RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Ventilated Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-15, 04:52 PM
exbmwlover
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Ventilated Seat

When I'm using my ventilated seats the bottom of the seat is nice and cool but it feels like the my back is being heated.

Does anyone notice this or should I have it checked out?

Old 05-17-15, 04:04 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel the same way.. But i dont think the back is being heated though. Remeber the back doesn't get vantilated. Just the butt area
Old 05-17-15, 06:06 PM
exbmwlover
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cobbyy
I feel the same way.. But i dont think the back is being heated though. Remeber the back doesn't get vantilated. Just the butt area
Thanks! Just wasn't sure....
Old 05-17-15, 06:14 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

The back part of the seat should be ventilated, it's just very faint. I noticed that when your back presses against the seat, it blocks the air so it feels very weak. If you lean forward or adjust lumbar to none, you can hear them working and feel it better. Play around with your seating position. It also depends on the clothing you're wearing.
Old 05-18-15, 04:19 PM
exbmwlover
Driver School Candidate

Thanks dchar! Your correct I can feel the air in the back of the seat. just leaned forward and reduced the lumbar support.
Old 05-20-15, 11:38 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Weirdest thing! This happened to me today for the first time. I always have ventilation on lowest setting. I got in the car and drove away, the top of the seat between shoulder blades...

Very HOT!???
Seriously.

I felt it with my hand, as if the ventilation was shorting the heating elements.
It stayed hot a while after I turned off ventilation.
Then it cooled.

Service check soon.

Any others experience this?
Old 05-21-15, 12:00 AM
cobbyy
Driver

So i wasnt the only one feeling this.. Hmmm..
Old 05-29-15, 04:44 PM
IdahoRC
Driver School Candidate

Had this happen to me on my way home. The bottom of the seat was cooling but mid back the seat got very hot. Turning it off did cut the heat and then it would come right back when I turned it on. Got home and let the car sit for a bit, then took it out again to see if it came back and it seemed to be gone.
Old 06-01-15, 05:52 PM
odist
Rookie

This happened to me. To make sure I turned on the ventilation on the passenger side too, no one sitting in it. It warms up at the same spot as the driver side. Just below shoulder blade area. The seat portion is cool and you can feel the air. The back (Warmer part) is not emitting air, but just hot. Turned the switch on and off, but still gets hot in the the back. Finally, turned the car off for about 10 minutes. Turned it back on, and the problem went away. However, I feel that this problem will return.

Last edited by odist; 06-01-15 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-02-15, 05:33 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Happening to me as well. I live in Arizona and we are hitting triple digits. The RC seems to heat up inside significantly more than my previous vehicles (Honda/Infiniti). Not sure why. Regardless, there's definitely a "hot spot" in the back of the seat. The airflow is faint on highest setting but that one "intense" spot is about midway up my back. I'm 6'2".

ETA: I see OP has "playa" interior like I do. No way it's associated with that, right?
Old 06-02-15, 06:41 AM
IdahoRC
Driver School Candidate

My interior is Playa as well, doubt it has anything to do with it but you never know.
Old 06-02-15, 06:52 AM
mnewxcv
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I wonder of there is something mechanical or electronic other than the seat heater causing the hot spot. something relating to the ventilation system, resistors, etc.
Old 06-02-15, 10:48 AM
odist
Rookie

My RC is all black interior
Old 06-02-15, 11:02 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

My driver seat has been cooling fine on both areas of the seat, however I rode in my passenger seat for the first time and the shoulder blade part was not cooling while the butt area was. I'll have to test the passenger seat again and see if the problem persists.
Old 06-04-15, 08:41 PM
Fishman350
Driver School Candidate

Just used my vented seats on high for the first time today as the temps finally got to a point in Denver where I could use them and I experienced the exact same thing. Cooling on the seat and it got very hot about where my shoulder blades are. It was uncomfortable enough that I was cooler leaving them off. I take it into the dealer for the 5k checkup soon. Curious what others experience and/or hear from the dealer about this issue.

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seat