Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Headers actually work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-16, 06:55 AM
gFREAKy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE Headers actually work?

Did lots of searching last night and everyone was saying that the PPE Headers give you solid power gains. I couldn't find anyone saying they didn't.

I was under the impression that they didn't get you any gains because that's what I read a long time ago.

So...do they work?
Old 06-09-16, 01:52 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Yes, you get REAL gains.

Where did you come under the impression they did not give gains? I don't recall EVER seeing evidence of zero gains in power. Where did you read that?
Old 06-09-16, 01:55 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by AZ JB
Yes, you get REAL gains.

Where did you come under the impression they did not give gains? I don't recall EVER seeing evidence of zero gains in power. Where did you read that?
It was on clublex some time ago. I have an 06 is350 and I've been following the modding community for a long time. And I remember the thread talking about how the PPE Headers failed and were a waste of money. But last night when I was researching I couldn't find anything but good reviews so I as confused lol. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it
Old 06-10-16, 09:02 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been on since 2011. Have always read that PPE was the only headers that gives proven gains. I do recall a thread where it was being compared to Megans. And that people didnt Test the PPE enough and thought it was a hoax. Little did they know
Old 06-10-16, 10:35 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Like Icy said, there was a recent thread where someone was trying to compare PPE headers to another brand (I think it was actually Mazzuri, but could have been Megan) and because the other set didn't yield gains the OP assumed that PPE's wouldn't either. I assure you, as I have them on my car and have dynoed my car before and after, PPE headers DO yield solid gains.
Old 06-10-16, 08:36 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Having a '06 IS350 with the only mod to the exhaust being the PPE headers (catless), I can say you will expect gains AND a bump in exhaust volume at all rpms.
Old 06-11-16, 09:29 AM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been debating on getting PPE headers. I live in San Diego though so emissions laws suck and I don't know if I really wanna swap them out for stock any time I need to do a smog check.
Old 06-11-16, 10:56 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

PPE headers are the #1 headers out there. They are hand made to order right in the US and backed by a company that really knows there stuff. We have some pretty great deals on the PPE line right now.

As for the SMOG issue, California laws suck. But alot of people switch back and forth and others just know "somebody" to help them out when that time comes.
1-855-998-8726
Old 06-17-16, 05:04 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
PPE headers are the #1 headers out there. They are hand made to order right in the US and backed by a company that really knows there stuff. We have some pretty great deals on the PPE line right now.

As for the SMOG issue, California laws suck. But alot of people switch back and forth and others just know "somebody" to help them out when that time comes.
Thanks ill check em out!
Old 08-07-16, 09:12 AM
Deezis250
Driver School Candidate

I've got Ppe headers on my is there great I love them.
Old 08-22-16, 02:16 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deezis250
I've got Ppe headers on my is there great I love them.
Any Videos?
Old 10-02-16, 12:40 PM
mattmatt57
Driver School Candidate

Gets Really hot in the engine bay. mine came with them
Old 10-05-16, 07:14 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I received my PPE headers a couple days ago and although they look ok at first but the clean up seems like an after thought and is really half assed. I specifically opted to spend twice as much to get the PPE headers vs the Chinese knock offs on ebay to avoid this potential problem. If what I have is a proper representation of what they sell then I could see how they might not make expected gains.
Old 10-05-16, 11:33 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DickH
I received my PPE headers a couple days ago and although they look ok at first but the clean up seems like an after thought and is really half assed. I specifically opted to spend twice as much to get the PPE headers vs the Chinese knock offs on ebay to avoid this potential problem. If what I have is a proper representation of what they sell then I could see how they might not make expected gains.
HI Richard,

Sorry your are not happy with the headers. If there is an issue with them please let me know and we can fix them for you before they are installed. Send me an email and I will take a look at anything that concerns you. sales@ppeengineering.com Sorry for the long wait time as well.
Old 10-06-16, 10:12 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I appreciate the offer however it will just be quicker and easier for me to take care of it on my end. I have already dropped the headers off elsewhere to get cleaned up and coated so I don't have them in front of me to share pics of what im talking about. The ports and area around the flange are pretty messy (especially for being tig welded?) and there are minimal marks from what I assume was someone running a flap wheel in and out real quick,. There is a noticeable lip on the inside of the collector where it should exit, seems like someone pushed the tube into the collector and welded it into place instead of making it fit properly. I am not sure if this can be fixed without cutting up the headers. The last main thing I would have done differently is that the spike in the collector (can't remember if it was just one or both) doesn't appear to be ideally aligned with the exit. One thing that you might be able to help me with is I had assumed there would be all the necessary gaskets as "gaskets" was listed in whats included. I was unable to find manifold gaskets, are these normally included?
The following users liked this post:
2013FSport (01-06-18)

Quick Reply: PPE Headers actually work?