GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Fast clock solution?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 08:41 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Wait a minute. I thought you got married. You mean she hasn't smartened you up even a little bit?
What married?

Old 11-29-17, 08:44 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,028 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
What married?

Hahaha Hehehehe ... hahaha!

You dirtbag.
Old 02-18-19, 11:22 AM
brayker
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but my solution to an inaccurate dash clock in my 2013 GS350 F Sport was a new car battery.

My clock stopped keeping time accurately about 18 months ago, and I searched for answers to fix it but found none. A used replacement clock was about $200, so I never tried it and just accepted having a broken clock. About a month ago, the car battery died (it was the original battery). Never had any trouble starting the car during the past year and a half like slow cranking. But after I replaced the car battery, I noticed about a week later that the clock seemed consistent again. So I set the time correctly, and it's been fine since. Not sure if this will fix all clock accuracy problems, but I hope it helps someone.

Last edited by brayker; 02-18-19 at 11:23 AM. Reason: error
The following 3 users liked this post by brayker:
bob256k (02-18-19), Knucklebus (04-19-19), Shello (02-27-20)
Old 08-02-19, 08:20 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by brayker
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but my solution to an inaccurate dash clock in my 2013 GS350 F Sport was a new car battery.

My clock stopped keeping time accurately about 18 months ago, and I searched for answers to fix it but found none. A used replacement clock was about $200, so I never tried it and just accepted having a broken clock. About a month ago, the car battery died (it was the original battery). Never had any trouble starting the car during the past year and a half like slow cranking. But after I replaced the car battery, I noticed about a week later that the clock seemed consistent again. So I set the time correctly, and it's been fine since. Not sure if this will fix all clock accuracy problems, but I hope it helps someone.
I have this problem with my 2014 LS460. I am at 55K and the original battery. I wonder if a battery is all I need. Somewhere else someone said to disconnect the battery for a half hour so the car resets everything. That fixed it for them. I don't want to buy a new freaking clock and I don't want to buy a new battery if min is fine.
Old 08-06-19, 06:40 PM
Barkley45
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

As an FYI, I replaced my battery a few days ago on my 2014 (80,000 miles on the car) and it did not solve the fast clock problem for me.
The following users liked this post:
TheWizard (01-05-20)
Old 08-06-19, 07:50 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

I cannot explain the miracle that happened last Friday. I had an amp installed which involved the battery being disconnected.

Presets stayed, I lost the auto seat programming, but the real story is the clock healed itself. I am too scared to try to change any of the settings. I just left it as is and now it works.

Maybe disconnect the battery for an hour and see if that heals your clock.
Old 08-07-19, 06:37 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

I knew I was going to jinx it. This morning clock is 30 minutes fast again.
Back to square 1.
Old 10-10-19, 09:34 PM
Yamafuturo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast clock problem

Originally Posted by eddoker
I recently bought a 2013 GS 350 lux and have noticed that the analog clock runs fast. I tried to search the forums and found people had similar problems, but never saw a solution. It's not longer under warranty. Was buying a new clock the fix? Thanks
I have the same problem on my Lexus GS450 2013. I called Lexus today and they told me it will cost $600 bucks to replace it. This is insane and shameful on them. The guy had asked for my VIN number, so he added on the records that I have this problem. When I asked him if I could purchase extended warranty, he said " most likely, you won't qualify to cover this issue because it's pre-existing".. very dissapointed
Old 01-04-20, 10:01 AM
Sdriche
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I purchased. ‘13 ls 460 with the fast clock issue, I tried changing all the settings, and did the battery disconnect thing as well. Nothing worked. I recently updated my Apps using Lexus enform and lo and behold, my clock works now. DST is off as well as the automatic time. I set it manually and now have accurate time. Worth a try if you are having this issue.

1. Disconnect battery for 15 mins
2. Update via Lexus enform in the apps folder

Old 01-04-20, 12:41 PM
Yamafuturo
Driver School Candidate

How do you update the apps Using the Enform? I saw online that you have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription for it.
Can you explain what is lo and behold?
Thanks
Old 01-04-20, 12:46 PM
Yamafuturo
Driver School Candidate

Also, you mentioned that disconnecting the battery did not work. However I see that you put it as a step to do before downloading the Enform app folder.
Old 01-05-20, 01:33 AM
buckets
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

My clock has been hours slow for the past year, I changed my battery at 115k and it still didn’t solve the problem. I guess I can careless now.
TheWizard (01-05-20)
Old 01-05-20, 05:41 AM
Sdriche
Driver School Candidate

Go to your App Store And download Enform. No cost. There are free apps built into the platform and services like remote start you need to pay for.
Old 01-05-20, 05:43 AM
Sdriche
Driver School Candidate

I don’t know what fixed the clock issue so I listed both steps I took. It’s been 3 days and it still works.
Yamafuturo (01-05-20)
Old 01-05-20, 02:19 PM
TheWizard
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

On my wife's car, the clock runs slow. Loses time almost instantly now. Time to cash in on the extended warranty...going to dealer next week.
FWIW, the car battery was replaced several months ago. Didn't fix the problem as expected...replacing the car battery to fix a clock problem makes zero sense.

On my GS (same year but less mileage) the clock is still very accurate.

Quick Reply: Fast clock solution?