Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 07:59 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
nope but its fair to say that the DP am using is a smart design, the sensor sits in a small compartment that is lightly perforated which only passes little gases, this in turn makes it a permanent solution to never get a CEL light though I have to say on warm up the car is abit loud but after that its all good, don't forget i have invidia mid pipe and Q300 cat
Ok great, so you pretty much have a full turbo back exhaust system. Does the car feel a bit more responsive with the DP, and does the fumes smell strong in the cabin or with the windows down?..Thanks
Old 04-13-17, 10:19 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Nope, i will not advise running a piggyback together with a re flash. The re flash will give you better gains
I think in the BMW world they run both so they can switch maps on the fly, etc. go to stock, go to race and stuff.
Old 04-13-17, 10:20 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

still waiting for your dyno sheddy! i wanna see how you do against a stock IS350 too. that's what I'm waiting for.

popcorn in hand!

do you have any 14+ (or even older) 350 friends who can meet at the track for a 0-100 race? also 60-130 (of course at the track)
Old 04-13-17, 11:16 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Ok great, so you pretty much have a full turbo back exhaust system. Does the car feel a bit more responsive with the DP, and does the fumes smell strong in the cabin or with the windows down?..Thanks
No smell inside whatsoever and the car super responsive and torquy also i feel car is much more fuel efficient

Originally Posted by E46CT
still waiting for your dyno sheddy! i wanna see how you do against a stock IS350 too. that's what I'm waiting for.

popcorn in hand!

do you have any 14+ (or even older) 350 friends who can meet at the track for a 0-100 race? also 60-130 (of course at the track)
I have done this already with only bolt-ons and no tune yet, and he is not so far ahead so am guessing with any stage tune 350 will be smoked
Old 04-13-17, 02:03 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

popcorn in hand!

I'll try and get the dyno done next week when i'm free

No smell inside whatsoever and the car super responsive and torquey also i feel car is much more fuel efficient
Great news!
Old 04-13-17, 02:52 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

nope but its fair to say that the DP am using is a smart design, the sensor sits in a small compartment that is lightly perforated which only passes little gases, this in turn makes it a permanent solution to never get a CEL light though I have to say on warm up the car is abit loud but after that its all good, don't forget i have invidia mid pipe and Q300 cat

is that the tti pipe?
Old 04-13-17, 03:31 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Great news!
What's your preliminary guess? Think you'll put out higher peak gains and higher max #s than BMS piggy back?

(assuming you use the same dyno as you did w/ BMS and similar conditions)

I'll guess 5 more whp and 8 more wtq over BMS (max) and slightly better low end (useable power) due to tuning of additional parameters over a piggyback. just my guess! Of course #s wont tell the whole story. Useability and power increase over the entire RPM range is what counts--along w/ faster shifts.
Old 04-13-17, 04:16 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey Nuke, would it be possible for you to post a sound clip of your exhaust? Im curious on how it sounds and how loud it is. Thanks!
Old 04-13-17, 05:15 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
is that the tti pipe?
If you look at the previous page I posted up the 2 different downpipes that's available from TTI.

What's your preliminary guess? Think you'll put out higher peak gains and higher max #s than BMS piggy back?

I'll guess 5 more whp and 8 more wtq over BMS (max) and slightly better low end (useable power) due to tuning of additional parameters over a piggyback. just my guess! Of course #s wont tell the whole story. Useability and power increase over the entire RPM range is what counts--along w/ faster shifts.
haha I'm hoping for more than that....I would definitely say that the piggyback felt like it made more torque but horsepower wise the reflash should be on top.
Old 04-13-17, 05:55 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I think the re-flash is going to pick up more horsepower if anything. I actually doubt the TTI stage one w/ downpipe will make more than 270 ft lbs of torque which is what the Vrtuned and (bms prototype) are doing. I noticed something about the TTI stage one with downpipe. I hope I'm wrong, Ill say the 240HP is great but the 337NM sounds really low. The 337NM equals 248TQ which seems extremely low for a turbo car. Maybe I'm wrong and the 337NM is actually 337TQ which I hope is the case, that would be insane!! I just don't understand how you can put out 240HP but only do 248TQ with tuning which makes me think maybe they're doing more engine tuning than turbo tuning. There's something really really goofy about that because turbo cars usually have 50-100 more TQ than HP when tuned. I'm sure stage two will take care of this torque problem but if not then ill probably just hold onto my Vrtune because turbos are all about low end torque. I want to buy the TTI stage two tune, I'm just waiting for someone to dyno the tune in the USA to see what it reads

Old 04-14-17, 12:38 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
Hey Nuke, would it be possible for you to post a sound clip of your exhaust? Im curious on how it sounds and how loud it is. Thanks!
sure buddy will have that done for every one next week as am going to share a full built thread

Great news!
Get it done bro its giving the car a nice sporty feel plus the power addition
Old 04-14-17, 08:42 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

This is SARD racing sport cat downpipe for IS/RC200t. Its only $1200 US

The following users liked this post:
Nigel-JDMParts (04-17-17)
Old 04-15-17, 03:53 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

I had the opportunity to drive a 2017 IS200T f sport and found out something really interesting. The 2017 IS200T has launch control! They're might not be a button for it so to speak but hear me out. It's two step SO If you turn off traction control (completely) in sport mode and floor the brake pedal (hold) with the gas pedal floored (hold). As soon as you do this the first time your rpm's will jump up to 2.3k and then jump back down to 0 RPM but If you kept the brake and gas floored after it jumped down to 0 RPM it'll slowly build the rpm's back up to 2k. It'll STAY at 2k RPM for as long as you want all you have to do at that point is let off the brake and your gone. Sounds like launch control to me. Launching it at 2k rpm feels awesome and it really helps with the 0-60 mph. I need someone to see if this is the same for the 2016 200T Fsport.

I own a 2016 IS200T Fsport conversion and if I floor the brake and gas the rpm's go up to 6k and burn out now I think id prefer it that way because I can launch it at any rpm.
Old 04-16-17, 11:55 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

pretty sure if you floor the gas and brake on any automatic car, the rpm doesn't go up to 6k.

your description also sounds very weird. the rpms go to 2k then 0 then 2k again? uh what.

you can launch this car by simply brake and gas at the same time, let boost build--you kind of have to guess as you can't see the boost gauge with the trac off. so just hold it a good while.
Old 04-16-17, 08:38 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

pretty sure if you floor the gas and brake on any automatic car, the rpm doesn't go up to 6k.

your description also sounds very weird. the rpms go to 2k then 0 then 2k again? uh what.

you can launch this car by simply brake and
gas at the same time, let boost build--you kind of have to guess as you can't see the boost gauge with the trac off. so just hold it a good while.
Well at least in my car car if I brake boost as soon as I hit 2.2k rpms I'll start to lose traction and burn out as my rpms increase, maybe not 6k but definitely up there.

I was was given a 2017 Is200t f sport as a service demo so I though I'd have some fun and do a small burn out. When I floored both the brake and gas after the rpms hit about 2.3k it then suddenly jumps down to 0 rpm then slowly builds back up settling at 2k rpms. It'll stay at 2k while the gas pedals floored. At that point all I had to do was let off the brake and launch.

My friend has a Jeep grand Cherokee SRT with launch control. When you hit the launch control button it tells you to depress the gas and brake fully then it builds the rpms to 2k. At that point all you do is let off the brake.

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 04-16-17 at 08:44 PM.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune