Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brake pedal creaking noise... actuator or not??

 
Old 05-09-14, 12:21 PM
  #16  
Sticka
Rookie
 
Sticka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!

FILE A COMPLAINT about the BRAKE ACTUATOR with NHTSA, even if you have already had the problem fixed under warranty, they need to know about it.
Even if you already paid out of pocket, they need to know about it, and you may get reimbursed if a recall goes ahead.

Lexus knows this is a problem. They need to step up to the plate.

I called the NHTSA today and they do not have one single complaint for this issue (they do now ).
If we want to make Lexus cover it we ALL need to file a complaint with the NHTSA.

If you have/had a problem with the brake actuator go to http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects
and file a complaint (click at the top right of the screen "file a complaint")
Your information will not be given to Lexus.
Sticka is offline  
Old 10-29-14, 04:39 PM
  #17  
CHINCHIN
Rookie
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: GA
Posts: 66
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Complaint filed. Took 10 min. if that. Has anyone done paid for the repair out of pocket? If so what is the cost? i have a 2007 with 98k. Not sure if I even want to waste my time asking for a good will?
CHINCHIN is offline  
Old 10-29-14, 04:41 PM
  #18  
williakz
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MO
Posts: 813
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Yeah, why waste your valuable time for a shot at not having to write a $3,000 check? Get that pen out...
williakz is offline  
Old 10-29-14, 06:10 PM
  #19  
CHINCHIN
Rookie
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: GA
Posts: 66
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Yeah, why waste your valuable time for a shot at not having to write a $3,000 check? Get that pen out...
You're right... 3k is what I usually tip my valet attendant to park the LS in a good spot... so yeah I wont bother with the good will... straight to the service department... at least I will get a free car wash with extra swirl marks and tire shine on the dashboard!
CHINCHIN is offline  
Old 01-12-19, 06:11 AM
  #20  
FtLdrdlRob
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I've been driving a 1998 LS for twelve years, I'm the second owner, now with about 240,000 mi. I'm in the market for a 460 but am concerned with this brake actuator problem, the air shock, as well as the control arm problem. Has Lexus addressed these issues in the middle years, specifically the 2010/11/12? I've searched the threads here and haven't found an answer. I'm not a mechanic!
FtLdrdlRob is offline  
Old 01-12-19, 06:32 AM
  #21  
edarte
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver Island, BC -ex Illinois &Toronto, ON
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by FtLdrdlRob View Post
I've been driving a 1998 LS for twelve years, I'm the second owner, now with about 240,000 mi. I'm in the market for a 460 but am concerned with this brake actuator problem, the air shock, as well as the control arm problem. Has Lexus addressed these issues in the middle years, specifically the 2010/11/12? I've searched the threads here and haven't found an answer. I'm not a mechanic!
I had a 2011 that I bought new and just sold with 98000 km on it. I did have the actuator creaking noise very early on around 2012 but it was quickly solved under warranty and never had it or any other problems since. It was a great car that I would have kept if I had to but I wanted a change after owning three LS in a row (2001, 2009 & 2011) and sold it.

(I test drove the 2018 and liked the outside, (could reluctantly live with the front grill), and the back seat area was great, but the front felt very confining with so much equipment up by the rear view mirror and the high hump from the heads-up display; plus the two massive dash vents were ugly. Also not a fan of the run flat tires. The final nail in the coffin was the mouse actuator. With some reluctance I passed on the LS but I am now very, very happy with a 2018 Porsche Panamera Hybrid (incredible car) - just hope it has something near the reliability of the LS.)

Last edited by edarte; 01-12-19 at 07:22 AM.
edarte is offline  
The following users liked this post:
FtLdrdlRob (01-12-19)
Old 05-21-19, 12:49 PM
  #22  
lien302
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: ca
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sticka View Post
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!

FILE A COMPLAINT about the BRAKE ACTUATOR with NHTSA, even if you have already had the problem fixed under warranty, they need to know about it.
Even if you already paid out of pocket, they need to know about it, and you may get reimbursed if a recall goes ahead.

Lexus knows this is a problem. They need to step up to the plate.

I called the NHTSA today and they do not have one single complaint for this issue (they do now ).
If we want to make Lexus cover it we ALL need to file a complaint with the NHTSA.

If you have/had a problem with the brake actuator go to http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects
and file a complaint (click at the top right of the screen "file a complaint")
Your information will not be given to Lexus.
COMPLAINT FILED! Thanks for suggestion and link.

I too am currently having issues with my 2008 RX400H with 160K and am pissed that the Toyota "WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM - ZG1" doesn't pop-up when you do a recall search on my vehicle. My vehicle was past expiration by 6 months and Toyota would not honor the warranty program. If I would have known about the warranty program when Toyota first announced it then I would have been more perceptive to any initial signs of the brake actuator going bad and taken it in to dealer. Anyone wanting to know more in-detail about the "ZG1 - Warranty Enhancement Program" can read the attachment. I also urge anyone with Toyota/Lexus with brake issues to also file complaint!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ZG1 Warranty Enhancement.pdf (621.3 KB, 4 views)
lien302 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake pedal creaking noise... actuator or not??


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: