RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Remote start with just the remote!!

Old 01-05-16, 04:57 PM
KANG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Remote start with just the remote!!

hey guys. i just tried this on my 16 rx350 f sport. the car starts with just the key fob!! press the lock botton 3 times, the 3rd time u hold it for like 3 seconds, the car beeped and car starts. people at the dealership never told me this. so its the same as in my father's 2010 rx350. im not sure if it still works when the lexus enform remote start free trial ends, but i think it will still work.

Last edited by KANG; 01-07-16 at 07:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KANG:
curtind1 (01-24-21), ravnorodom (01-23-23)
Old 01-05-16, 05:07 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

I would double check this, as the newer Lexus do come with it, however it needs an Active Enform subscription. If you do a search on the other L-finesse models you`ll know what Im talking about.
Old 01-06-16, 01:49 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Having to have an active Enform subscription should not make a difference unless Lexus went out of it's way to make it so. The fob based remote start feature should not involve Enform.

But Lexus does like to sell it's Enform services so . . . . .

Last edited by RXOwner; 01-06-16 at 06:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RXOwner:
curtind1 (01-24-21), westfw (01-05-23)
Old 01-06-16, 05:08 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

another topic talks about this and agrees that the only way for remote start to work is if you have an active subscription to Enform.

KANG, did you ever set up your enform services? It may have been set up for you already as well. That would be nice to have remote start without that service though. Hopefully they change it.
Old 01-06-16, 05:46 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I just read in the NX forum where an actual owner posted that his fob still remote starts the engine after he let his Enform services expire.

I just received my Enform renewal and am trying to decide whether to renew or not. It'll cost $219.95/yr dropping the destinations service.
Old 01-06-16, 06:15 AM
cmartinez
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KANG
hey guys. i just tried this on my 16 rx350 f sport. the car starts with just the remote!! press the lock botton 3 times, the 3rd time u hold it for like 3 seconds, the car beeped and car starts. people at the dealership never told me this. so its the same as in my father's 2010 rx350. im not sure if it still works when the lexus enform remote start free trial ends, but i think it will still work.
Wish I would have seen this two days ago. We JUST setup our enform service. I would have liked to have tried this before we did that. I don't see how it would tie into that since it's from the fob to the RX, but guess we'll see once someone with no active subscription confirms!
Old 01-06-16, 11:38 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cmartinez
Wish I would have seen this two days ago. We JUST setup our enform service. I would have liked to have tried this before we did that. I don't see how it would tie into that since it's from the fob to the RX, but guess we'll see once someone with no active subscription confirms!
Though fob remote start is good to have as standard now the distance will be limited in range. The enform service works at unlimited range and is more like a notification service for the status about your vehicle remotely with an option to help me "find my car" (cool, but not worth 90/yr)
Old 01-06-16, 11:55 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by unowned
Though fob remote start is good to have as standard now the distance will be limited in range. The enform service works at unlimited range and is more like a notification service for the status about your vehicle remotely with an option to help me "find my car" (cool, but not worth 90/yr)
More than worth it to me just to know I have not left a door or window unlocked. The firearms are worth way more than $90! Not to mention ipad and other items. The rest of Enform functions are just gravy
Old 01-06-16, 11:56 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

^ true but who wants to pay a yearly subscription free. Rather spend it on an aftermarket system
Old 01-06-16, 12:14 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by coolsaber
^ true but who wants to pay a yearly subscription free. Rather spend it on an aftermarket system
I do.

My neighbors "after market system" goes off when ever it get cold or hot.
Old 01-06-16, 12:39 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

We have a 2015 ES350 that didn't have the capability to remote fob start without activating the Enform services.

Originally Posted by unowned
Well...it's actually $219.95/year, but it's about $80 additional to the $139.95/year for Safety Connect.
Old 01-06-16, 03:01 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

$219.95 includes remote, safety connect, and also service connect.

Here is the link for Lexus Enform http://www.lexus.com/enform/?tab=suite

Click on PRICING/REGISTRATION for various price packages after the 1 year complimentary period expires. Minimum current yearly price for the remote is $219.95, but also includes Safety Connect and Service Connect. Best value is the complete package $344.90 which also includes Destinations. Either package in my opinion is worth it. One night out on the town cost that much, and this is for an entire year.
Old 01-06-16, 06:57 PM
KANG

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
another topic talks about this and agrees that the only way for remote start to work is if you have an active subscription to Enform.

KANG, did you ever set up your enform services? It may have been set up for you already as well. That would be nice to have remote start without that service though. Hopefully they change it.
yea. i have the enform remote service set up.
Old 01-06-16, 07:18 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just tried it and works, but I do have Enform set up already... Also, to turn off the car, just repeat the sequence again.
Old 01-07-16, 03:20 AM
RON7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have enform activated but hand held remote did not start RX. Tried
locking locking 3 times and holding third lock push. Any ideas
what went wrong. It does work using the I-Pad app.
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote start with just the remote!!