Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-09, 02:01 PM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

1SICKLEX,

Could you set up a thread where we could place all of the dyno runs that various members have made. If each entry could contain information such as what modifications had been made prior to the dyno runs, etc. they could all be in one place.

When I try finding houtonT's runs, juanca's runs, Toy's runs, etc., I have to go bak through numerous threads (sometimes through several hundred posts) to find them. We might want to make a similar thread for drag times (similar to over on Tundra Solutions) where all drag times could be posted in one location.

What does the group think?

Pat
Old 02-20-09, 02:05 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great idea actually.
Old 02-20-09, 02:30 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea
Old 02-20-09, 02:37 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Mr. T from Houston, talking about that, did you got a chance to get back to Hennessey's dyno for your JoeZ Exhaust dyno ?
Old 02-20-09, 02:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Guys just start one and we'll add it to the IS-F FAQ as a link
Old 02-20-09, 06:32 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

No, unfortunately I have not had time to do that yet and since that time I've added a prototype Joe Z intake pipe. It seems I won't get back to Hennessey's until TX2K9 at which point I will dyno the F.
Peter

Originally Posted by timeToy
Mr. T from Houston, talking about that, did you got a chance to get back to Hennessey's dyno for your JoeZ Exhaust dyno ?
Old 02-21-09, 12:11 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FPR1939
1SICKLEX,

Could you set up a thread where we could place all of the dyno runs that various members have made. If each entry could contain information such as what modifications had been made prior to the dyno runs, etc. they could all be in one place.

When I try finding houtonT's runs, juanca's runs, Toy's runs, etc., I have to go bak through numerous threads (sometimes through several hundred posts) to find them. We might want to make a similar thread for drag times (similar to over on Tundra Solutions) where all drag times could be posted in one location.

What does the group think?

Pat
Great idea Pat. Dave suggested anyone can start the thread so why not you I'll edit the title.

This weekend I'll try to post what I find in here, if anyone else wants to contribute please post away!

Mike
Old 02-21-09, 12:13 AM
LexFather

Joe-Z exhuast + intake dyno
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-rwtq-sae.html
Old 02-21-09, 07:39 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I guess this counts as performance. My ISF vs. E90 m3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBQD...e=channel_page
Old 02-21-09, 07:43 AM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks for setting this up. I am relatively new on Forums so I really do not yet know how to do lots of things. I guess I will eventually learn. I'm an "old dog" but hopefully not to old to learn new tricks.

Pat
Old 02-21-09, 08:11 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Default All IS-F dyno and results post here.

Hey, let's get all our dynos and put it on this thread - maybe the mods will put it on a sticky.

So, I just got back from a dyno session for a baseline - but I think I'm going to have to try it again. I went to a place called P&L in the NW suburbs of Chicago. They have a Dynojet - it was an AWD in ground dyno. My car is all stock except for Volk 18" rims and snow tires.

A 6th gear run just was not giving good results - I mean, there was some MASSIVE noise and it was more like a sine wave curve up/down/up/down/up/down after 4000 rpm. So, we did a 5th gear run and same thing - but not as bad. So, we had to settle for 4th gear runs. I did 3 4th gear runs today with all accessories off. 2 runs were almost identical (1 with sport mode and 1 with regular mode) and 1 run was a little lower. The little lower run was only my 2nd run and maybe the coolant wasn't warmed or the engine wasn't at the operating temp yet but the 4th and 5th runs were pretty much identical.

Drum roll.... I was totally heartbroken by my results though. 276 measly RWP. That was SAE and smoothing set at 5. I'll post the graphs as soon as they email them to me. So, I guess I have the record for LOWEST dyno numbers. It wasn't a Dyno Dynamics which I could understand, it was a Dynojet!

The good news, the curve was nice and smooth and pretty much identical in shape to all you other guys.
Old 02-21-09, 08:19 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

37% drive train loss....not bad man.

Sorry...this post had me lmao...as we all know your car isn't really this low.
Old 02-21-09, 09:23 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I have yet to dyno b/c of the winter tires. They definitely don't have the rigidity like the stockers to get the power to the ground IMO. If you watch the tach needle when accelerating hard, it almost bobs like the wheels are trying to keep traction and accelerate at once. I bet it had to do with the wheels. Winter tires are prob not best suited for a 6th gear flat out run at what? 150mph?
Old 02-21-09, 09:34 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I have yet to dyno b/c of the winter tires. They definitely don't have the rigidity like the stockers to get the power to the ground IMO. If you watch the tach needle when accelerating hard, it almost bobs like the wheels are trying to keep traction and accelerate at once. I bet it had to do with the wheels. Winter tires are prob not best suited for a 6th gear flat out run at what? 150mph?
We took 6th to redline which was about 170 mph on my winter tires!!! LOL
Old 02-21-09, 10:06 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Go to a different dyno man. Something is definitely not right with that one. I can understand a little bit of noise up top but nothing like what you describe.

Quick Reply: Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread