GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Ebay lips fit non f-sport bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-16, 07:12 PM
nnguyen04
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebay lips fit non f-sport bumper?

Will ebay lip listed for just f-sport bumper fit a non f-sport ? I looked and it seem like the same on bottom. Hardly can tell the difference between non f-sport and f-sport bumper.

Looking at these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-Style-Fron...hVd5zF&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SK-Style-Fro...VT~nSx&vxp=mtr

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-28-16, 10:36 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't think any F sport specific front lips are compatible with non f sport bumpers.
Old 07-28-16, 11:36 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

FSP and Non F front bumpers are completely different and I don't think it'll fit.
Old 07-28-16, 11:44 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Actually there was one member here that test fitted the fsport ebay lip to his non fsport. According to him, the sides fit perfectly. The only thing was the mid section didn't sit flush to the bumper and lip as seen in the picture. Here is the picture I've got. I was thinking the l-style ebay lip might be a better fit since it doesn't look like it has the raised contours (to mold with the fsport mid bumper section) as the ebay non-l-style lip.

Old 07-29-16, 06:27 AM
nnguyen04
Driver School Candidate

same here, I am thinking about getting the L style one and try to fab it to fit if needed. Anyone got input on that? the middle section is just raised a little right?
Old 07-31-16, 04:09 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

If it doesn't sit against anything or taped down, the downforce wind will probably just tear it down even further as you drive.
Old 07-31-16, 08:07 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes it does fit 80% the other 20 is the center part that needs to be trimmed to give it that oem fitment and sit flush i will mess around with it and get back to you on this...I was trying to sell it but if no one buys it I'll keep it and make it a test model.@viperr thanks buddy
Old 07-31-16, 08:34 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boostinsc
Yes it does fit 80% the other 20 is the center part that needs to be trimmed to give it that oem fitment and sit flush i will mess around with it and get back to you on this...I was trying to sell it but if no one buys it I'll keep it and make it a test model.@viperr thanks buddy
No problem boostinsc, thanks for chiming in. Didn't want to throw member names around without safely asking. Modding the ebay fsport lip is still on my project list but right now I am focusing on raising funds for my exhaust first (darn wife has me on a budget!)

Originally Posted by GSLexTexas
If it doesn't sit against anything or taped down, the downforce wind will probably just tear it down even further as you drive.
I wouldn't rely on tape as I would add additional nuts and bolts/screws (or use any of the existing oem holes under the bumper and drill new ones in the lip to line it up) to mount the lip.
Old 08-24-16, 06:53 AM
nnguyen04
Driver School Candidate

So did anyone installed the Lexon replica lip on their non-fsport bumper? Seem like it would fit.
Old 02-05-17, 09:16 PM
maveriCK..
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

bump this up! any updates?
Old 02-06-17, 11:04 PM
jsndin
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the fitment on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber...NUUJXb&vxp=mtr
Old 02-15-17, 10:02 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Going back to the L-style lip fitment, I believe this might just work with minimal adjustment after looking at the pictures. From when bootinsc did the test fitment of the SKP style lip, it seems that the only issue was the mid section which for this lip is highly contoured to mold into f-sport bumper. The L-style lip has a more flat and minimal contoured design which leads me to believe that there wouldn't be the big gap that the SKP style caused for the test fitment. With that being said, I plan on taking this project on with the L-style lip in the next month or so...just thought I'd share my 2 cents for now.

The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (02-16-17)
Old 02-16-17, 08:15 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr
Going back to the L-style lip fitment, I believe this might just work with minimal adjustment after looking at the pictures. From when bootinsc did the test fitment of the SKP style lip, it seems that the only issue was the mid section which for this lip is highly contoured to mold into f-sport bumper. The L-style lip has a more flat and minimal contoured design which leads me to believe that there wouldn't be the big gap that the SKP style caused for the test fitment. With that being said, I plan on taking this project on with the L-style lip in the next month or so...just thought I'd share my 2 cents for now.
Good luck!
Old 02-16-17, 05:58 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr
Glad to hear that you're tackling this...would love to hear how the L-Style fits on the non-F bumper (and see any pics of a finished product!). Fellow member ItzFilyO recently commented on how great the fitment was on the affordable L-Style lip off eBay but he has an F-Sport: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rt-bumper.html.

I did look carefully at the pics of a GS F-Sport and a non-F Sport to see the curvature difference and it is minimal however not sure how the mounting portion will work considering those differences. There aren't that many "affordable" lip kits for the non-F sport bumper out there...Hope to hear from you about the results of your test soon
Old 02-24-17, 11:42 PM
Markcma3
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Been playing with a Aimgain Lip trying to mold it and shape sand it down to conform to the non FSport bumper, flat. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Ebay lips fit non f-sport bumper?