Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty (merged threads)

Old 05-15-19, 11:09 AM
mirkee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how much of an extended warranty did your $2,4000 buy you?
Old 05-15-19, 02:11 PM
Oldernu
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Extended Warranty Terms

This Extended Warranty continues the Lexus new car/CPO warranty with $0 deductible with no mileage or time limitations as long as we own the car.
Old 05-16-19, 06:22 AM
ravenuer
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldernu View Post
This Extended Warranty continues the Lexus new car/CPO warranty with $0 deductible with no mileage or time limitations as long as we own the car.
So if you keep your car another 10-15 years, I'd say you made out very well!
Old 05-16-19, 06:28 AM
2ndName
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Whoa, I didn't know they had a lifetime warranty. Nice.
Old 05-16-19, 06:32 AM
tuandino
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

wow! that's a nice warranty coverage! is this by Lexus or some 3rd party warranty companies?
Old 05-16-19, 10:52 AM
goto35
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Bought an extended warranty for the first time. First CPO used car I bought since college--long ago. 2016 RX 350 has 16, 000 miles. Dealership replaced pads, resurfaced rotors, new tires, battery in presales prep. Nine months remain on new car warranty, then two years on CPO warranty before the extended warranty with $0 deductible begins. Cost $2400.

I'll drive this car until I'm wheeled away--then will tell my daughter to drive it and use the warranty until I expire. Long term planning here: I bet my life span will outlast that of the car!

pretty sure no warranty is this way. i almost bet you whatever they told you was wrong. you should really look at your contract.

my buddy bought a lexus cpo and they told him all this crap. we checked paperwork and it was all wrong.

how can they offer you a lifetime warranty...for the price? remember if its too good to be true it means it isnt.
Old 05-16-19, 10:55 AM
goto35
Driver

Old 05-16-19, 12:11 PM
2ndName
Driver

Originally Posted by goto35 View Post
Nice. If I had a business, that would be the only brand I'm gambling on, Lexus/Toyota, haha.
Old 05-17-19, 12:37 PM
Oldernu
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Check Twice

Thanks very much to the forum posters who expressed skepticism about the extended warranty info I posted. I rechecked the extended warranty terms. I labored under the misapprehension that Lexus and the dealer administered the program and that the terms were similar to the new/CPO warranty. In fact the contract was issued by CNA National--while better than one from Dewey Fleecim and Howe, a third party warranty still walks like a duck. Claims are adjusted by CNA National, not Lexus or the dealership, and the warranty has significantly more exclusions than the new car/Cpo warranty. I am rescinding the purchase and requesting reimbursement on the credit card used to make the purchase.

Shame on me for not reviewing the terms more carefully. And thanks again to the forum posters who questioned the terms I listed.
The following users liked this post:
mirkee (05-17-19)
Old 05-17-19, 12:48 PM
goto35
Driver

like i said...if its too good to be true..it means its not.

yes almost every dealer plays these game and if your uninformed you get screwed.
Old 05-17-19, 01:34 PM
2ndName
Driver

Thanks very much to the forum posters who expressed skepticism about the extended warranty info I posted. I rechecked the extended warranty terms. I labored under the misapprehension that Lexus and the dealer administered the program and that the terms were similar to the new/CPO warranty. In fact the contract was issued by CNA National--while better than one from Dewey Fleecim and Howe, a third party warranty still walks like a duck. Claims are adjusted by CNA National, not Lexus or the dealership, and the warranty has significantly more exclusions than the new car/Cpo warranty. I am rescinding the purchase and requesting reimbursement on the credit card used to make the purchase.

Shame on me for not reviewing the terms more carefully. And thanks again to the forum posters who questioned the terms I listed.
Glad you were able to review the terms and rescinded the warranty.
The following users liked this post:
mirkee (05-17-19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extended Warranty (merged threads)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: