Boomin
Racer

Received 406 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Anyone we know?

Old 05-22-24, 10:08 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 929 Likes on 699 Posts

I don't think we know that ****...he ruined an UL model for no obvious reason.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESh:
es250fsport (05-23-24), losiglow (05-23-24)
Old 05-22-24, 11:43 PM
gcvt
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

He used his turn signals for lane changes.

He's no BMW owner
The following 8 users liked this post by gcvt:
ATL350 (05-23-24), Boomin (05-23-24), es250fsport (05-23-24), ESh (05-23-24), FastDawg (05-23-24), Lesley248 (05-23-24), losiglow (05-23-24), TechNut (05-23-24) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-23-24, 05:18 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 302 Likes on 186 Posts

Who needs an F-sport? I wonder what top speed he hit. But seriously, no excuse for the trooper to have plowed into the rear end, going too fast on that dirt road. That needlessly endangered him and not scratched one patrol car.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 08:42 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 708 Likes on 517 Posts

I’m impressed with how nice the paved roads are. That Dashcam would have been bouncing all over the place on our roads.
Old 05-23-24, 10:10 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,607 Posts

wouldnt be surprised if officer broke his ankle standing on the brake pedal
Old 05-23-24, 11:22 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

The guy in the Lexus was Louis Rashod Grace. He was arrested in 2021 in Statesboro, GA. for leaving the scene of an accident, cocaine possession with intent to distribute, marijuana possession, obstruction, possession/use of a drug related object. No wonder he was running. He was probably still awaiting trial on those charges and by the looks of what they found on him when the GSP Officer hit him he hadn't changed his ways.

Here are the details from Georgia State Patrolman Reese's report:

"On 06/11/2022, at around 0318 hours, I was traveling north on Georgia 73 near Interstate 16. While driving, I observed a vehicle traveling toward me at a high rate of speed. I activated my front radar antenna and measured the vehicle’s speed at 87mph in the posted 55mph speed zone. I stopped my vehicle in a left turn lane and measured the vehicle’s speed again on front radar at 82mph in the posted 55mph speed zone. As the vehicle passed me, I activated my emergency equipment a performed a U-Turn, getting behind the vehicle. The vehicle activated its right turn signal and made a quick right turn on Interstate 16 West and then rapidly accelerated. I advised the Troop F radio room that I was in pursuit of the vehicle. I got close behind the vehicle and relayed to the radio room that I was pursuing a dark in color Lexus, with a Georgia tag of CNZ5653. The vehicle continued westbound at speeds near 130mph and shoed no signs of intending to stop. While on Interstate 16, the Lexus rapidly approached a van in the outside lane. The vehicle slowed and began to move to the right, leading me to believe that it may pull over. Suddenly, the vehicle accelerated and went between my patrol car and the van. I knew that no other troopers were in my area and that, due to the reckless disregard for other people, a Precision Immobilization Technique (PIT) maneuver was the best option to quickly end the pursuit. I attempted to set up for a PIT after passing the van, but the Lexus was accelerating much faster than my patrol car and quickly pulled away from me. We then approached a Tractor Trailer, and the vehicle rapidly approached the rear of it before passing it in the emergency lane. The vehicle approached the 111 exit, and I attempted a driver’s side PIT maneuver that was unsuccessful. The vehicle then turned on its right turn signal and exited onto the Excelsior Church Road offramp. I advised the radio room to notify 240 (Sgt. J. Riddle) that I was in a vehicle pursuit, and he then stated, on the radio, that he heard the chase and was in route to me. The vehicle continued with its turn signal on and then ran the stop sign as it turned right onto Excelsior Church Road. I then attempted a PIT maneuver two more times after turning onto Excelsior Church Road, but they were unsuccessful. The driver continued to drive at an extremely high speed and was traveling in the wrong lane as he went around curves, nearly crashing due to the high speed. The vehicle continued to travel across Highway 46, running the stop sign at over 110mph as it did so. The vehicle continued into the town of Pulaski and ran the stop sign at Gin Street and then the stop sign at Portal Road. The vehicle continued forward, and the road name changed to Pulaski Highway. The vehicle continued to travel in all lanes and at a high rate of speed, having no regard for others that may be on the roadway. After continuing on Pulaski Highway, the vehicle made an abrupt right turn onto McElveen Pond Road, losing control and entering the ditch as it did so. I applied the brakes and my Anti-Lock Brake system activated. I was unable to safely make the turn and stopped just past McElveen Pond Road. I backed up, and then continued pursuing the Lexus on the dirt road. The vehicle continued at a high rate of speed and went around a left curve. As I went around the corner, I observed the vehicle tap the brakes and then continue traveling. I observed the vehicle’s brake lights illuminate again, and I began to brake as well. The vehicle came to an abrupt and unexpected stop in the middle of the roadway and opened the door as it did so. I unbuckled my seatbelt with my left hand and rapidly applied the brakes as I did so, anticipating a foot chase. I realized that my vehicle was not going to stop due to the loose gravel on the dirt road and my options were to steer left and hit the driver as he exited the vehicle or hit the rear of the Lexus. My vehicle struck the back of the Lexus and disabled both vehicles, deploying my airbags. I quickly exited my vehicle and observed the driver exiting the Lexus as I did so. I unholstered my sidearm and pointed it at the driver while telling him to get onto the ground. The driver quickly sat back in the driver’s seat, and I was unable to see his left hand as it was near the bottom of the seat and the
B-Pillar. I gave the driver multiple commands to get on the ground and to show me his hands, and he eventually complied. I was then able to handcuff the driver without further incident. I asked the driver if he was okay, and he stated that his head hurt. I went back to my patrol vehicle and informed Troop F communications that I was involved in a crash and that the driver was in custody. I also requested an ambulance respond to my location.
Candler and Bulloch Deputies then arrived at my location and the driver was placed in the rear of a Candler County Patrol Car. The driver was searched and had a large quantity of money on his person that was placed back into his pocket. The driver did not have a license on him, and he was identified by his name and date of birth as Mr. Louis Grace. Mr. Grace was read a Miranda Warning at 0337 hours and agreed to speak. Mr. Grace’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy, and I smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from his breath. I asked Mr. Grace how much alcohol he had consumed, and he stated, “I’ve had a good bit to drink.” I asked him where he was coming from, and he stated that he was coming from Statesboro and “going to the club.” I asked Mr. Grace why he didn’t stop and then asked, “is your license good?” to which he responded “no, that’s why I didn’t stop.” Mr. Grace’s license was valid. Mr. Grace then admitted to having consumed Crown Royal and a Cognac type drink. Bulloch EMS responded to the scene, and I was evaluated. I declined transport and sought medical care at East Georgia Hospital after completion of the call. Mr. Grace was evaluated and only complained of arm pain to EMS. Mr. Grace was then transported by Bulloch County deputies to East Georgia Regional Medical Center where Sgt. J. Strosnider with the Statesboro Police Department sat with Mr. Grace. Mr. Grace was medically cleared and then transported to the Bulloch County Sheriff's Office Jail for further processing and booking. A hold sheet for paperwork was completed. Mr. Grace was later charged with Felony Fleeing, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Speeding, Reckless Driving, Aggressive Driving, and other traffic related offenses. Sgt. J. Riddle responded to the final location and then completed 4 pursuit related crash reports. A warrant was issued by the magistrate court on 06/12/2022 for the Felony Fleeing charge."
The following 3 users liked this post by FastDawg:
Boomin (05-24-24), F3Woody (05-23-24), scubapr (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 12:06 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

I thought the cop will pit maneuver it on the first few minutes of the chase, probably saw it was a nice ES and decided not to, big mistake LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by july1988:
Boomin (05-24-24), FastDawg (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 12:19 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 913 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by FastDawg
The guy in the Lexus was Louis Rashod Grace. He was arrested in 2021 in Statesboro, GA. for leaving the scene of an accident, cocaine possession with intent to distribute, marijuana possession, obstruction, possession/use of a drug related object. No wonder he was running. He was probably still awaiting trial on those charges and by the looks of what they found on him when the GSP Officer hit him he hadn't changed his ways.

Here are the details from Georgia State Patrolman Reese's report:

"On 06/11/2022, at around 0318 hours, I was traveling north on Georgia 73 near Interstate 16. While driving, I observed a vehicle traveling toward me at a high rate of speed. I activated my front radar antenna and measured the vehicle’s speed at 87mph in the posted 55mph speed zone. I stopped my vehicle in a left turn lane and measured the vehicle’s speed again on front radar at 82mph in the posted 55mph speed zone. As the vehicle passed me, I activated my emergency equipment a performed a U-Turn, getting behind the vehicle. The vehicle activated its right turn signal and made a quick right turn on Interstate 16 West and then rapidly accelerated. I advised the Troop F radio room that I was in pursuit of the vehicle. I got close behind the vehicle and relayed to the radio room that I was pursuing a dark in color Lexus, with a Georgia tag of CNZ5653. The vehicle continued westbound at speeds near 130mph and shoed no signs of intending to stop. While on Interstate 16, the Lexus rapidly approached a van in the outside lane. The vehicle slowed and began to move to the right, leading me to believe that it may pull over. Suddenly, the vehicle accelerated and went between my patrol car and the van. I knew that no other troopers were in my area and that, due to the reckless disregard for other people, a Precision Immobilization Technique (PIT) maneuver was the best option to quickly end the pursuit. I attempted to set up for a PIT after passing the van, but the Lexus was accelerating much faster than my patrol car and quickly pulled away from me. We then approached a Tractor Trailer, and the vehicle rapidly approached the rear of it before passing it in the emergency lane. The vehicle approached the 111 exit, and I attempted a driver’s side PIT maneuver that was unsuccessful. The vehicle then turned on its right turn signal and exited onto the Excelsior Church Road offramp. I advised the radio room to notify 240 (Sgt. J. Riddle) that I was in a vehicle pursuit, and he then stated, on the radio, that he heard the chase and was in route to me. The vehicle continued with its turn signal on and then ran the stop sign as it turned right onto Excelsior Church Road. I then attempted a PIT maneuver two more times after turning onto Excelsior Church Road, but they were unsuccessful. The driver continued to drive at an extremely high speed and was traveling in the wrong lane as he went around curves, nearly crashing due to the high speed. The vehicle continued to travel across Highway 46, running the stop sign at over 110mph as it did so. The vehicle continued into the town of Pulaski and ran the stop sign at Gin Street and then the stop sign at Portal Road. The vehicle continued forward, and the road name changed to Pulaski Highway. The vehicle continued to travel in all lanes and at a high rate of speed, having no regard for others that may be on the roadway. After continuing on Pulaski Highway, the vehicle made an abrupt right turn onto McElveen Pond Road, losing control and entering the ditch as it did so. I applied the brakes and my Anti-Lock Brake system activated. I was unable to safely make the turn and stopped just past McElveen Pond Road. I backed up, and then continued pursuing the Lexus on the dirt road. The vehicle continued at a high rate of speed and went around a left curve. As I went around the corner, I observed the vehicle tap the brakes and then continue traveling. I observed the vehicle’s brake lights illuminate again, and I began to brake as well. The vehicle came to an abrupt and unexpected stop in the middle of the roadway and opened the door as it did so. I unbuckled my seatbelt with my left hand and rapidly applied the brakes as I did so, anticipating a foot chase. I realized that my vehicle was not going to stop due to the loose gravel on the dirt road and my options were to steer left and hit the driver as he exited the vehicle or hit the rear of the Lexus. My vehicle struck the back of the Lexus and disabled both vehicles, deploying my airbags. I quickly exited my vehicle and observed the driver exiting the Lexus as I did so. I unholstered my sidearm and pointed it at the driver while telling him to get onto the ground. The driver quickly sat back in the driver’s seat, and I was unable to see his left hand as it was near the bottom of the seat and the
B-Pillar. I gave the driver multiple commands to get on the ground and to show me his hands, and he eventually complied. I was then able to handcuff the driver without further incident. I asked the driver if he was okay, and he stated that his head hurt. I went back to my patrol vehicle and informed Troop F communications that I was involved in a crash and that the driver was in custody. I also requested an ambulance respond to my location.
Candler and Bulloch Deputies then arrived at my location and the driver was placed in the rear of a Candler County Patrol Car. The driver was searched and had a large quantity of money on his person that was placed back into his pocket. The driver did not have a license on him, and he was identified by his name and date of birth as Mr. Louis Grace. Mr. Grace was read a Miranda Warning at 0337 hours and agreed to speak. Mr. Grace’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy, and I smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from his breath. I asked Mr. Grace how much alcohol he had consumed, and he stated, “I’ve had a good bit to drink.” I asked him where he was coming from, and he stated that he was coming from Statesboro and “going to the club.” I asked Mr. Grace why he didn’t stop and then asked, “is your license good?” to which he responded “no, that’s why I didn’t stop.” Mr. Grace’s license was valid. Mr. Grace then admitted to having consumed Crown Royal and a Cognac type drink. Bulloch EMS responded to the scene, and I was evaluated. I declined transport and sought medical care at East Georgia Hospital after completion of the call. Mr. Grace was evaluated and only complained of arm pain to EMS. Mr. Grace was then transported by Bulloch County deputies to East Georgia Regional Medical Center where Sgt. J. Strosnider with the Statesboro Police Department sat with Mr. Grace. Mr. Grace was medically cleared and then transported to the Bulloch County Sheriff's Office Jail for further processing and booking. A hold sheet for paperwork was completed. Mr. Grace was later charged with Felony Fleeing, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Speeding, Reckless Driving, Aggressive Driving, and other traffic related offenses. Sgt. J. Riddle responded to the final location and then completed 4 pursuit related crash reports. A warrant was issued by the magistrate court on 06/12/2022 for the Felony Fleeing charge."
As a guy who likes his UL, I think every aspect of this was a damn shame. And one more aspect that's a damn shame is that all of this ultimately was rooted in the pointless criminalization of pot. Other than the drunken driving, everything else that flowed out of it — the guy's criminal record, his panic of arrest, the felony charges he faces now for fleeing — started right there. And then, the cop's needless escalation of this into a nighttime high-speed chase.
Old 05-23-24, 04:00 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 453 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
As a guy who likes his UL, I think every aspect of this was a damn shame. And one more aspect that's a damn shame is that all of this ultimately was rooted in the pointless criminalization of pot. Other than the drunken driving, everything else that flowed out of it — the guy's criminal record, his panic of arrest, the felony charges he faces now for fleeing — started right there. And then, the cop's needless escalation of this into a nighttime high-speed chase.
It's BS to blame the laws and the lawman for this. Sure it was a shame a nice UL was wrecked, but that, and all the perp's legal issues are FULLY due to his own lawless, reckless ("wreckful" in this case) behavior. One can disagree with the criminalization of pot, but the perp's prior warrants were also for selling cocaine, a much more dangerous drug. Too, since he had a large quantity of cash on him, he's likely still dealing drugs.

You say the cop needlessly escalated this into a high-speed chase. What do you expect him to do, turn a blind eye to a perp doing over 80 mph in 55 mph zone? If you want the cops to not do their jobs, America will continue to fall further in the direction of anarchy, and become a country none of us feel comfortable living in.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wilson2000:
bc6152 (05-26-24), F3Woody (05-24-24), FastDawg (05-23-24)
Old 05-23-24, 05:45 PM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
It's BS to blame the laws and the lawman for this. Sure it was a shame a nice UL was wrecked, but that, and all the perp's legal issues are FULLY due to his own lawless, reckless ("wreckful" in this case) behavior. One can disagree with the criminalization of pot, but the perp's prior warrants were also for selling cocaine, a much more dangerous drug. Too, since he had a large quantity of cash on him, he's likely still dealing drugs.

You say the cop needlessly escalated this into a high-speed chase. What do you expect him to do, turn a blind eye to a perp doing over 80 mph in 55 mph zone? If you want the cops to not do their jobs, America will continue to fall further in the direction of anarchy, and become a country none of us feel comfortable living in.
I like how you think. I can't imagine not pulling over when I get a LEO behind me with their lights on much less their siren. I've been pulled over several times in my 49 years of driving but have never heard a siren aimed to get me to stop. I can't understand anyone blaming a LEO for doing their job.
Old 05-23-24, 07:11 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 913 Likes on 571 Posts

I've been pulled over several times in my 49 years of driving but have never heard a siren aimed to get me to stop.
For the record, yeah, I'm white too. But not everybody is.

Now let's talk about our Lexuses.
Wilson2000 (05-23-24)
Old 05-24-24, 05:57 AM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 201 Likes on 125 Posts

Christ almighty, somebody delete this thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by F3Woody:
ATL350 (05-24-24), rVague (05-24-24)
Old 05-24-24, 06:14 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

"
And the next morning in jail......I’m reminded of the Allman Brothers and the Blind Willie McTell song Statesboro Blues… “Woke up this morning, had them Statesboro Blues..”
The following 2 users liked this post by wasjr:
Boomin (05-24-24), FastDawg (05-25-24)
Old 05-25-24, 11:58 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexFinally
For the record, yeah, I'm white too. But not everybody is.

Now let's talk about our Lexuses.
Originally Posted by F3Woody
Christ almighty, somebody delete this thread.

No kidding. Why does that have to be brought up whenever the perp is a person of color?
Wilson2000 (05-25-24)

Quick Reply: Anyone we know?