LC Model (2018-present)

ISO/WTB ─ LC500 COUPE (Inspiration Series)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-24, 06:16 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts
Exclamation ISO/WTB ─ LC500 COUPE (Inspiration Series)

I'm really liking the new 24 Inspiration series. I'm not a convertible guy, so hoping to find a COUPE, but I've had no luck so far! It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I did spot a convertible at my local dealer, but the coupe version seems elusive. According to LEXUS, there will only be 33 coupes out of the 125 allocated for the US and Canada.

I've only come across two coupes so far. One was at Longo Lexus, but they were asking for a $25K markup! The other was in Maine with a $10K markup, but both were already sold by the time I heard about them.I found two more at other dealers but they were pre sold and only showed up as the dealers software lists all incoming cars automatically.

Has anyone else been on the lookout for a coupe? Any success stories based on prior Inspiration series?

Last edited by finny76; 02-28-24 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-28-24, 09:28 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
I'm really liking the new 24 Inspiration series. I'm not a convertible guy, so hoping to find a COUPE, but I've had no luck so far! It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I did spot a convertible at my local dealer, but the coupe version seems elusive. According to LEXUS, there will only be 33 coupes out of the 125 allocated for the US and Canada.

I've only come across two coupes so far. One was at Longo Lexus, but they were asking for a $25K markup! The other was in Maine with a $10K markup, but both were already sold by the time I heard about them.I found two more at other dealers but they were pre sold and only showed up as the dealers software lists all incoming cars automatically.
Looking at the 2024 allocation sheet, there are 47 coupes and 372 convertibles total. There are 7 Inspiration convertibles showing and 0 Inspiration coupes. It looks like only two of the Inspiration convertibles are actually available:

At this point, I would say that all the '24 Inspiration's are built and sold. You might want to jump on that one for MSRP at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine TX, or wait for a '25.

Good luck!
Old 02-28-24, 02:54 PM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation

Originally Posted by jbuffett
Looking at the 2024 allocation sheet, there are 47 coupes and 372 convertibles total. There are 7 Inspiration convertibles showing and 0 Inspiration coupes. It looks like only two of the Inspiration convertibles are actually available:

At this point, I would say that all the '24 Inspiration's are built and sold. You might want to jump on that one for MSRP at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine TX, or wait for a '25.

Good luck!
The Inspiration at PP comes with several dealer add-ons, which isn't a major concern for me. However, I'm hesitant to commit because I'd be extremely frustrated if I settled for a convertible and then a coupe version became available.
As it's still early 2024, I'm curious about the remaining pending production/delivery numbers for the Inspiration series."

Old 02-29-24, 06:30 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 89 Posts

I would expect that with a limited production run they are all built and delivered. And I don't think there's any way around paying the markup. It's a special car and they know it and they will get it.
The LC Coupe allocation spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381390131
I don't think "Dealer Hold" means the car is unavailable. The LC IS at Superstition Springs in Mesa has been on their showroom for a while. They are waiting for someone to pay the $10k markup.
Old 02-29-24, 08:08 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

The Inspiration at PP comes with several dealer add-ons, which isn't a major concern for me. However, I'm hesitant to commit because I'd be extremely frustrated if I settled for a convertible and then a coupe version became available.
As it's still early 2024, I'm curious about the remaining pending production/delivery numbers for the Inspiration series."
Another bespoke buyer mentioned a few weeks ago that they tried to option the twin 5-spoke wheels from the Inspiration Edition and was told that those wheels are sold out for this year. Knowing how much Toyota/Lexus likes to order only what they need, that tells me that all the '24 Inspiration's are built that will be built.

Not to talk you into the convertible over the coupe, but I did a rally in my '21 convertible a couple of years ago, Denver to Moab on day 1 and Moab to Vegas on day 2. We were cruising at nearly triple-digit speeds as a group, and I found the convertible to be quiet and comfortable inside. Then when we reached Zion National Park, I dropped the top and we had the best view of the park in the group. The convertible top is double layered and very well made, not as quiet as the coupe I'm sure but having the top down at destinations is worth it for me.

Originally Posted by azmojo
The LC Coupe allocation spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381390131
I don't think "Dealer Hold" means the car is unavailable. The LC IS at Superstition Springs in Mesa has been on their showroom for a while. They are waiting for someone to pay the $10k markup.
Maybe "Dealer Hold" just means that it isn't available for dealer trade? I know they make a good bit of profit on these cars, so it could just be them locking that in.
Old 02-29-24, 12:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,301 Posts

The MY24 does not come with run flats

Old 02-29-24, 12:35 PM
mycool307
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered my Bespoke '24 on February 2nd and Lexus Japan accepted my order on the 22nd....with the twin 5-spoke all black wheels.
The following 2 users liked this post by mycool307:
Dukeaudio (02-29-24), jbuffett (02-29-24)
Old 02-29-24, 01:22 PM
silvernite
Driver

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Weird that the spreadsheet only tracks three inspiration series coupes sold. There might be a few more unaccounted for. I'm not sure if the spreadsheet only picks things up when it departs the port of Japan. There could be some not yet on the production line or still at port waiting. Might be worth it to contact a local dealer and see if they have a good inventory manager who can see if there are any left that haven't entered production. I recall the milestones were:
- Lexus will determine when a build will be inserted to the production queue
- Actual production date
- Shipping date (that tracker spreadsheet might be picking up the data from this point or at the ETA time to dealer)
- Estimated arrival time to your dealer

Slightly off topic anyone recall what the 2023 inspiration series was?
2018 - Structural Blue
2019 - Flare Yellow
2020 - Nori Green
2021 - Obsidian
2022 - Iridium Silver
2023 - ???
2024 - Polar Surge
Old 02-29-24, 01:32 PM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation

Originally Posted by azmojo
I would expect that with a limited production run they are all built and delivered. And I don't think there's any way around paying the markup. It's a special car and they know it and they will get it.
That is a lot less than the $25K markup on the COUPE from LONGO LEXUS.

Old 03-03-24, 04:35 PM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation

Good luck!
You're right. I contacted the other LEXUS dealer and requested a statewide search. They confirmed there's only one LC Inspiration remaining, awaiting delivery, and it's assigned to LEXUS of Wichita. Upon checking their website, it appears as "PENDING SALE." So, indeed, all the Inspiration series are all built, delivered, and either sold or in the process of being sold.

Originally Posted by silvernite
Weird that the spreadsheet only tracks three inspiration series coupes sold. There might be a few more unaccounted for. I'm not sure if the spreadsheet only picks things up when it departs the port of Japan. There could be some not yet on the production line or still at port waiting. Might be worth it to contact a local dealer and see if they have a good inventory manager who can see if there are any left that haven't entered production. I recall the milestones were:
- Lexus will determine when a build will be inserted to the production queue
- Actual production date
- Shipping date (that tracker spreadsheet might be picking up the data from this point or at the ETA time to dealer)
- Estimated arrival time to your dealer

Slightly off topic anyone recall what the 2023 inspiration series was?
2018 - Structural Blue
2019 - Flare Yellow
2020 - Nori Green
2021 - Obsidian
2022 - Iridium Silver
2023 - ???
2024 - Polar Surge
I dont think LEXUS did an Inspiration Series for 23.
The following users liked this post:
silvernite (03-16-24)
Old 03-03-24, 04:38 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

You're right. I contacted the other LEXUS dealer and requested a statewide search. They confirmed there's only one LC Inspiration remaining, awaiting delivery, and it's assigned to LEXUS of Wichita. Upon checking their website, it appears as "PENDING SALE." So, indeed, all the Inspiration series are all built, delivered, and either sold or in the process of being sold.

I dont think LEXUS did not do an Inspiration Series for 23.
I don’t believe there was a ‘23 I-S.
The following users liked this post:
silvernite (03-16-24)
Old 03-12-24, 11:41 AM
finny76
Advanced

Question

Good luck!
It appears that there are currently no COUPES available other than the two that were previously listed earlier in the year, both of which have sold with markups. At present, there are only 2 convertibles remaining that I'm aware of:
  1. Lexus of Brooklyn - 2024 Lexus LC
  2. Park Place Lexus Grapevine - 2024 Lexus LC 500
So, the decision boils down to either purchasing one of these remaining models or potentially waiting for a 2025 release. However, there are are some unknowns: what if Lexus doesn't produce an IS series for 2025 (like there was no IS for 2023)?
And even if they do, what if the available color options don't suit my preferences, such as Caviar, Copper or Gray?The tow colors I love the Most are the Polar Satin White and the Flare Yellow.

Last edited by finny76; 03-12-24 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-12-24, 12:54 PM
mycool307
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Just go buy one of these! You won't regret it. Every time you get behind the wheel you will have a smile on your face. A bird in the hand...
My 2 cents

Good Luck
The following 2 users liked this post by mycool307:
finny76 (03-12-24), lynneandbryan (03-12-24)
Old 03-12-24, 06:26 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

It appears that there are currently no COUPES available other than the two that were previously listed earlier in the year, both of which have sold with markups. At present, there are only 2 convertibles remaining that I'm aware of:
  1. Lexus of Brooklyn - 2024 Lexus LC
  2. Park Place Lexus Grapevine - 2024 Lexus LC 500
So, the decision boils down to either purchasing one of these remaining models or potentially waiting for a 2025 release. However, there are are some unknowns: what if Lexus doesn't produce an IS series for 2025 (like there was no IS for 2023)?
And even if they do, what if the available color options don't suit my preferences, such as Caviar, Copper or Gray?The tow colors I love the Most are the Polar Satin White and the Flare Yellow.
You'll find out in ~2mos
Old 03-14-24, 12:15 PM
kwonster
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you really want one, there is one at Keyes: https://www.keyeslexus.com/new/LEXUS...0d77ace25f.htm

BUT, they are apparently going to use it as a Demo for a month or so, meaning you will only get it with 1-2k miles. And it will be sold as a "new" car with a $50k markup. I laughed them off the phone, but if you really want one you can give them a call.
The following 2 users liked this post by kwonster:
JSM701 (03-14-24), NiceCars (03-14-24)

Quick Reply: ISO/WTB ─ LC500 COUPE (Inspiration Series)