SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-16, 09:32 AM
mandyfig

Received 415 Likes on 365 Posts

The puddle lights look great! Mine was the old style. Now you have them plug and play! Very cool!
Old 08-09-16, 10:56 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 411 Likes on 360 Posts

Where did you get those Lexus puddle lights?
Old 08-09-16, 02:39 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 553 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
Where did you get those Lexus puddle lights?
Was the question for me? Shadow light, you meant? From Amazon.
Old 08-09-16, 02:45 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Sorry GmanSC, yes I meant to be asking you. I should have been more specific.

I didn't know what to call them since I'd seen both puddle and shadow light used. (I see that the vendors on Amazon use shadow, so I guess I have my answer now.)
Thanks GmanSC. $12 or so for a pair, not bad. (I wish that I had seen that before replacing my lights earlier this year.)
Old 08-14-16, 03:48 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Finally got to installing my ISF rear sway bar. I was going to get all new mounting hardware to install it and end links but i ended up making the factory stuff work. I used the isf bushing because it was still on there. Used the SC430 bracket and made it fit. Also used the sc430 endlinks. I may or may not get the ISF endlinks but we will see.
Old 08-18-16, 07:51 AM
Sundog49
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TPMS light won't go out

My TPMS light won't go out. I was told that they may need to be reprogrammed. Does anyone know if this is true? I had it reset once and made sure all tires had the same pressure. Next day the light was on again. All pressures were still the same.
Old 08-18-16, 11:38 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 876 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by Sundog49
My TPMS light won't go out. I was told that they may need to be reprogrammed. Does anyone know if this is true? I had it reset once and made sure all tires had the same pressure. Next day the light was on again. All pressures were still the same.
the sensor battery may be dead. Click on link and reference post 207. Ask questions in the thread in which it applies.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-system-6.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-18-16 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-18-16, 01:16 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Sundog49
This is very common for the SC430s, as the batteries in the individual TPMS sensors were only designed to last roughly 6 years (and since it's been 6 years since the last SC430 was produced). My 2002 had this problem, and I simply had my independent shop disconnect the TPMS wire from underneath the shifter console (instructions for doing this yourself can easily be found on this forum, but my guy did it for free when he was doing other work for me).

I didn't find that much usefulness to the old-school TPMS in the SC430 (i.e., not being able to tell which tire was low, not getting actual tire pressure readings on the dashboard, etc.). Also, the cost to replace individual sensors (and the stupid-expensive cost of programming the sensors that can only be done at a Lexus dealer) made me decide to just chuck the whole system and do a visual tire inspection before I ride (like I've been doing since I started driving back in the 70s).
Old 08-18-16, 02:37 PM
sblevins
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't like that the shift **** was so much lighter in color than the rest of the wood so I ordered two new versions, one with burl and leather on the sides. The other is solid wood with no figuring markings, but it is a darker shade than the one that came with the car. So far, I am leaning the non-leather one. I like that the leather one has a better wood match, but I think I prefer the all-wood version, it is a good match for the steering wheel. I might keep both and change at will, but will probably sell the one I don't keep.
The burl/leather version.

The all wood version.

Old 08-18-16, 03:56 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sblevins
I didn't like that the shift **** was so much lighter in color than the rest of the wood so I ordered two new versions, one with burl and leather on the sides. The other is solid wood with no figuring markings, but it is a darker shade than the one that came with the car. So far, I am leaning the non-leather one. I like that the leather one has a better wood match, but I think I prefer the all-wood version, it is a good match for the steering wheel. I might keep both and change at will, but will probably sell the one I don't keep.
There's definitely arguments in favor of each one. I kind of like the wood-leather combo.
Old 08-18-16, 03:58 PM
sblevins
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I also had been searching for a nonsmoker box, to no avail. So since my ashtray was missing and the interior was melted by the previous owner, I bought an ashtray. I followed the advice in an IS thread and removed the metal portion, so it is more of a storage box now.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9590052

Melted interior...

Old 08-18-16, 04:13 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by sblevins
The burl/leather version.

The all wood version.
the all wood one looks more factory. The one with the leather looks good too though. Pick the one you like sell the other one.
Old 08-19-16, 04:16 AM
Sundog49
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bgw70
the sensor battery may be dead. Click on link and reference post 207. Ask questions in the thread in which it applies.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-system-6.html
Thanks for the info and the thread location. The pictures are helpful. I think I'm just going to unplug the TPMS. It's not very useful anyway.
Old 08-19-16, 04:19 AM
Sundog49
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by riknchar
This is very common for the SC430s, as the batteries in the individual TPMS sensors were only designed to last roughly 6 years (and since it's been 6 years since the last SC430 was produced). My 2002 had this problem, and I simply had my independent shop disconnect the TPMS wire from underneath the shifter console (instructions for doing this yourself can easily be found on this forum, but my guy did it for free when he was doing other work for me).

I didn't find that much usefulness to the old-school TPMS in the SC430 (i.e., not being able to tell which tire was low, not getting actual tire pressure readings on the dashboard, etc.). Also, the cost to replace individual sensors (and the stupid-expensive cost of programming the sensors that can only be done at a Lexus dealer) made me decide to just chuck the whole system and do a visual tire inspection before I ride (like I've been doing since I started driving back in the 70s).
Thanks for all the useful information. I think those things are getting unplugged.
Old 08-19-16, 06:38 PM
Helogadget
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up an ISF rear sway for mine off Ebay. Looking at the book it looks like a fairly easy job. How did it go for you? How did it affect the handling? Any "gotchas" I should be aware of before I dig into this? I know about the sensor and plan on carefully marking its position before I remove anything.

Originally Posted by lbintab
Finally got to installing my ISF rear sway bar. I was going to get all new mounting hardware to install it and end links but i ended up making the factory stuff work. I used the isf bushing because it was still on there. Used the SC430 bracket and made it fit. Also used the sc430 endlinks. I may or may not get the ISF endlinks but we will see.

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?