CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 10:05 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts
Default RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Updated 8/21/2018 -- included latest 3IS Stage 2 Supercharger results:

Finally, after six months and over 8000 miles of punishing road and track tuning and testing, we are finally releasing our 3XX Supercharger kit for Lexus IS350/300. Our goal for our Stage I kit was to match the power to weight ratio of the top-of-the range Lexus RC-F, while creating reliable, smooth and seamless levels of power that elevate the IS300/350 into a completely different league of performance.

Ordering Link: http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-R...isxscr1001.htm

Pricing: $6600. Introductory price of $6300, and $6000 for those who have already purchased our tune.

RR450 Stage I Kit Specifications:
  • Power: For the base "Stage I" kit, our customers can expect to make about 430 crank hp, or 360-366whp (wheel horsepower on a Dynojet dyno, SAE correction) at approximately 6.5psi peak boost pressure, 93 pump gas, equipped with standard PPE headers and a standard 2.5” dual exhaust. Please also refer to the Dyno chart below and in the photo gallery for this product. Please also refer to the Dyno chart below for this product.
  • Tuned ECU: We have logged countless development hours perfecting our ECU tune for the IS350 for ultimate reliability and drivability.
  • Supplementary External Fuel computer:User tunable fuel control can be adjusted in real time. In the future this computer even allows us the option to increase injector size, and add true flex fuel control for e85 applications, something that is currently under development.
  • Supercharger:Rotrex Supercharger, c38-91 (largest Rotrex SC). Rotrex SC's are extremely efficient and quiet due to their planetary drive system which spins up to 90,000 rpm, much like a turbocharger. The c38-91 will support up to 500+whp, depending on future staged upgrades we offer. No need to every upgrade your SC to make more power!
  • Dry Sump SC oiling system with Oil Cooler: Our system comes with an autonomous dry sump oiling system and oil cooler, so our system does not require plumbing oil lines to the engine, or adding any additional heat input to the engine’s cooling system.
  • Dedicated Drive System: Our system comes with an autonomous dry sump oiling system and oil cooler, so our system does not require plumbing oil lines to the engine, or adding any additional heat input to the engine’s cooling system.
  • Dedicated Drive System:Rather than using the accessory belt to drive the SC, we designed a dedicated drive system that allows us to achieve the necessary belt tension for a reliable SC drive, without overstressing the alternator, water pump, and AC bearings.
  • Automatic Tensioner System:No need to constantly adjust or tighten the SC belt, our automatic tensioner will maintain proper tension for the life of the belt.
  • High Quality Turbosmart "Big Bubba" billet blow off Valve:Adequate venting is essential for SC responsiveness, reliability, and drivability, so rather than use a cheap plastic or miniature BOV, we went the extra mile and use a premium BOV.
  • Custom Air/Air Intercooler: We use a large intercooler core, and manufacture our intercoolers in-house. These intercoolers are extremely high quality, and are capable of supporting up to 500+whp, so there is no need to ever upgrade!
  • Quality and Warranty:As all our other products, this kit enjoys our well known stringent quality standards for product development, manufacturing and service backed by 2-3 years Rotrex Warranty on SC, plus 1 year warranty on all other components supplied with your kit.

Stage 1 and 2 Dyno Results (Applicable to all models. AWD & RWD. IS/RC/GS latest generation models):

Information about our 3rd Gen IS/RC/GS tunes:

Here is what our tune accomplishes:

(1) Increased rev limiter (particularly on AWD cars that do not require sending in the ECU for transmission tune). The rev limiter in particular is effective at maximizing the "area under the curve," meaning that as you accelerate you will spend more time in the higher HP range of the engine. The dyno graphs show that the 2GR-FSE HP-curve is competely flat from the stock rev limit of 6700 to our recommended 7200 rev limiter!!
(2) +10whp across the RPM range on stock cars, and +15whp on cars equipped with full cat back exhaust
(3) Enhanced throttle mapping, and optimized variable cam timing, ignition maps, and fueling.
(4) IS300 to IS350 conversion tunes -- +39hp with just tuning!!!
(5) All tunes purchased now get a $300 credit towards our supercharger kit once it is released in the Spring.
(6) Base SC kit will make at least 100whp over stock.

Here is a video of what our 7200 rev limit looks like on our 2014 IS350 F-Sport AWD:

And here are some dyno plots, as well as a link to our product page (we will be posting RWD results and additional details in the coming 1-2 weeks):

http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/235.htm

Gains comparing Exhaust/Tune VS Exhaust/Headers/Tune:

Gains comparing our complete Exhaust/Header/Tune Power Package (PPE headers, ARK or Invidia Exhaust) to Stock IS300 and Stock IS350.

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 08-21-18 at 03:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
2ltrgsr (10-17-17), CriMe (01-24-17)
Old 01-24-17, 10:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Almost forgot to mention, we now have our own DynoJet 424x LINX All Wheel Drive Dyno, here is a quick clip of our shop IS350 getting tuned:

The following users liked this post:
CriMe (01-24-17)
Old 01-24-17, 10:23 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Subscribe** hope will receive my OBD programmer tomorrow !! Can't wait to test your Tune ..
Old 01-24-17, 10:27 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Almost forgot to mention, we now have our own DynoJet 424x LINX All Wheel Drive Dyno, here is a quick clip of our shop IS350 getting tuned:

I thought the Lexus you bought in July was RWD ? Will you going to develop the SC kit on RWD or AWD ?
Old 01-24-17, 11:29 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Any plans at developing a tune or anything else for the IS250 crowd?
Old 01-24-17, 12:27 PM
genmaster
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the OBD programmer loading the tune and back to stock. the question is, would lexus be able to know if the car ECU was changed? cars with smart computers during diagnostic may reveal this. But since this is my first lexus I am not sure if anyone knows. perhaps some who who works at Lexus would know
Old 01-24-17, 01:00 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless they do an in-depth analysis I doubt they will notice it. I had 2011 BMW under warranty that I also tuned and the dealer never noticed it. I have 2106 is300 now still under warranty and my tune just arrived today and is waiting for me to open it up and install when I get home!
Old 01-24-17, 02:43 PM
new2jdm
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you test 7200 vs 7400 rev limit and find any differences?
Old 01-24-17, 04:11 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ToDesi
Unless they do an in-depth analysis I doubt they will notice it. I had 2011 BMW under warranty that I also tuned and the dealer never noticed it. I have 2106 is300 now still under warranty and my tune just arrived today and is waiting for me to open it up and install when I get home!
Can you let us know how it goes? Im very interested in getting one.
Old 01-24-17, 06:24 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mesh704
I thought the Lexus you bought in July was RWD ? Will you going to develop the SC kit on RWD or AWD ?
Yes, the kit will work with both. There are minor differences between the 2 models that affect installation, but we have already taken that into account with our design.

Originally Posted by brendanf
Any plans at developing a tune or anything else for the IS250 crowd?
We will gladly do an IS250 tune, but we would need some access to a local IS250. We are located in the Philly area.

Originally Posted by new2jdm
Did you test 7200 vs 7400 rev limit and find any differences?
Our policy concerning the redline is that we recommend sticking to 7200 rather than 7400 as a matter of long term reliability. If you absolutely must have a 7400 rev limiter, we can do it, but I want to be very clear that we do not recommend it.

-Rafi

Old 01-25-17, 10:50 AM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This is awesome stuff, I'll be monitoring this closely! Thinking hypothetically several months down the line - will you guys be offering the SC install as well for customers who are local to you ?
Old 01-25-17, 09:02 PM
14ISFSPORT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for is250 love sc kit please
Old 01-26-17, 04:14 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by CriMe
This is awesome stuff, I'll be monitoring this closely! Thinking hypothetically several months down the line - will you guys be offering the SC install as well for customers who are local to you ?
Absolutely, when we formally introduce the kit we can do local installs at in introductory price.

Also, we will be offering credit towards the SC. So if you buy the any of our 3IS tuning products now, you get $300 towards the SC down the road, should you decide to upgrade to our SC.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-26-17 at 09:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CriMe (01-26-17)
Old 01-26-17, 08:07 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Thanks Rafi and Simon I did receive mine today .. Can't wait to test it out

RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development-photo74.jpg
RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development-photo364.jpg
RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development-photo757.jpg

Last edited by Mesh704; 01-26-17 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-26-17, 07:25 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Very interested in purchasing the tune. Do we purchase it through your website? I only found the tune for 06-13 IS. I have a 2014 IS350 RWD so I just want to make sure I am purchasing the right product.

thanks

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development