Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-17, 12:27 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by daniellina
hell yeah dude looks clean!
Thanks bro!
Old 06-26-17, 04:25 PM
TomoG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheddy
With the down pipe you will feel the full effect of the tune as i did and also as you can see from my dyno results. The re-flash should definitely feel a lot more responsive than the VRTuned piggyback as well. Keep us updated on the progress and stay safe with that heat wave

Thanks for the elaborated description! This tune is very conservative, so it may not feel as powerful as the (now scrapped) OV tune, but it is also a lot safer on the motor and not to mention fuel efficiency is not affected greatly. The stock mid-pipe and Joe Z axle back should do the trick since a lot of people fail to realize that back pressure can be a good thing on these small turbo setups. Eventually when you decide to go with the Stage 2 tune and down pipe it will fix that low RPM drag that you are experiencing as well as give you more power up top.

TTI has a lot in store for us in the upcoming months. Tony has mentioned to me about a charge pipe upgrade, TTI air intake as well as TTI's own axle back system in the works.
Sheddy, love all the info you are helping bring to the forum. Quick question though, when you say that the TTI tune is a lot safer on the motor, did your datalogs suggest something was dangerous with other tunes (I'm assuming you're comparing against all the piggybacks since nobody actually got an official OV tune)? Also, is anyone doing any datalogs on their TTI tunes just to check if everything is okay? From what I understand, the TTI tune is only a reflash and no adjustments are made for specific cars which is what makes me hesitant on ordering it. Sorry if my questions seem strange, I'm coming from a Honda background where there's a plethora of information out there to work with.
Old 06-26-17, 05:40 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TomoG
Sheddy, love all the info you are helping bring to the forum. Quick question though, when you say that the TTI tune is a lot safer on the motor, did your datalogs suggest something was dangerous with other tunes (I'm assuming you're comparing against all the piggybacks since nobody actually got an official OV tune)? Also, is anyone doing any datalogs on their TTI tunes just to check if everything is okay? From what I understand, the TTI tune is only a reflash and no adjustments are made for specific cars which is what makes me hesitant on ordering it. Sorry if my questions seem strange, I'm coming from a Honda background where there's a plethora of information out there to work with.
No problem, I enjoy doing the research and testing of these products. I say that the TTI tune is safe because it doesn't just increase the parameters to make the most power (boost, timing and fuel) from the motor, but it also adjusts other components that make it a lot more efficient as well. I don't know if you are familiar with the VW/ Audi scene, but there are several re-flash companies that make a "set tune" for these cars without having them tuned specific to that vehicle and they work great. Another example will be the factory ECU tune, each car is not tuned any differently than the other. I do agree that dyno tuning is the way to go, but unfortunately we don't have that option yet since re-flashing a Toyota ECU is a fairly new feature. I believe that IS200TFOWL had his car done with live datalogging when Tony (TTI tuner) went to California recently and the car is running just fine with the tune. I've been running the tune for several months now and I haven't experience any hiccups thus far.
Old 06-27-17, 03:40 PM
TomoG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your guys cars are running well. I'm definitely not an expert so I have to rely on the expertise of the tuner with regards to ECU modifications. However, I do want whoever is tuning my car to actually check what's going on with it after said changes are made. The tuner on my previous car did over 30 reflashes to fine tune the Map to my specific car. He did this same thing to all our cars since no car is identical (although some had the same parts). Maybe the ECU's on Toyota and as you mentioned VW/Audi are more complex and can accommodate more variables than Honda's? I'll have to do more research on this, thanks!
Old 06-27-17, 05:03 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I totally agree that no 2 cars are identical. Live datalogging and dyno tuning would definitely be the best option, but like I said this is a new concept and unfortunately we don't have access to a US based tuner at the moment. The remote tune has been proven to make power and drivability has improved over the stock form, it's just a lot more fun!

Almost 32 MPG with a Stage 2 reflash, down pipe, intake and axle back exhaust.
Old 06-27-17, 05:40 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

What? I get 19 MPG on average with my stock car commuting weekly to and from work via I75 south and Miami. This is one aspect of the car that I find shocking, thought mpg would have been better for a 4 cylinder. Granted, I don't drive it like a grandma but I don't abuse it either.
Old 06-27-17, 06:30 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EXE46
What? I get 19 MPG on average with my stock car commuting weekly to and from work via I75 south and Miami. This is one aspect of the car that I find shocking, thought mpg would have been better for a 4 cylinder. Granted, I don't drive it like a grandma but I don't abuse it either.
This was a turnpike run from Red road to Commercial blvd averaging around 80mph on normal mode. I average around 22-24 mpg city driving and I don't drive like a grandma either lol.
Old 06-27-17, 06:37 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

That's weird I drive from Pines to Doral daily, granted lots of traffic but I only saw 20mpg maybe twice since i had this car man....maybe I'm pushing it too hard..
Old 06-27-17, 06:59 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EXE46
That's weird I drive from Pines to Doral daily, granted lots of traffic but I only saw 20mpg maybe twice since i had this car man....maybe I'm pushing it too hard..
Thats the beauty of this tune. I can get great MPG even with the bolt ons I have. I am sure having more power to get up to speed plays a factor.
Old 06-27-17, 10:12 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,586 Posts

The MPG after start is easy to get even with a 500hp z06 big bore v8.

MPG after long term is what you should be looking at. over a tank of fuel.

I did a 100mile round trip all highway (two in fact) in my 200t and got 50.1mpg and 53 mpg respectively going about 60mph and gingerly using the throttle. I saved a pic somewhere. That was a short term OBC readout "After Start" ... meaning when I left the house.
Old 06-27-17, 10:16 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,586 Posts

and btw low load, low rpm, the engine will switch ignition cycles and run lean and no turbo boost being added. so still very easy to get stock MPG even when tuned hard.
Old 06-28-17, 01:20 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
The MPG after start is easy to get even with a 500hp z06 big bore v8.

MPG after long term is what you should be looking at. over a tank of fuel.

I did a 100mile round trip all highway (two in fact) in my 200t and got 50.1mpg and 53 mpg respectively going about 60mph and gingerly using the throttle. I saved a pic somewhere. That was a short term OBC readout "After Start" ... meaning when I left the house.
Originally Posted by E46CT
and btw low load, low rpm, the engine will switch ignition cycles and run lean and no turbo boost being added. so still very easy to get stock MPG even when tuned hard.
People are under the impression that being tuned or having aftermarket performance parts would affect their MPG, so I wanted to share this information. Of course if you were to drive more aggressively then it would be a different outcome, but that can also happen with an unmodified motor as well.

I appreciate your constructive criticism.
Old 06-28-17, 04:25 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Regarding the MPG

Reference value by your instrument Cluster it's feasible

One of the objective ways is.....refill the fuel tank and reset meter to "zero", next time refill full tank your can try to use divide the mileage by the amount of gallons

FYI
Old 06-28-17, 04:34 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

We are using on the VW MK7 GTI and AUDI S3 EA888 Gen3 turbo engine intake system , now we put it on 8ARFTS engine.

The intake noise will be more quiet .

P.S. Not release yet

The following 2 users liked this post by TTITony:
daniellina (06-28-17), Sheddy (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 05:43 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTITony
Regarding the MPG

Reference value by your instrument Cluster it's feasible

One of the objective ways is.....refill the fuel tank and reset meter to "zero", next time refill full tank your can try to use divide the mileage by the amount of gallons

FYI
Yup! I will monitor this tank and give you guys an update.

This was this morning with a bit of traffic.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune