IS 250 - Beat-Sonic SLX-140L - Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-17, 01:24 AM
TwoFifty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 250 - Beat-Sonic SLX-140L - Question

Hi!

After quite a while of searching alternatives for my OEM radio (like Flyaudio, etc.) I decided to use the Beat-Sonic SLX-140L interface adapter to fit an carplay double din aftermarket headunit.
Last weekend I started to disassemble my center console to install the new radio.

All worked well until I unplugged the radio and found that there was an additional (8-pin) connector on my OEM unit that the Beat-Sonic does not have. (marked red in picture)

Furthermore the OEM fm antenna connector is no iso plug (marked green in picture above).
The aftermarket head unit has an iso plug like this one:

I found adapters for this problem but don't want to spend any more money until I know that the rest of the Beat-Sonic harness will work...
Especially without the missing 8-pin connector.

I also noticed that the 12 pin connector only has assigned 2 pins on the interface adapter instead of all 12 on the OEM head unit:

The Beat-Sonic SLX-140L is described as compatible with my 2012 Lexus IS 250 and I specifically stated that during my order so I'm completely stuck at the moment.
Thats why I wanted to ask if someone already successfully did this on the post 2010 facelift with the SLX-140L. Or maybe can point me in the right direction and know what the 8-pin plug is used for?
Are there two different version of this adapter (pre and post 2012 facelift) and they sent me the wrong one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Here is a picture of my OEM plugs that go into the head unit if that is any help:

Last edited by TwoFifty; 04-10-17 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-13-17, 08:55 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried calling BeatSonic directly? I called them a few times when I got my harness for my 2007 IS250 and they were extremely helpful.
Old 04-16-17, 11:48 PM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

100% correct, I would call them up and please post what you find out because I am about to install the beatsonic too...
Old 04-17-17, 01:08 AM
marcsis250
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

is yours factory nav unit stock? if so u have wrong harness. cant tell in the pictures u posted but just figure i would throw it out there. GL!

SLX-140L Lexus IS 250, IS 350, IS-F Double DIN Kit Integration Adapter Kit (WIthout NAV)

MVX-140L Lexus IS 250, IS 350, IS-F Double DIN Kit Integration Adapter Kit (With factory NAV)

Old 04-17-17, 01:25 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by marcsis250
is yours factory nav unit stock? if so u have wrong harness. cant tell in the pictures u posted but just figure i would throw it out there. GL!

SLX-140L Lexus IS 250, IS 350, IS-F Double DIN Kit Integration Adapter Kit (WIthout NAV)

MVX-140L Lexus IS 250, IS 350, IS-F Double DIN Kit Integration Adapter Kit (With factory NAV)

Well, he said he was looking at flyaudio, so I would think he is non-nav - could still have gotten the wrong item shipped to him.
Old 04-18-17, 01:11 AM
TwoFifty
Driver School Candidate

I have the non-nav thats right, forgot to mention that.

So I ordered the SLX-140L for non-nav units. But as I learned after getting in contact with Beat-Sonic the harness is specifically made for north-american spec. Lexus IS.
Since mine is EDM model the wiring is different as are the connectors.
Thats the reason why you only can order it from within the US on the Beat-Sonic website.
Unfortunately I ordered from another vendor who ships to Europe but didn't mention the compatibility issue on their website.
So bad luck for me I'm trying to get refund now.
Old 05-22-17, 06:18 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFifty
I have the non-nav thats right, forgot to mention that.

So I ordered the SLX-140L for non-nav units. But as I learned after getting in contact with Beat-Sonic the harness is specifically made for north-american spec. Lexus IS.
Since mine is EDM model the wiring is different as are the connectors.
Thats the reason why you only can order it from within the US on the Beat-Sonic website.
Unfortunately I ordered from another vendor who ships to Europe but didn't mention the compatibility issue on their website.
So bad luck for me I'm trying to get refund now.
With careful discussion with our engineers in Japan and information gathered from our European dealers we have now confirmed that SLX-140L is compatible with EDM spec Lexus IS. The 8 pin connector which is not included with the SLX-140L is left disconnected as it is for the factory bluetooth mic, which will not be compatible with the new aftermarket radio. An antenna adapter will need to be purchased separately to maintain AM/FM radio reception to the new headunit. Give the install a try as everything should work for your vehicle as it does for the North American spec Lexus IS. We apologize for the confusion.

For all international sales inquiries, we still recommend purchasing directly from our international sales department as the same vehicle models can be different between different countries. One may do so by emailing enquiries@beatsonic.co.jp.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 09-25-18, 03:09 PM
deermake
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,
New to this site, and thinking of purchasing this kit for a US made non-nav 2010 IS 250. Did any of you install this kit?