Notices
GX - 2nd Gen (2010-present) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Good luck Kiichiro!!

Old 04-20-19, 07:28 PM
hzhao
Lexus Test Driver

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

Very much looking forward to your working progresses and results. Thanks for sharing!
The following users liked this post:
Greenbow (04-21-19)
Old 05-12-19, 06:10 AM
Greenbow
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Some updates

Got the Dobinson kit installed. Also removed the factory steps and threw on the Prado ones sans the steps. Really enjoying the ride. I removed the cladding to clean it up and am now debating my options for how best to address. Next is the rear bumper install and lights. Cheers!

The following 2 users liked this post by Greenbow:
hzhao (05-12-19), John00 (05-12-19)
Old 05-12-19, 02:26 PM
tecman
Lexus Champion

Received 347 Likes on 271 Posts

That is a lot of color you have going on there behind the wheel and tire with this black and white 460

I don't recall seeing the OEM side molding pulled off. I bought the OEM option from Sewell Lexus back when they sold parts online and the tape has held up. I guess I cut off the hole clips...been a while back as this was an option with 2010 and 2011. Anyway, I am not clear on why you pulled this off? Thanks and nice work.

Old 05-12-19, 03:08 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman View Post
That is a lot of color you have going on there behind the wheel and tire with this black and white 460

I don't recall seeing the OEM side molding pulled off. I bought the OEM option from Sewell Lexus back when they sold parts online and the tape has held up. I guess I cut off the hole clips...been a while back as this was an option with 2010 and 2011. Anyway, I am not clear on why you pulled this off? Thanks and nice work.
Good question. I pulled them off right before the install. Trust me I was hoping that similar to other manufacturers the molding would just be a fascia without dimples or holes. Needless to say I was overjoyed when I discovered that that is not the case I'm a big Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) fan so I wanted to remove the molding as I create a Prado 150 replica...

Lol, it is a lot of color man. Totally unplanned by the way!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: