Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 1997 Lexus LS400 UCF20

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-17, 03:11 PM
timmy0tool

Received 420 Likes on 374 Posts
Default 1997 Lexus LS400 UCF20

*SOLD*

1997 Lexus LS400
pearl white on grey interior
172k accident-free miles, and counting
clean CA title, in hand to my name
VIN number available to serious buyers
Registration paid for through April 2019, no back fees
asking $OLD!

Non-smoker, dual climate control, heater is very hot and AC is very cold, no faded or burned out gauge cluster needle lights, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, power front seats, memory driver's seat, tilt/slide moon roof, power windows, power locks, original engine and buttery smooth shifting 4-speed automatic transmission, all tires match and have good even tread, no check engine light or other problem lights, keyless entry with factory immobilizer (2 keys and 2 key fobs), 6 disc CD changer and premium Pioneer factory audio with no blown out speakers, factory trunk tool box and first aid kit included, all records/receipts will be included.

I've had this handsome and marvelous vehicle since Oct 2011 and it has never let me down. It was my show car attending one major show a year until 2016 when I stopped attending. I have to part with it due to a family change. I purchased it from an elderly couple up in Bakersfield, and found that the Monroney sticker (will provide) showed the car was originally sold at Longo Lexus in El Monte. The car is parked in the garage or under the shade at home so the original paint still shines, and all weather-stripping is very soft. There are no repainted body panels with all VIN number intact around the car. Grey interior is in supreme shape, with no tears in the original leather, with original floor mats. Typically a white LS400 would come with a tan interior so a grey interior in this condition is rare. Even all the seatbelts are clean and retract perfectly showing no signs of wear or added weight due to accumulation of dried sweat and dead skin. I dare you to find a cleaner grey interior! The motor is strong and the transmission gives no problems whatsoever. The chassis rides ultra smooth just as Lexus intended!

I am highly meticulous on its service and modification, and try to stick to new OE parts even when it is not cost effective to do so. I do most of the work myself in my garage. Here is a list of things done in order since my ownership:
- Timing belt and water pump were replaced at 131k when I got the car, including idler and tensioner bearings, tensioner, thermostat, both caps and rotors, and NGK iridium spark plugs. See more details in a link below.
- The transmission fluid was flushed with a caseload of Toyota Type-IV ATF, and the rear diff fluid replaced with Royal Purple 75w-90. Full synthetic Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 is utilized every 8k using an OE Toyota oil filter every time.
- As a preventative maintenance to stop the all-too-common leaking of the power steering fluid into the alternator, the o-ring at the bottom of the PS reservoir was replaced, adding new synthetic DEX-III fluid in the process.
- Replaced an O2 sensor (I believe bank 2 sensor 2) with an OE Denso sensor due to a check engine light.
- Both cabin (carbon) and air intake filters were replaced with OE.
- The transmission mount was replaced to remedy a tiny vibration at highway speeds.
- Factory new EGR pipe and gaskets were swapped in to replace the leaking one.
- Only premium 91 oct fuel is ever used and the car gets roughly 21-25mpg. On a long road trip to Norcal it hit 425+ miles to the tank. It is an excellent highway cruiser, doing 85mph with ease!
- Mods started with 35% medium tint installed all around minus the windshield, done by Best Tint in Stanton (lifetime warranty).
- The whole interior and trunk were converted to LED lighting, even the foot well and vanity lights.
- All new OE chrome emblems and badging, even the wheel center caps, replaced the dated gold emblems.
- The horrendous non-OE faux wood trim around the vents and headunit were peeled off.
- The radio antenna was wired to the cell phone antenna imprinted on the rear glass with decent reception (no more ugly motorized antenna mast though it's intact and functional if plugged back in).
- All fenders are trimmed, not pulled, to fit wider wheels and tires.
- The car had aftermarket air suspension but was removed and stock suspension returned with the exact same set that came with the car so the suspension has 30k less miles, no leaks.
- Front lower ball joints were replaced with factory new OE.
- Brakes were done at 130k with OE pads by the previous owner, plus I sanded and painted the calipers and rotor hats with aluminum silver brake caliper paint, front and back.
- I wash my cars using the two bucket system with grit guards using microfiber towels, always cleaning the interior at a daily OCD-rate. A clay and wax is done once a year using Meguiar's products.

The known issues are as follows for full disclosure. There are a few very minor dents and scratches on the body, was there prior to my ownership. I tried to capture them in the pictures. The previous owner tried to touch it up with paint and I just left it alone. There is a hairline crack on the driver's side mirror. There is a star crack on the windshield when I took delivery, was sealed, and has never grown. I recently received another star crack in January and has not grown since. The passenger side fender arch at the 12 o'clock position was pulled out a tiny bit due to contact with the tire while entering a driveway so I pulled it back as best as I could. The car leaks a small amount of oil from the oil pan overnight. The steering rack boots are slightly damp. The driver's side rear door lock actuator is slow to open/close automatically so it take a few triggers of the lock/unlock button to move, manually it is fine. The front brakes have an occasional vibration when applied at high speed. I suspect rotors need resurfacing. Pads are still good. The radio volume **** backlight is out. Factory trunk tool box is missing the factory pen light. Other than these minor issues, everything else on the car works as it should!

forum log including timing belt change:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-an-ls400.html

Last edited by timmy0tool; 04-02-18 at 03:15 PM. Reason: SOLD!
Old 06-06-17, 08:04 PM
GH5T
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MANN!!! Timmy that thing is CLEANNNNN!!!!!!
Old 06-19-17, 11:41 AM
timmy0tool

Originally Posted by GH5T
MANN!!! Timmy that thing is CLEANNNNN!!!!!!
thanks good sir!
Old 08-17-17, 10:41 AM
timmy0tool

sad to say but I am going to remove the air suspension so that will be up for sale separately soon. I may just keep it for a future build!
Old 12-21-17, 02:31 PM
timmy0tool

updated ad!

Last edited by timmy0tool; 01-29-18 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-29-18, 08:21 PM
timmy0tool

i am located in tustin now. special price for CL members!
Old 04-02-18, 09:18 AM
timmy0tool

Price adjusted, tax return anyone?
Old 04-02-18, 03:16 PM
timmy0tool

someone jumped on this quick, car is now sold! i'll miss her dearly!
Old 04-03-18, 02:14 PM
2008GS
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
*SOLD*

1997 Lexus LS400
pearl white on grey interior
172k accident-free miles, and counting
clean CA title, in hand to my name
VIN number available to serious buyers
Registration paid for through April 2019, no back fees
asking $OLD!

Non-smoker, dual climate control, heater is very hot and AC is very cold, no faded or burned out gauge cluster needle lights, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, power front seats, memory driver's seat, tilt/slide moon roof, power windows, power locks, original engine and buttery smooth shifting 4-speed automatic transmission, all tires match and have good even tread, no check engine light or other problem lights, keyless entry with factory immobilizer (2 keys and 2 key fobs), 6 disc CD changer and premium Pioneer factory audio with no blown out speakers, factory trunk tool box and first aid kit included, all records/receipts will be included.

I've had this handsome and marvelous vehicle since Oct 2011 and it has never let me down. It was my show car attending one major show a year until 2016 when I stopped attending. I have to part with it due to a family change. I purchased it from an elderly couple up in Bakersfield, and found that the Monroney sticker (will provide) showed the car was originally sold at Longo Lexus in El Monte. The car is parked in the garage or under the shade at home so the original paint still shines, and all weather-stripping is very soft. There are no repainted body panels with all VIN number intact around the car. Grey interior is in supreme shape, with no tears in the original leather, with original floor mats. Typically a white LS400 would come with a tan interior so a grey interior in this condition is rare. Even all the seatbelts are clean and retract perfectly showing no signs of wear or added weight due to accumulation of dried sweat and dead skin. I dare you to find a cleaner grey interior! The motor is strong and the transmission gives no problems whatsoever. The chassis rides ultra smooth just as Lexus intended!

I am highly meticulous on its service and modification, and try to stick to new OE parts even when it is not cost effective to do so. I do most of the work myself in my garage. Here is a list of things done in order since my ownership:
- Timing belt and water pump were replaced at 131k when I got the car, including idler and tensioner bearings, tensioner, thermostat, both caps and rotors, and NGK iridium spark plugs. See more details in a link below.
- The transmission fluid was flushed with a caseload of Toyota Type-IV ATF, and the rear diff fluid replaced with Royal Purple 75w-90. Full synthetic Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 is utilized every 8k using an OE Toyota oil filter every time.
- As a preventative maintenance to stop the all-too-common leaking of the power steering fluid into the alternator, the o-ring at the bottom of the PS reservoir was replaced, adding new synthetic DEX-III fluid in the process.
- Replaced an O2 sensor (I believe bank 2 sensor 2) with an OE Denso sensor due to a check engine light.
- Both cabin (carbon) and air intake filters were replaced with OE.
- The transmission mount was replaced to remedy a tiny vibration at highway speeds.
- Factory new EGR pipe and gaskets were swapped in to replace the leaking one.
- Only premium 91 oct fuel is ever used and the car gets roughly 21-25mpg. On a long road trip to Norcal it hit 425+ miles to the tank. It is an excellent highway cruiser, doing 85mph with ease!
- Mods started with 35% medium tint installed all around minus the windshield, done by Best Tint in Stanton (lifetime warranty).
- The whole interior and trunk were converted to LED lighting, even the foot well and vanity lights.
- All new OE chrome emblems and badging, even the wheel center caps, replaced the dated gold emblems.
- The horrendous non-OE faux wood trim around the vents and headunit were peeled off.
- The radio antenna was wired to the cell phone antenna imprinted on the rear glass with decent reception (no more ugly motorized antenna mast though it's intact and functional if plugged back in).
- All fenders are trimmed, not pulled, to fit wider wheels and tires.
- The car had aftermarket air suspension but was removed and stock suspension returned with the exact same set that came with the car so the suspension has 30k less miles, no leaks.
- Front lower ball joints were replaced with factory new OE.
- Brakes were done at 130k with OE pads by the previous owner, plus I sanded and painted the calipers and rotor hats with aluminum silver brake caliper paint, front and back.
- I wash my cars using the two bucket system with grit guards using microfiber towels, always cleaning the interior at a daily OCD-rate. A clay and wax is done once a year using Meguiar's products.

The known issues are as follows for full disclosure. There are a few very minor dents and scratches on the body, was there prior to my ownership. I tried to capture them in the pictures. The previous owner tried to touch it up with paint and I just left it alone. There is a hairline crack on the driver's side mirror. There is a star crack on the windshield when I took delivery, was sealed, and has never grown. I recently received another star crack in January and has not grown since. The passenger side fender arch at the 12 o'clock position was pulled out a tiny bit due to contact with the tire while entering a driveway so I pulled it back as best as I could. The car leaks a small amount of oil from the oil pan overnight. The steering rack boots are slightly damp. The driver's side rear door lock actuator is slow to open/close automatically so it take a few triggers of the lock/unlock button to move, manually it is fine. The front brakes have an occasional vibration when applied at high speed. I suspect rotors need resurfacing. Pads are still good. The radio volume **** backlight is out. Factory trunk tool box is missing the factory pen light. Other than these minor issues, everything else on the car works as it should!

forum log including timing belt change:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-an-ls400.html

Beautiful car, looks NEW! Wish I had the chrome wheels for my '97.. Good luck with the sale!