LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

RR Tune Interest

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-17, 03:16 AM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RR Tune Interest

All,
How many of you would be interested in a Tune from RRRacing?
They are very keen on creating an LS460 Tune similar to their ISF Tune, but need somebody local to PA for an initial development vehicle. Anybody in that area willing?

This would be a great way to tap into some unused power, especially for those who have light exhaust and/or intake modifications AND get rid of that top speed limiter. Anybody feeling generous and in the PA area should reach out and PM them!
Old 03-10-17, 06:22 PM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested. Used to be local to you in West Chester, but in Florida now. Who couldn't use a few more ponies?
Old 03-10-17, 06:56 PM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Any idea what the HP / TQ numbers are with a 93 octane tune? I'm actually looking to do something similar on my A8. What difference forced induction makes. You would not believe what a few pulleys and a tune does to my supercharged 6. 120 HP & 97 TQ. Actually, my engine is already fast. A little faster then the 460 as is. Just amazes me how they can increase boost and a remap for a lot more power. Wait till you guys get to drive the new 460. You will forget about loving a NA engine so much.

Last edited by Lexuslsguy; 03-10-17 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-10-17, 10:32 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

My 460 is my DD and I don't want any problems , but I would love an extra 40-50 hp if that's at all possible

I belive the intake/exhaust would be extremely restrictive on these cars, if we opened those up and got a tune it might be possible to get some decent extra power

I'm in for more details but don't count me in for anything just yet
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (04-09-17)
Old 03-11-17, 03:43 AM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

The exhaust maybe a little but not the intake in my opinion. Headers and a tune I would think would be good for about 40 HP. Maybe even a little more. To my knowledge the stock intake systems on both the 430 & 460 are very well designed .
Old 03-11-17, 05:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

For the isf
https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...isftune001.htm

LONG thread, note their product had Some tweaks over time so some of the earlier answers may be different
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...e-finally.html
Old 03-13-17, 11:12 AM
wakebord99
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
All,
How many of you would be interested in a Tune from RRRacing?
They are very keen on creating an LS460 Tune similar to their ISF Tune, but need somebody local to PA for an initial development vehicle. Anybody in that area willing?

This would be a great way to tap into some unused power, especially for those who have light exhaust and/or intake modifications AND get rid of that top speed limiter. Anybody feeling generous and in the PA area should reach out and PM them!
Hey Jason - Not sure if your representing them but I live in NJ and could be interested in changing the characteristics of my car.

I would be looking to primarily change the speed and shift points of the car, smooth out the power delivery (under-powered until 4k then a kick in the pants now), and keep the differentiation of the driving behavior when in sport mode vs standard modes.

I have a 2009 LS460 AWD with 130k miles. I'm not interested in damaging the car in any way but if we are going to break it.. let's do it now before my warranty goes bye-bye.
Old 03-13-17, 11:40 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

I would love to have the shifting firmed up quite a bit. "Harder" shifts result in the clutches lasting longer, and I don't mind feeling an automatic shifting.

Would be optimal to have it tied to the Power/Snow switch. I had this done on the '05 Cadillac STS I had previously, and the guy who did it got it to shift as quickly as a C5 Corvette. I was happy with this.

Last edited by mckellyb; 04-22-17 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-13-17, 03:46 PM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
My 460 is my DD and I don't want any problems , but I would love an extra 40-50 hp if that's at all possible

I belive the intake/exhaust would be extremely restrictive on these cars, if we opened those up and got a tune it might be possible to get some decent extra power

I'm in for more details but don't count me in for anything just yet
The header design on the 460 is much improved over the 430's log tube design. If you look a the IS-F headers they are very similar to ours pictured below. I've seen dnyo results from the IS-F boards when they gained over 20whp from swapping out the exhaust system.

1WILLY1 (03-28-17)
Old 03-28-17, 04:09 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wakebord99
Hey Jason - Not sure if your representing them but I live in NJ and could be interested in changing the characteristics of my car.

I would be looking to primarily change the speed and shift points of the car, smooth out the power delivery (under-powered until 4k then a kick in the pants now), and keep the differentiation of the driving behavior when in sport mode vs standard modes.

I have a 2009 LS460 AWD with 130k miles. I'm not interested in damaging the car in any way but if we are going to break it.. let's do it now before my warranty goes bye-bye.
Hey there - I do not represent them by any means - just a CL member that's interested in getting a tune done myself but unable to assist because I'm in CA. PLEASE reach out to them (listed the screen name in the original post). All they need is a donor car!

Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-03-17, 10:33 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Anybody in the Northeast? . I've got their number if you want to give em a ring
Old 04-04-17, 12:27 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

sounds good, hopefully someone could be the guinea pig

Id take a 450hp LS over a 500 hp AMG any day of the week
DavidinCT (04-21-17)
Old 04-04-17, 11:56 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I can't imagine seeing much more than like 40 hp, and that would not be such a simple feat, and would include some high dollar hardware. IMHO, it's not worth fiddling with a N/A vehicle.

As much as we may like or not like the LS 500, when it comes to modifying that thing, due to it being turbocharged, I believe it will be easily modified into an ANIMAL, much less expensively than what could be done to 460's. I'll leave mine alone, and keep it smooth and reliable. I'm not going to race anyone from one traffic light to the next, and going above 130 mph is going to be a rare to non-existent event for me ... in the LS.
Old 04-08-17, 11:45 AM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Yup, you're probably right at 40hp. Could probably pick up another 7-10hp if you went catless.

The top speed delete would be nice
Old 04-08-17, 01:42 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
I can't imagine seeing much more than like 40 hp, and that would not be such a simple feat, and would include some high dollar hardware. IMHO, it's not worth fiddling with a N/A vehicle.

As much as we may like or not like the LS 500, when it comes to modifying that thing, due to it being turbocharged, I believe it will be easily modified into an ANIMAL, much less expensively than what could be done to 460's. I'll leave mine alone, and keep it smooth and reliable. I'm not going to race anyone from one traffic light to the next, and going above 130 mph is going to be a rare to non-existent event for me ... in the LS.
That's the only positive thing ive said about the new ls500 in my comments as well

It wont be long till guys swap out those twi turbos for some large singles and you will see 600-700+ HP LS's

I just hope the drive train can handle it otherwise its not going to be cheap

Quick Reply: RR Tune Interest