, if you alternate MOdding your suspension you will need Suspension Engineer to take that Limitation of OEM therefore you Need a Camber Kit, whoever told you LCA effect tires that guy is an idiot.
Old 04-22-17, 09:53 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

I freaken hate this forum especially 3IS.

like i said, "these" cars (meaning IS models) have dynamic toe problem. Not camber problem. If the camber was the problem then the rear tires would go out way before fronts do since it has more camber.

What you and the other dude is generalizing common camber problem. Again, not a lexus is

Last edited by jkonquer; 04-22-17 at 04:58 PM.
MilkMonstr (08-24-17)
Old 04-22-17, 04:59 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Not a camber issue.

Name:  9B5FF91C-9B3D-46D2-BD96-56EF3AEC272C_zps7c2exy7y.jpg
Views: 5462
Size:  128.5 KB
Name:  1F3690B5-0222-4141-8089-9168E77A4843_zpshhtcj9na.jpg
Views: 5349
Size:  120.9 KB

Last edited by jkonquer; 04-22-17 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-22-17, 11:51 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Looks like Something is scraping on your tire. U might wana check for tire clearance with your steering all the way to left or right. And u have a little camber wear...
Old 04-23-17, 07:39 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Here is an example of what I am talking about. Not a camber issue.

To be honest the wear on that tire does not look like an alignment issue at all. It's so specific to one area, whereas alignment issues usually affect a larger area on the tire. Especially if it was toe wear the tire should be feathered or cupped across the the entire tread.
Having said that, I also have no idea what would have caused that. My best guess would be a tire issue...like some type of defect. It's hard to tell from photos, it's one of those things you have to feel to get a better idea about.
Old 04-23-17, 08:11 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Yeah this is the typical Lexus inner tire wear. Most of them have it and is treated (Even the dealers) as a camber wear when it is not.
It is on both of the front wheels. You can kind of tell from the first picture, that the wear is just on the inner inch of the tire. Also understand that these Turanza's side wall sits at a angle which could potentially cause the problem.
MilkMonstr (08-24-17)
Old 04-23-17, 02:01 PM
pnoygil
Rookie

Originally Posted by Solara350
LOL Yes you do need Camber Kit to fix inward and outward tires wear, pinougil is right Toe makes cupping wear, seriously you never heard of Camber wear ? lol LCA bushing is for handling and yes a bit of caster adjustment and caster NEVER EFFECT tires at all, do you know whats a Caster is ? Bushing won't do anything OEM Bushing is the best, on the 3IS the front can be accepted with -1 camber but the rear..... check this thread out
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...=RSR+tire+wear

If you say you ran -2.5 camber without problem, that's not true no offended but not true at all, we've been tested on many vehicle from 90s to Y2K+ cars, if your camber is negative more than -1 you'll get CAMBER WEAR, las i said the front of 3IS will be accepted with probably -1.2, "pinoygil" is not giving out false msg HE IS RIGHT he just suggesting and help you out why you bashed on him ? if you don't agree go ahead and do it, when you have too much camber in the rear your ride and handling will be crap, you know how long Lexus Engineer designed and re-adjust their suspension ? you know how long it takes them in SCHOOL to get an Engineer agree ?

FIGS or any aftermarket LCA or other parts bushing won't do anything, OEM the way to go, OEM Alignment specs is within OEM, if you alternate MOdding your suspension you will need Suspension Engineer to take that Limitation of OEM therefore you Need a Camber Kit, whoever told you LCA effect tires that guy is an idiot.
thanks bro...

this guy is unbelievable. Its clearly on the picture its a camber wear. Piece of advice go to a alignment shop and ask them about ur problem on your tire.

Quick Reply: RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing