LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brake pedal creaking noise... actuator or not??

Old 05-09-14, 12:21 PM
Sticka
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!

FILE A COMPLAINT about the BRAKE ACTUATOR with NHTSA, even if you have already had the problem fixed under warranty, they need to know about it.
Even if you already paid out of pocket, they need to know about it, and you may get reimbursed if a recall goes ahead.

Lexus knows this is a problem. They need to step up to the plate.

I called the NHTSA today and they do not have one single complaint for this issue (they do now ).
If we want to make Lexus cover it we ALL need to file a complaint with the NHTSA.

If you have/had a problem with the brake actuator go to http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects
and file a complaint (click at the top right of the screen "file a complaint")
Your information will not be given to Lexus.
Old 10-29-14, 04:39 PM
CHINCHIN
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Complaint filed. Took 10 min. if that. Has anyone done paid for the repair out of pocket? If so what is the cost? i have a 2007 with 98k. Not sure if I even want to waste my time asking for a good will?
Old 10-29-14, 04:41 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, why waste your valuable time for a shot at not having to write a $3,000 check? Get that pen out...
Old 10-29-14, 06:10 PM
CHINCHIN
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by williakz
Yeah, why waste your valuable time for a shot at not having to write a $3,000 check? Get that pen out...
You're right... 3k is what I usually tip my valet attendant to park the LS in a good spot... so yeah I wont bother with the good will... straight to the service department... at least I will get a free car wash with extra swirl marks and tire shine on the dashboard!
Old 01-12-19, 06:11 AM
FtLdrdlRob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been driving a 1998 LS for twelve years, I'm the second owner, now with about 240,000 mi. I'm in the market for a 460 but am concerned with this brake actuator problem, the air shock, as well as the control arm problem. Has Lexus addressed these issues in the middle years, specifically the 2010/11/12? I've searched the threads here and haven't found an answer. I'm not a mechanic!
Old 01-12-19, 06:32 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FtLdrdlRob
I've been driving a 1998 LS for twelve years, I'm the second owner, now with about 240,000 mi. I'm in the market for a 460 but am concerned with this brake actuator problem, the air shock, as well as the control arm problem. Has Lexus addressed these issues in the middle years, specifically the 2010/11/12? I've searched the threads here and haven't found an answer. I'm not a mechanic!
I had a 2011 that I bought new and just sold with 98000 km on it. I did have the actuator creaking noise very early on around 2012 but it was quickly solved under warranty and never had it or any other problems since. It was a great car that I would have kept if I had to but I wanted a change after owning three LS in a row (2001, 2009 & 2011) and sold it.

(I test drove the 2018 and liked the outside, (could reluctantly live with the front grill), and the back seat area was great, but the front felt very confining with so much equipment up by the rear view mirror and the high hump from the heads-up display; plus the two massive dash vents were ugly. Also not a fan of the run flat tires. The final nail in the coffin was the mouse actuator. With some reluctance I passed on the LS but I am now very, very happy with a 2018 Porsche Panamera Hybrid (incredible car) - just hope it has something near the reliability of the LS.)

Last edited by edarte; 01-12-19 at 07:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FtLdrdlRob (01-12-19)
Old 05-21-19, 12:49 PM
lien302
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticka
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!

FILE A COMPLAINT about the BRAKE ACTUATOR with NHTSA, even if you have already had the problem fixed under warranty, they need to know about it.
Even if you already paid out of pocket, they need to know about it, and you may get reimbursed if a recall goes ahead.

Lexus knows this is a problem. They need to step up to the plate.

I called the NHTSA today and they do not have one single complaint for this issue (they do now ).
If we want to make Lexus cover it we ALL need to file a complaint with the NHTSA.

If you have/had a problem with the brake actuator go to http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects
and file a complaint (click at the top right of the screen "file a complaint")
Your information will not be given to Lexus.
COMPLAINT FILED! Thanks for suggestion and link.

I too am currently having issues with my 2008 RX400H with 160K and am pissed that the Toyota "WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM - ZG1" doesn't pop-up when you do a recall search on my vehicle. My vehicle was past expiration by 6 months and Toyota would not honor the warranty program. If I would have known about the warranty program when Toyota first announced it then I would have been more perceptive to any initial signs of the brake actuator going bad and taken it in to dealer. Anyone wanting to know more in-detail about the "ZG1 - Warranty Enhancement Program" can read the attachment. I also urge anyone with Toyota/Lexus with brake issues to also file complaint!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ZG1 Warranty Enhancement.pdf (621.3 KB, 126 views)