ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?

Old 02-06-17, 02:29 PM
lxsrltr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?

Hello to Everyone. Been lurking a few weeks here, and have found the amount of great information very enlightening.

Although I have seen older posts on earlier models, I don't think I've seen the latest prices being paid for new ES's.

Care to share?
Old 02-06-17, 04:10 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

The information is several weeks old, but, after I traded my 2013 ES for a 2017 ES I posted a thread, and, in the thread, I included the details about the purchase.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...a-2017-es.html

With the Lexus December to remember promotion, there was a $1000 factory rebate on the 2017 ES, and I don't believe that the rebate is any longer available. Still, I think that this would likely be a good time to buy an ES. Car sales, in general, have been down some, and there are much better discounts available on the ES than there were early in the Generation 6 ES run.
Old 02-08-17, 09:52 AM
lxsrltr
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm...interesting...

Although only a couple days old...very little reply to this thread. I was going to just wait to reply after letting this thread go through the weekend to see if more replied, but....here's maybe a kickstart to discussion....

Surprising, but maybe not surprising to see only one reply so far...seems maybe we aren't buying these things (at least not on this forum)...articles I've seen report up to 25% declines in all model sales across the board from same month last year. One of sales guys I talked with is chalking it up to Lexus' determination to fulfill more suvs, but those numbers seem down too. One article said it might be slow because they sold so many ending last year, making it sound like maybe they're low in inventory?

Thank you Lesz for your response. I do now remember seeing your earlier post. I also acknowledge the base 350 thread from earlier.

Not quite sure what to think...

Kinda interested in an ES, but really curious to what happens next...

As you may have seen in another thread, I am interested to see if an awd comes out, but that may be quite down the road from what some of you think...

Then there's maybe a possibility that more bargaining power will be had with Lexus' slow start of the year.

And, maybe another rebate soon? What do you think?
Old 02-08-17, 01:45 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

There are quite a few people who post regularly here who bought a 2016 ES, including several who bought leftover 2016s near the end of the model year, but there are only a few who post regularly here that I can think of who have bought a 2017 ES so far. So, it probably is unlikely that you are going to get a large number of responses to your question.

In the states in the north, a reason why this is a good time to buy is that, with winter weather, snow on the ground, etc., customer traffic at dealerships is quite low, and dealers are willing to discount more deeply to make a deal when they have a chance to do so. I'm not sure whether the same thing would apply to you in Arizona, though.

I would expect that, as we move through the spring, discounting would be gradually increasing some, but the biggest discounts and factory incentives are likely to come with the annual Lexus promotion that starts some time in July. That period of time is generally the second best time of the year, behind the December to Remember promotions, with regard to both discounting and factory incentives. However, if you wait until late summer to buy a Lexus, you should think about two disadvantages to that timing. First, discounts and factory incentives for 2017 cars in the late summer will be ones that apply to buying a car that will only be a couple of months away from being "last year's model". That means that, almost as soon as you have bought it, it will have taken an extra large hit in terms of its re-sale or trade in value. If you are going to keep the car for 6 or 7 years or more, the difference in value between a 2017 ES and a 2018 ES won't be great, but, if you are planning to keep the car for 3 or 4 years or less, whatever money you save by buying the 2017, instead of waiting for the 2018s, will be, to a large extent, offset by the lower the resale/trade-in value of that car. Also note that, if you wait until the end of summer to buy, the trade-in or re-sale value of the car that you are driving now will, as a car that is 1/2 year older, be less than it is now.

The bottom line is that a better time to buy the ES would have been during the December to Remember promotion when there was a factory rebate and when dealers were discounting more deeply in an effort to build up their 2016 calendar year sales numbers before the start of 2017. However, if I was interested in buying a new ES now, taking into account the factors that I explained above, I would buy it now and not wait for a significant promotion that might or might not come and whose advantages would also be offset by the disadvantages explained above.
Old 02-10-17, 08:58 PM
Brn2fish
Rookie

I am curious too. Since Lexus is repurchasing my 2016 ES 350, I am on the market again and wondering what realistically to expect as far as the discount off MSRP goes. Any ideas?
Old 02-11-17, 06:31 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brn2fish
I am curious too. Since Lexus is repurchasing my 2016 ES 350, I am on the market again and wondering what realistically to expect as far as the discount off MSRP goes. Any ideas?
With apologies for taking an OT detour, I'm curious about what the issues were that are requiring Lexus to buy back your 2016 ES.
Old 02-11-17, 08:14 AM
Brn2fish
Rookie

Originally Posted by lesz
With apologies for taking an OT detour, I'm curious about what the issues were that are requiring Lexus to buy back your 2016 ES.
It was a sound around roof area that took a very long time to fix. There's a thread I started awhile back
Old 04-20-17, 05:49 PM
lxsrltr
Driver School Candidate

So now time has passed a bit....any more buyers willing to share their stories? I know it's much later now in the year...

Do we think there's another bigger rebate coming?
Old 04-21-17, 08:33 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my 2016 in July of 2016... I got a Manuf discount of $3,500 plus the dealer gave me 2K more...
Old 04-21-17, 01:25 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lxsrltr
So now time has passed a bit....any more buyers willing to share their stories? I know it's much later now in the year...

Do we think there's another bigger rebate coming?
If the numbers in this post are correct, I would expect one.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ml#post9841675
Old 04-23-17, 03:29 PM
2017ES350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On 3/25/17 bought our 2017 ES350 that stickered at $42,900 for $40,600 otd. There was a $2k rebate that ended 3/31 and I negotiated another $3800 off to get to that price. There was no trade in. Went looking for a 2016 cpo after months of research. To get a cpo 16 equipped like I wanted would have paid $35-38,000. So in the end I chose brand new for a reasonable upcharge. It was for the wife and she really like the one we picked out. Had it been for me I would have waited, found the right car at the right deal and bought it even if i had to have it shipped from another state. Very nice car but I'll take my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport.
Attached Thumbnails What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?-20170325_190424-1-.jpg   What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?-20170325_190410.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Fizzboy7 (05-03-17)
Old 04-23-17, 04:29 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2017ES350
Went looking for a 2016 cpo after months of research. To get a cpo 16 equipped like I wanted would have paid $35-38,000. So in the end I chose brand new for a reasonable upcharge. .
When I bought my new 2017 UL ES in November, 2016, the same dealer was advertising 2 used CPO 2016 UL ES vehicles as "specials". The advertised "special" prices for those two used 2016s, which both had original MSRPs lower than the new 2017 that I bought, were a few dollars more than what I paid for my brand new 2017 and about $3500 more than the price for which I could have bought a similarly equipped brand new 2016 UL ES. Especially since I bought my car only a few weeks after the 2017s became available, I think that it is remarkable that the discounting on the 2017s was large enough to make their prices lower than the advertised prices of similarly equipped 2016 ESs.

I know that the dealers leave themselves some room for negotiations on CPO vehicles, but I don't think it is nearly as much as on a new vehicle, and I get the feeling that there must be a good number of people who end up buying 1 year old CPO cars for about the same price that they could have bought a brand new current year car.
Old 04-24-17, 07:37 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
When I bought my new 2017 UL ES in November, 2016, the same dealer was advertising 2 used CPO 2016 UL ES vehicles as "specials". The advertised "special" prices for those two used 2016s, which both had original MSRPs lower than the new 2017 that I bought, were a few dollars more than what I paid for my brand new 2017 and about $3500 more than the price for which I could have bought a similarly equipped brand new 2016 UL ES. Especially since I bought my car only a few weeks after the 2017s became available, I think that it is remarkable that the discounting on the 2017s was large enough to make their prices lower than the advertised prices of similarly equipped 2016 ESs.

I know that the dealers leave themselves some room for negotiations on CPO vehicles, but I don't think it is nearly as much as on a new vehicle, and I get the feeling that there must be a good number of people who end up buying 1 year old CPO cars for about the same price that they could have bought a brand new current year car.
Congratulations to you and your wife!
Old 04-26-17, 10:24 AM
JRBZ
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking at a used '13 ESh for 25k with 50k miles....i think its a decent deal
Old 05-02-17, 08:25 PM
sonatine
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually in the process of negotiating some OTD prices for a base ES350 stickered at $40,150. Best quote so far OTD was $38,400.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?