Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) > Build Threads
Refresh & Upgrade time...  how many F-sport badges can I put on my 200k mile IS350? >

Refresh & Upgrade time... how many F-sport badges can I put on my 200k mile IS350?

Notices
Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Refresh & Upgrade time... how many F-sport badges can I put on my 200k mile IS350?

Old 07-07-19, 05:02 PM
Lwerewolf
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Bling level over9000

About the idle - you might want to swap the intake manifold & surge tank gaskets, and all the piping around them. Any misfires/roughness during cold starts? I feel like a fool for not looking this up earlier... a few days ago I was in the garage and was tightening down the surge tank after I decided that I shouldn't be taking it off at 3AM after all... started the engine, no random rare misfire. It was doing that once every 1000 or so combustions, and only while "cold" starting (not necessarily cold engine, just cooled down manifold I guess), no issues whatsoever once any amount of power was applied (even charging the battery or just revving up)... Anyways, I guess you learn something new all the time, even though it should've been quite obvious to me that a small vacuum leak is a VERY good explanation for that kind of condition >_<

And yes - no oil burning whatsoever (10k miles 0w20 first time, don't kill me), no coolant loss, no hesitation, nothing.

Figures that those hoses/gaskets might go bad over time, given that no oil or coolant is supposed to reach them & condition them.

Not sure if I've said it, but consider changing your seat's polyurethane cushions (PAD, FRONT SEAT BACK LH/RH& PAD, FRONT SEAT CUSHION LH/RH, rear... etc). Haven't done this, but it's on my to-do's, plus dying parts of the leather where the dye has worn off... luckily no cracks yet, hopefully leatherique is helping there
Old 07-07-19, 05:48 PM
autovation
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf View Post
About the idle - you might want to swap the intake manifold & surge tank gaskets, and all the piping around them. Any misfires/roughness during cold starts? I feel like a fool for not looking this up earlier... a few days ago I was in the garage and was tightening down the surge tank after I decided that I shouldn't be taking it off at 3AM after all... started the engine, no random rare misfire. It was doing that once every 1000 or so combustions, and only while "cold" starting (not necessarily cold engine, just cooled down manifold I guess), no issues whatsoever once any amount of power was applied (even charging the battery or just revving up)... Anyways, I guess you learn something new all the time, even though it should've been quite obvious to me that a small vacuum leak is a VERY good explanation for that kind of condition >_<

And yes - no oil burning whatsoever (10k miles 0w20 first time, don't kill me), no coolant loss, no hesitation, nothing.

Figures that those hoses/gaskets might go bad over time, given that no oil or coolant is supposed to reach them & condition them.
I think this may be because of the connector I pulled apart, I'm not 100% sure the wires went back that way (had a 50/50 shot and I'm not 100% sure the wire are connecting inside the connector). Will source another one and re-install, hopefully that will fix it. After new plugs, no more smoking during acceleration.

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf View Post
Not sure if I've said it, but consider changing your seat's polyurethane cushions (PAD, FRONT SEAT BACK LH/RH& PAD, FRONT SEAT CUSHION LH/RH, rear... etc). Haven't done this, but it's on my to-do's, plus dying parts of the leather where the dye has worn off... luckily no cracks yet, hopefully leatherique is helping there
Great idea, I NEED to do this! The plastic seats at McDonalds feel better than my IS350 right now. Will look into it.
Old 07-07-19, 08:37 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by autovation View Post
Great idea, I NEED to do this! The plastic seats at McDonalds feel better than my IS350 right now. Will look into it.

Seats at McD's.... haha! Ouch to Lexus but thanks for the laugh!

TRD start button?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Refresh & Upgrade time... how many F-sport badges can I put on my 200k mile IS350?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: