GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How to stop windows from rolling down!? Need help or assistance

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 07:11 PM
GsDreamz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to stop windows from rolling down!? Need help or assistance

Yes I just got my 2 gen gs its a 2001 but the issue I have is I had disconnected the battery to do some electrical work right. Once done plugged battery back up, but now every time I
Close driver door I walk away and all my windows roll down . Including the sunroof, I know it's a feature of the vehicle but the funny thing is that I don't own the remote key . My key is just a plain key, I do plan on getting the remote key but for now that I don't , can anyone assist me with help on fixing this issue . Thanks
Old 02-03-14, 08:16 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of work was done? Stand outside the drivers door with all the windows down and the sunroof open, put your key in the drivers side and turn the key to the right and hold it their, your windows and sunroof should all go back up and get in start the car and get out and shut the door,it will possibly reset it, if that don't work and they come back down, get in the car turn the key to the accel position and wind up each window at each door all the way up and hold it for a few second in the up position AFTER the window closes, if u worked on any of the windows make sure the connections are right at that door...
The following users liked this post:
Kimrae (07-21-23)
Old 03-03-14, 09:10 PM
GsDreamz
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlockoV8
What kind of work was done? Stand outside the drivers door with all the windows down and the sunroof open, put your key in the drivers side and turn the key to the right and hold it their, your windows and sunroof should all go back up and get in start the car and get out and shut the door,it will possibly reset it, if that don't work and they come back down, get in the car turn the key to the accel position and wind up each window at each door all the way up and hold it for a few second in the up position AFTER the window closes, if u worked on any of the windows make sure the connections are right at that door...
Sorry I got back so late but the work that was done was me installing my air suspension and since I was dealing with wiring I went ahead and disconnected the battery terminals just to be safe. But once everything put back that's when it happen.
I did end up doing what you had told me and until this day it hasn't done it so I really appreciate that. Thanks
Old 03-04-14, 08:31 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GsDreamz
Sorry I got back so late but the work that was done was me installing my air suspension and since I was dealing with wiring I went ahead and disconnected the battery terminals just to be safe. But once everything put back that's when it happen.
I did end up doing what you had told me and until this day it hasn't done it so I really appreciate that. Thanks
I'm glad it's working out for u buddy...
Old 10-15-17, 11:00 PM
dozer1109
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy driver side window will not stay in the 'closed' position

Newbie here! Just bought a GS300 2001 from a friend and there is one issue that I noticed. It is the driver side window. When I try to close the window it retracts back once it reaches the fully closed positionand stops at the half-open posotion. Is there a procedure to correct this problem?
Old 10-16-17, 10:36 PM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dozer1109
Newbie here! Just bought a GS300 2001 from a friend and there is one issue that I noticed. It is the driver side window. When I try to close the window it retracts back once it reaches the fully closed positionand stops at the half-open posotion. Is there a procedure to correct this problem?
Need to reset the anti-pinch
Old 10-16-17, 10:39 PM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GsDreamz
Yes I just got my 2 gen gs its a 2001 but the issue I have is I had disconnected the battery to do some electrical work right. Once done plugged battery back up, but now every time I
Close driver door I walk away and all my windows roll down . Including the sunroof, I know it's a feature of the vehicle but the funny thing is that I don't own the remote key . My key is just a plain key, I do plan on getting the remote key but for now that I don't , can anyone assist me with help on fixing this issue . Thanks
If resetting the ECU doesn't help then likely it's either one of the door lock rods has fallen off the clip or it is not springing back as it should.
You can probably find which side is the issue by using your key to turn the lock barrel to see if it locks or unlocks properly.