IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Aftermarket Wheel Showcase - 3ISx Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-17, 07:05 PM
Markcma3
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Work Wheels CR2P's 19x9+32 front with 225/35/19 & 19x10+40 with 245/35/19 for the rear!

Last edited by Markcma3; 08-04-17 at 07:09 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-05-17, 11:36 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
And before someone says bS ive been doing it for years etc, its possible, but theres many documented cases where this lifestyle (stancing and poking stretching etc) has caused accident. One video I remember where a stanced lexus spins out of control hitting a very minor bump because of minimal contact patch. ends up crashing hard by an oncoming car. a poor lifestyle choice just caused a poor family to get hurt.

Lol sure buddy. Ive also been doing this for years as well, about 20 to be exact, and have run through 1000's...yes 1000's of tires with no failures due to stretching.

Yes they can come off a bead but then again so can any tire. I have only seen a tire debead when excessive stretch is used (for example a 205 series tire on a 10 inch) or when the bead is damaged during mounting. So please keep the sky is falling horse**** to yourself because its just that, horse****.
Old 08-05-17, 11:41 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The specs for the wheels, as indicated by the member, is: Work Cr kai Kiwami 19x9.5 w/235/35 and 19x10.5 w/245/35.
The stretched look isn't my personal taste, however, in this situation is does pose a safety concern.
The ideal rim width for a 254/35/19 tire is 8.5 inches...with a maximum fitment with of 9.5 inches.
So the rear rims on this vehicle are 2 inches wider than the ideal fitment recommended by the tire manufacturer, and 1 inch beyond the maximum fitment of the tire.
Personally, I blame the tire shop for letting a customer leave, or even selling them, a tire/wheel combo that they know is unsafe. Unless they don't know...which is a clear red flag to take your business elsewhere.
Any implied warranty by the tire manufacturer is void at this point.
The front tire is at the maximum fitment, which is 9.5 inches. Having it at the maximum isn't an ideal fitment at all, but could be argued as "safe"...I guess.
I wonder if the tire shop even had the member sign a waiver before taking the vehicle so that they understood the vehicle was unsafe?

Jesus you too!!?? Give me a ****en break. First and foremost...I mount my own **** so no I didnt make msyeld sign a waiver. You and whats his face make it sound like the world will end!!!! Its not ending and all though these are fairly stretched its not crazy excessive. again I have done litterally thousands of tires like this and no issues. So please spare me the bull**** down talking.

I appreciate the concern but its unwarranted
Old 08-05-17, 11:44 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Markcma3
Work Wheels CR2P's 19x9+32 front with 225/35/19 & 19x10+40 with 245/35/19 for the rear!

OMG! OMG!!! you have stretched tires!!! Ahhhh the world will end!!!

Lol sorry couldnt help it. The car looks killer man
The following users liked this post:
Markcma3 (08-05-17)
Old 08-05-17, 11:50 AM
Markcma3
Rookie

Originally Posted by MilkMonstr
OMG! OMG!!! you have stretched tires!!! Ahhhh the world will end!!!

Lol sorry couldnt help it. The car looks killer man
lol! Selling these wheels and the next set I'm going 255/35/19 rear and 235/35/19 for the fronts.. with the specs staying at 19x9 and 19x10..
Old 08-05-17, 12:30 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

lol! Selling these wheels and the next set I'm going 255/35/19 rear and 235/35/19 for the fronts.. with the specs staying at 19x9 and 19x10..

That will look good. I just get annoyed with people spewing garbage because they think they know something because they read a tire spec sheet.

In all honesty my rear fitment is much too aggressive and I will be chnaging wheels soon too.
Old 08-05-17, 12:40 PM
Markcma3
Rookie

That will look good. I just get annoyed with people spewing garbage because they think they know something because they read a tire spec sheet.

In all honesty my rear fitment is much too aggressive and I will be chnaging wheels soon too.
well truthfully I sought counsel from Rodney, @typerod when purchasing these wheels and tires. Buying a new set of ssr CV04's and still sought his opinion and Susnake, wait Sasnuke and they both gave sound advice. Since I daily the vehicle gonna keep the specs roughly the same.

o ok I just read the issues above on the stretch tires lol.. imma stay out of it man.. I'm not an expert in this area.. ask me about Workers' Compensation then I can help! ����

Last edited by Markcma3; 08-05-17 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 08-05-17, 12:49 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

well truthfully I sought counsel from Rodney, @typerod when purchasing these wheels and tires. Buying a new set of ssr CV04's and still sought his opinion and Susnake, wait Sasnuke and they both gave sound advice. Since I daily the vehicle gonna keep the specs roughly the same.

They are entitled to their opinions for sure but they act like Im trying to rape and kill people; Im not
Old 08-05-17, 12:54 PM
Markcma3
Rookie

They are entitled to their opinions for sure but they act like Im trying to rape and kill people; Im not
Understood.
Old 08-08-17, 10:46 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Jesus you too!!?? Give me a ****en break. First and foremost...I mount my own **** so no I didnt make msyeld sign a waiver. You and whats his face make it sound like the world will end!!!! Its not ending and all though these are fairly stretched its not crazy excessive. again I have done litterally thousands of tires like this and no issues. So please spare me the bull**** down talking.

I appreciate the concern but its unwarranted
Um...language please. I believe my comment was crafted using fact and not wild assumptions...and no fowl language was used.
You can check with the tire manufacturer to validate the comments I made about fitment if you are in doubt they are accurate and true.
I did state "it poses a safety concern"...if you feel there is no concern, then so be it. I'm not here to change your mind, just make a comment using fact...you can decide how you accept it...apparently you did decide.

If you mounted them yourself and didn't use a tire shop, then please ignore my comment about the tire shop and waiver. I wasn't aware you did the work yourself.

And, for whatever happens or doesn't happen when you drive on the road, once you are fine with taking full responsibility, then I say "motor on and enjoy".
AquaMayne (10-01-21)
Old 08-08-17, 10:59 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Stating fact isn't "spewing garbage"...and there is a reason why tire manufacturers have spec sheets...like rim manufacturers have spec sheets...like medicine bottles have directions for use.
Just because you have done 1000's of tires and nothing has gone wrong, doesn't mean it won't and doesn't mean it hasn't...and maybe you just don't know about it.
I realize that comments in opposition to what you believe are difficult to accept, but you can either choose to prove the comment untrue or inaccurate, or attack the person making the comment.
Notice in my post that no attack was made on you, only the fitment, using actual facts.
If you can discount my facts and prove them untrue, please do, then we can all be educated.
If you're just going to take personal attacks to make yourself feel better or look right...then please PM me and leave them out of the thread...they don't serve to better anyone or the CL community.
AquaMayne (10-01-21)
Old 08-08-17, 12:16 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Stating fact isn't "spewing garbage"...and there is a reason why tire manufacturers have spec sheets...like rim manufacturers have spec sheets...like medicine bottles have directions for use.
Just because you have done 1000's of tires and nothing has gone wrong, doesn't mean it won't and doesn't mean it hasn't...and maybe you just don't know about it.
I realize that comments in opposition to what you believe are difficult to accept, but you can either choose to prove the comment untrue or inaccurate, or attack the person making the comment.
Notice in my post that no attack was made on you, only the fitment, using actual facts.
If you can discount my facts and prove them untrue, please do, then we can all be educated.
If you're just going to take personal attacks to make yourself feel better or look right...then please PM me and leave them out of the thread...they don't serve to better anyone or the CL community.

Look here friend I simply dont appreciate you and E36ct or whatever his name is coming at me like Im trying to kill people. Fact is you guys are quite harsh and you ARE spewing non sense in regards to tires just flying off the wheel, causing accidents and killing folks. just because a book doesnt recomend something doesn't mean it cant be done and done safely.
You could have easily said "motor on" as you did above or simply said nothing at all. We can agree to disagree thats 100% ok. But again the above quote is as ****y as mine were.

Fact is I dont know what credentials you have or dont in the tire realm but my experiences leads me to the assumption light to moderate stretch wont hurt a thing safety wise (aka I wont hit a bump spin out and cause mass chaos like E36 eluded too) Again there is a point of far too much...

I see you post in this forum section a bunch so please what are your wheel and tire fitment credentials?

So any way...you do you I will do me��

Last edited by MilkMonstr; 08-08-17 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-08-17, 12:43 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Look here friend I simply dont appreciate you and E36ct or whatever his name is coming at me like Im trying to kill people. Fact is you guys are quite harsh and you ARE spewing non sense in regards to tires just flying off the wheel and killing folks. just because a book doesnt recomend something doesn't mean it cant be done and done safely.
You could have easily said "motor on" as you did above or simply said nothing at all. We can agree to disagree thats 100% ok. But again the above quote is as ****y as mine were.
The bold above was E46CT's comments...not mine...maybe you need to read my post again.
I never stated any of that. If those comments are your point of concern with the responses, then you should address them to E46CT and leave me out of it.
I never agreed with his statement...I only provided a comment based on fact. Frankly I find that some on here like to make bold comments without any facts to back it up.
Hence why my comments contain fact, and not speculation.
And I never suggested that you were going to kill anyone, once again, that was E46CT. For all I know your IS could be a trailer queen and the look is just for car shows and you don't daily drive it...
Clearly I didn't know you installed the wheels/tires yourself either.
And like you said...we can agree to disagree, and that's fine...I wasn't agreeing with E46CT nor disagreeing with you...I made a statement based on fact, you can choose to accept or interpret it however you like.
If E46CT can backup his claims with actual video proof of an accident caused by stretched tires, I'd love to see it. I've never witnessed it personally, so I can't speak to that, but I'd love to see it to know it can actually happen.

I think it's safe to say on the forum there is a variety of experiences when it comes to cars in general. There may be some on here that are new to motoring and are looking for information and knowledge.
I would hate to see those folks misinformed. To say that stretched wheels is dangerous and could kill someone is unfair unless you provide some context as to why...like actual proof.
To say it is perfectly safe is also unfair without some context as to why as well.
My comments contain fact that an educated reader can review and come to their own conclusion of what is safe and what is not. If anyone has questions about my posts, I'm more than happy to clarify or provide more supporting information.
I wouldn't make a post on wild accusation without being able to back it up with fact. Facts can be proven or disproved, and can be the topic of intelligent conversation.
Old 08-08-17, 01:42 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Lol sure buddy. Ive also been doing this for years as well, about 20 to be exact, and have run through 1000's...yes 1000's of tires with no failures due to stretching.

Yes they can come off a bead but then again so can any tire. I have only seen a tire debead when excessive stretch is used (for example a 205 series tire on a 10 inch) or when the bead is damaged during mounting. So please keep the sky is falling horse**** to yourself because its just that, horse****.
I'm actually going to do a blog post later on showcasing the dangers of stancing, sagging, popping, stretching, and poking and how it can endanger innocent people and families on the road. I have a real life example I'm working on today where someone I care about inherited a "popped and poked" car and risked her safety with that lifestyle.
Old 08-09-17, 04:02 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

look guys lets just agree to disagree. Im far to busy to argue with folks that refuse to look at other view points. You guys have valid points and some that need way more informatikn. So motor on

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheel Showcase - 3ISx Exclusive