GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Trade tail lights with JDM version

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-18, 08:51 PM
hageuzai
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trade tail lights with JDM version

Hello I live in Japan and would like to ask if anyone is interested in trading tail lenses with my JP spec.
I am talking about the red/orange type (before face lift) and as far as I know the only difference
shall be the corner marker on the outside so I guess we can keep the inner 2pieces to save shipping cost.

I am looking forward to do an even trade (cover half the shipping) ONLY IF you can send yours over first.
The reason why I am saying this is because I have faced some rude guys where he would not send back
what he agreed on.

Imho my lenses are in pretty good condition (no cracks, only few minor scratces) so I am expecting
something similar.
Please let me know if anybody is interested and I can send pics or discuss about the terms.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-09-18, 05:30 AM
Patrick4GS
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Any pictures of the tail lights you are offering?
Old 02-09-18, 12:31 PM
timmy0tool

Received 420 Likes on 374 Posts

I believe the Japanese spec lights look exactly the same as our US lights, with some omissions.
US DOT regulations require all cars/trucks to have illuminated front side amber corner lights and rear side red lights (when looking at the side profile of a vehicle), and the lens needs to be reflective.

you can see the reflector here, triangle in shape, with the side light on behind it.

I predict the Japanese lights will lack this side red light and will not be reflective, which is hard to tell in the pic below.

and what's up with the back up lens on this model?! so much cooler, and most likely LED! Japanese perhaps?
Old 02-12-18, 05:32 PM
hageuzai
Rookie

Yes they are exactly like the pictures shown above.
I was not aware whether if the back up lenes were LEDs, I will get photos of mine later today.
Old 02-13-18, 10:29 PM
hageuzai
Rookie

So this is what I have.
The back up lens weren't LEDs, I am assuming that the image above may be a back fog?

Like someone pointed out, you can hardly tell the difference plus these may not pass local regulations but I was wondering if there might be any JDM freaks out here since I am a USDM guy myself.